Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 10:13 PM   #1  

Default support

Hello all, Ok this might be kinda weird to ask but I really need a boost or a jumpstart to get back on WW. Can someone tell me what it is like to be a heavy person that you once were and then loose all that weight and what it feels like. I mean to look in the mirror and see a flat stomach and reach your goal weight. I was on WW a while back lost 18lbs and gained it all back do to going off the program and having trouble jumping starting back on. I weigh 193 and 5'8' and need to weigh 140-145. Can someone please explain that awesome feeling to be at your goal weight, I really need a boost to get started. thanks Haley
Old 10-09-2005, 02:30 PM   #2  
banned

yep i can!! i not there now but its whats drivin me bc once upon a time i was there! it rocked!! i got lots of attention, had nice clothes felt energetic.....
Old 10-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #3  

Talking Not There Yet! But Will Be

I'm not there yet, but I've lost 48lb and it feels fantastic. Just yesterday I bought Size 22w jeans. I've been in 26w.
I have more energy than I've had in years. I'm 50 years old. I'm 5'6
On 1/4/04 I weighed 306. last weds I weighed 252
And guys I not thru yet.
My boss got me started doing WW at home this last august and I love it. I only wonder why I waited so long to try it.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:12 AM   #4  
5yrs later/70 lbs thinner

I think I can comment on this a little bit. I lost a lot of weight - in fact I got a bit too low for my body frame. I've kept most of it off for several years. I have about 15 pounds that I gain and relose, but that doesn't bother me. For my height and musculature, that's about a one clothing size fluctuation.

Anyway, it's strange and sometimes it's scary to be thinner. All of a sudden you feel like everyone sees you and you can't hide behind your chub. I'm telling you that it's a little scary because most people don't like to admit that. I think that one reason people regain their pounds is that they aren't prepared to feel a little strange at first. Regaining seems safer than continuing to lose. For about 3 years every time I saw myself in a full length mirror I was stunned. Who is that thin lady? Now when I see photos of my heavier self I don't even recognize that heavier person as me. Eventually your brain catches up to your body.

That said, it's also awesome and wonderful to be thin. It's not just catching your reflection, but little stuff. It's not being cramped in an airplane. Shopping from the middle of the rack and not the largest size on the end of the rack. Or being able to wear a skirt in the Summer without getting chub rub on your thighs. It really feels amazing and I never get bored with it.

Plus, when you take really good care of yourself you set a higher standard for how other people treat you. It's as if your brain says, "I think I'm worth treating well, other people better start giving me the treatment I deserve." It's not that you can't do that at a heavier weight; you absolutely can. For me, when I lost my weight, it became a catalyst to change other things in my life.

Go for it, Haley!

Honey
Closed Thread