Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 09:57 PM   #1  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default Is this possible?

Hey all. Usually I'm the one buzzing around answering posts, but this week has stumped me. This week's weighin....showed a whopping 5 lb gain since last week. Not sure what is happening there, but I wasn't a happy camper at all this morning. I've had steady and consistent weight loss throughout 9 weeks of weighins. Nothing out of the normal for last week, heck I even lost weight with TOM here. My points are good and I'm OP....very confusing indeed!!! My friend called me yesterday and told me of a great dream that she had with me reaching goal!!! Let me tell you, glad she called because, a 5 lb gain was going to derail me right then and there. Instead I brushed the gain off and just continued with my normal days routine. MIND OVER MATTER!!! HOOOO HAWWWWW !!!! Any rational explaination? Any comments? I'm still doing my thing and will see what next week brings.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:42 PM   #2  

Seeing a gain on the scale is one of the disappointment we all face. We end up thinking "WHY?" I can only tell you that every time I saw a gain that was unexplained, I also saw and unexplained huge reduction directly following it.

Keep your chin up and stay on program. I see you have lost 19 lbs. WOW! That is a lot of weight. I bet you feel those pants getting baggy and I bet you even feel your bra is not feeling quite right.

I wish you the best.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:52 PM   #3  
banned

keep goin!!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:20 AM   #4  
soon to be goddess

Thanks loralee! I'm crossing my fingers as I've heard a maintain/gain often results in a loss the following week. My pants are getting baggy and saggy and my bra's are getting loose also. Just to keep OP and keep my mind from getting too snack happy with the wrong foods, I've been wearing a pair of pants that haven't fit in a few years. I've re-discovered them, so thats a good thing!! I'll keep plugging away. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Angle: This happened to me to a couple of weeks ago. I had been eating alot over the weekend and I snuck a peek on Monday. I was up 4 lbs. I felt bloated from all the junk and salt I had eaten. I weighed again on Wednesday and it was gone. When I noticed the gain a couple of things went through my mind. First, I felt I deserved the gain because I had done so poorly over the weekend, and second, rationally I thought there was no way that I consumed an extra 14,000 kcals that would cause the 4 lbs gain (3500 kcal = 1 lb).
Lynne
Old 10-19-2005, 09:14 AM   #6  
soon to be goddess

Thanks for taking the time to reply tchrnow. I can see where the overeating might explain away some of the weight gain, and I hadn't thought about the sodium......but I didn't do any of that. My foods were all ww recipe stuff with fresh fruits/veggies added. I will just give it a few days and try a mid week weighin, or just wait until Monday again. One little blip isn't going to derail me this time!! thanks again.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:17 AM   #7  

I am so happy to hear you have re-discovered clothes in your closet. It's like a special find. And it is free.
Keep up the good work.....
Closed Thread