Old 01-23-2006, 08:06 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 1/23 - 1/29

Starting the topic - be back later.

Happy Monday!
Judy
Old 01-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #2  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Finally lost another pound after a couple of no-loss weeks...I am hoping I will see more improvement this week!

Hope all had a great weekend...

My goal this week is to eat more milk/dairy foods and drink more water - I'm thinking that may be a reason for my stalling!

Have a great day!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Sorry I was missing in action all last week. I'll go back and read the posts later. I've fallen off the wagon and am struggling mightly to get back on. I think I'm feeling sorry for myself because I haven't been feeling well and I've got to knock this off.

Back later.

Carla
Old 01-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #4  

Angry Well, darn it

I weighed about 4 days ago and had lost 2 lbs. Weighed in today after being really, really good all week and I'm up one. I'll just be patient and see where I'm at by the end of the week. It's disgusting but have to hang in there. Can't get it done if I quit.

Drinking water and gonna count every point. I WILL BE GOOD.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #5  

hello all!

i my weigh-in day is sunday and i weighed myself yesterday morning and i was down 4 pounds.

i did my stability ball exercise video today--45 minutes--3 AP

is this a food journal as well?

today:

cream of wheat 1.5 pts
fruit 1.5 pts
tomato juice 1 pt

tomato soup 1.5 pts.

and lots of water!

tonight it's a big rush b/c it's election day, we have to visit my mom in the hospital and then i have to go to a church meeting tonight. i think we're going to end up eating out. i'm thinking subway.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Emily - Congrats on the loss.

Jellybeen and Canadiangirl - Welcome and congrats on your great losses.

Welcome to everyone else who joined us last week.

Judy - Congrats on a couple of weeks of losses! You're rockin' it.

Have a great evening everyone.

Carla
Old 01-24-2006, 06:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 219.8/149.7/135

Height: 5'4

Lost 2 lbs. I have a question about activity points. Do you guys eat all of the activity points that you earn in a day? It seems that it would defeat the purpose to exercise if you eat the points you earned. Just wondering
Old 01-24-2006, 07:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Smile

I stayed the same this week. I get discouraged cuz I lost so good at first and now I feel I am stuck...I know I made some bad choices last week and have been snacking with my leftover points in the evenings.......SOOOOOOOOOOOI know what to do just can't seem to do it. Kicking myself in the butt big time ........my goal this week is to not eat in the evenings!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:49 AM   #9  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Kristie

I am knowing exactly how you are feeling this week!! I have been having a mini-melt-down of sorts...

Most of my flex points are already gone for the week so I am re-vamping TODAY!!

Are you with me?

I am going back to square one when I was very dilligent with my points and keeping away from the sugary snacks. I have been a little loose with my point-counting and I think it's starting to show.

But I have 5 more days this week to make it happen and I am determined to not go back to where I came from!!

Activity Points: I try to eat a few of the activity points but one thing I've noticed is that they are not an equal exchange so even if you eat all your activity points it's not the same as eating regular points because you burned about twice as many calories to earn those points. Does that make sense? For example - if I run 40 minutes on the treadmill, I basically burn about 500 calories (which is roughly 10 food points). But according to the Activity Points information, I am only earning about 5 points to use/save. I know I may not be making complete sense but it helps me alot.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:09 AM   #10  

re: activity points

i have been using my activity points before i use my flex points. is this wrong? should i use my flex points first and then use my activity points?
Old 01-24-2006, 10:49 AM   #11  
Lucyee

Hi everyone,I am new to this thread. I am doing WW at Home and would like to make a connection. I just got this computer and now I am getting used to it. I will write a little later. Hope to get to know all of you. I have not weighed myself, yet, as I am going to my Dr., on Friday and I went to compare her scale to mine, to get a true reading. I also, just got my new scale at home. BBL. Hope you all have a good day. Lucyee
Old 01-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #12  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

i'm up 2 from 197 which irritates me. i've been within points since i started and some days even find it hard to make points. been working out 5-6 days a week. so i don't know. i guess the bright side is i've lost 2 inches in my hips and 2 in my waist.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #13  
Lucyee

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a good day. Friday will probably be my At Home weigh in day, as that is the day, I am weighing in at my Dr's office. I have been struggling with the program, for some time, now. Am glad to be here and sharing. Lucy
Old 01-24-2006, 02:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Smile

Emily,
I am with you.

I am eating all my points before 7 pm and if I need a snack after that it will be carrots or celery!! I am weighing everything again not just looking at it!!
Old 01-24-2006, 03:27 PM   #15  

Woohoo - down another 1.2kg (2.64 lbs). I'm determined to make my exercise challenge this month too. I never realised how competitive I was, LOL. Having never been a goal-setter, it's certainly keeping me motivated, as is checking in here.

Hi Judy, thanks for starting the new thread.

Emily ~ WTG on the loss.

Carla ~ Sorry you've not been doing so well. Hope you get on top of things soon.

Jellybeen ~ Good luck for your weigh in. Weighing during the week can be so demotivating when your weight fluctuates.

Canadian*Girl ~ I've just discovered the benefits of Subway as a takeaway meal, LOL. WTG on doing your stability ball (we call them Swiss or Fit balls here). I bought Core Secrets long ago and have only done it once - there's not a lot of room in our current house without having to rearrange the furniture every time. I must get back into it though.

Leia ~ Our points system is very different here. Your points allowance on Flex is considerably higher (and our point values for foods are the same). At my current weight I'm allowed 20 points (22 per the US system) and a maximum of 12 APs a week no matter how much you exercise (the reason being that exercise should not be used as an excuse to overeat). We don't get the extra 35 Flex Points either. I occasionally eat my APs but not often, unless I have a splurge during the week.

KristieKat - Good luck with sticking to your goal this week.

Lucky ~ Good luck with the re-vamp.

Lucyee ~ Welcome. Good luck with your weight-loss journey.

Jas80 ~ Sorry you didn't experience a loss but WTG on the inch loss. That's most important. You'll be converting fat to muscle with all those workouts. Keep it up.
Closed Thread