Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 10:54 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home, 6/25 - 7/1

Be back in a bit. Just wanted to start the topic.

Judy
Old 06-25-2001, 11:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone and welcome to a new week.

I hope you all had good weekends. The weather in my neck of the woods was just gorgeous. Plenty sunny, but not too hot. We had a relatively quiet weekend. We were supposed to go to a cousin's house for dinner, but John was installing a new system at work and ended up being there much later than planned so dinner was a no go. Don't ask me what happened to the dessert we had purchased to take with us. Yesterday my BIL's in-laws took us to dinner to celebrate my BIL's birthday. We went to a Korean buffet. It was quite good - ate a variety of things, especially veggies, but didn't stuff myself. Of course when presented with a buffet where the food is described only in Korean, I tend to choose only that which I can identify. In addition to the buffet, we had the grilled meat at the table. Yummy.

I woke up with tight rings this morning - I'm guessing the sodium level of Korean food is high, just like Chinese. So I was pleased to see a maintain at the scale. One of these weeks it will be nice to see a loss, but for now I'm glad to be holding steady.

Have a great day.

Carla
26/260/140
Old 06-25-2001, 09:17 PM   #3  

Hi Carla - Congratulations on the maintain. If it wasn't for the Korean food, I bet it would have been a loss. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

My weigh in on Saturday was up a pound but since I had sushi (with soy sauce)on Friday and my rings were very tight, I was pleased with the result. I think it would have been a loss otherwise but I am determined to make it so on Saturday. I figured out that I have 4 weeks until we go to the beach on vacation, and I am determined to lose at least a few pounds between now and then.We had a great weekend - lots of errands on Saturday and we went out to the local Chinese restaurant Saturday night. I counted points, and although I went over, I didn't stuff myself and we actually came home with a doggie bag which we never do. Yesterday my step daughter and grandson came over and we went to the village pool. Anthony had such a good time in the water and at the playground. There were a ton of kids and he ran around all afternoon. Grandma and Grandpa had a great time too. Afterwards, my parents joined us for a little chicken on the grill - very friendly
point wise.

Have a great week!
Judy
163.5/ 158.2/135
Old 06-25-2001, 10:09 PM   #4  

Carla - Congratulations on the maintain. Since your rings were tight, I'm sure you really had a loss. Sounds like your weather was like ours this weekend. Unfortunately we had to turn the air conditioner back on today.

Judy - I'm sure your gain was really water. Sounds like you had a good time this weekend. Good job bringing a doggie bag home from the Chinese restaurant instead of stuffing yourself.

I had a one pound loss this week for losses two weeks in a row! My sister (the one I'm going to see in Florida in 2 weeks) told me about a site she uses for an online journal. It adds your points, keeps track of points banked, and figures exercise points earned. For some reason using this site made me keep much closer watch on what I was eating and pushing to get in just a little more exercise.

Laura wants the phone so I have to go. Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 06-26-2001, 07:32 AM   #5  
Determined Chick!

Hi guys -- long time no see! I fell off the wagon and got lost, but now I'm frantically chasing behind the wagon trying to jump back on it!! As you can see by my signature, I'm up :-( approx 2.5 lbs. I have no excuse, really, except for the fact that Summer and all the impromptu BBQs and outings it brings make it very hard for me to stay on track. Last weekend I went to Chicago for a very fun overnight, and I can't even begin to compute the pts from that one :-P. Ok, no more wallowing (sp?), I've got the WW supplies out, and I'm on top of it.

A slight change, though. I'm considering dropping the meetings for the summer (atleast). I've missed 2, so that means I'd have to pay for 3 meetings to go back tonight. Next week I'll be camping most of the week and will miss the meeting, and two weeks after that I'm on vacation for 2 wks. My concern...can I really do this without the accountability of the meetings?

It is awful watching the scale go up and my loss slowly disappear. Why is this so hard??? I *know* what I have to do, but I blow it off *every* time I get tempted.

It's good to be back among friends, though :-)

Cece and Judy -- sounds like you have things in control ...even when out to eat! Congrats!

Pepper -- You go girl! keep up that losing streak!
Old 06-26-2001, 01:17 PM   #6  
Determined Chick!

Hey CECE -- I see you're online now! But I can't get in touch with you :-P. We should all sign up with an instant message program (AOL or Yahoo) I will soon have both. My cousin forced me ;-) to download the yahoo version because you can actually do voice chatting (with microphone on your pc). (I'm like: Can't we just use the phone?!) I'll be setting it up tonight. If any of you have AOL or the AOL instant messenger, I'm on as HollyAnn7.

I'm having a bad attitude moment, and decided I needed to get online for some support. I don't want to exercise -- I want to lay by a pool. I want to eat anything I want without counting pts. I feel just mired down -- unable or unwilling to expend the effort to stay on track. Any ideas?? For the record, I'm still doing OK for today (soup and pretzels for lunch). I guess I'm just resenting the fact that I'm not eating a more fullfilling lunch :-D!

I hope you guys are shrinking as we speak! Keep it up! Holly
Old 06-26-2001, 01:18 PM   #7  

Hi everyone -

Judy - Sounds like your gain would have been a loss had it not been for the soy sauce. Congrats on bringin home leftovers from the Chinese restaurant. Quite a feat, in my book at least. I bet Anthony slept well for your DIL after all that running around at the pool.

Pat - Congrats on your loss and on your two week losing streak. It's gotten hot here too. A bit too hot for me. I like it in the high 70s.

Holly - Good to see you. So, where did you go to eat in Chicago? I wish I had things in control, but I don't. Like you, I know what I have to do - I just don't do it. It's such a relief to be at least maintaining, which is really pathetic.

I completely lost track of when TOM is due, but I think I'm in the throes of PMS right now. Last night I did fine (convinced John to have sandwiches rather than frozen pizza) and then lost it with chips and cookies. Yuck. I'm trying really hard to reign myself in today. Wish me luck.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 06-26-2001, 06:27 PM   #8  
cookies are for browsers

Talking to the rescue!

Hey, looks like everyone is hanging on by a banana thread, but still OP.

Congrats on your losses and maintains!

Here's a strategy I'm using for the week. It's from Deepak Chopra's book Perfect Weight.

For the next two weeks, I am only going to eat when I'm hungry.

It sounds so simple yet is sooo hard. I've been doing ok OP. I think I've gone over a couple of times but on the whole I've done quite well. My stress binge was only 2 candy bars yesterday. DIdn't have one today. (day ain't over yet!!!)

I hope this strategy helps the rest of you. Do I recommend the book? Yeah, it's got a lot of good sensible approaches and it ESPECIALLY emphasizes what is "perfect weight" for you and not some fashion model or unrealistic ideal.

I am actually bumping up my goal weight to 175. And I'm congratulating myself that I probably weigh what my driver's license says now. THAT is a victory - honesty in a time warp!!

Jennifa
209/who cares, I'm on a pink bike/175
Old 06-26-2001, 07:28 PM   #9  

Hey Everyone!
There is 1 lb less of me this week! Hope it continues, I am with you Cece, I have bad PMS, and here it is 4 pm and I have used all my points! I guess there is nothing left to do but brush my teeth and go to bed

Holly- The wagon is sure to slow down so you can jump on it, I am sure you will do fine, don't get discouraged we all have down times, but pick yourself up and start again, I know you can do it .

Judy- I always find that if I am going on vacation it helps me stay on track, picture yourself all slender on the beach and I bet that will help.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 06-27-2001, 12:03 AM   #10  

Holly - Glad to see you back. I know just how you feel. It is so depressing to see the scale creep up and just not be able to stop yourself from giving in to the temptations. I'm just getting back in control after one of those periods. For some reason just changing the way I was journalling has helped. I have also been doing some surfing on other sites. Reading about how other people are doing and seeing pictures of how they have changed helps me a lot. I don't have instant message right now. I usually don't get on the computer much until late at night.

Carla - Sorry those chips and cookies got to you. I'm sending you positive vibes to fight that PMS monster.

Jennifa - You're right...eating only when hungry sounds so simple, but is really hard to do. Had to laugh about weighing what was on your driver's license. I had to get mine renewed this spring and actually weighed less than it said. Felt really good to be able to lower the weight.

Caseyboo - Congratulations on the loss.

I had another OP day. I had to use my banked points from yesterday, but at least I'm not in the hole. I got out for a walk tonight. I have to miss my walk in the morning since Laura has an early ortho appointment.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 06-27-2001, 09:14 AM   #11  

Pat - way to go on that pound gone forever and a loss two weeks in a row! I'm glad that site helped you. Hey, in my book, whatever helps! Glad to hear that you had a good OP day yesterday and good for you for getting that walk in.

Holly - it's good to see you back! Hey, the important thing is not that you got "lost" but that you got back on the wagon. The only way we'll fail in this struggle is if we give up! Hmmm, suggestions? How about trying a new recipe that's point friendly - maybe you're bored with what you are eating. Maybe a good inspiration read would help. Do you have or can you borrow the Oprah book (Making the Connection). How about walking or swimming in the pool instead of lying around the pool? As for the meetings - I've found that they have helped me when I'm a little (or a lot) shaky - I buy the "meetings in advance" booklet so I got a couple of "missed meetings" - for me, well, I'd go but you have to do what's best for you.

Carla - sorry you had a rough time - I think we are PMS'ing together. TOM is any minute know and I will be very happy when the cravings leave. The important thing is not to beat yourself up over the chips and cookies. Here's some PMSy {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Jennifa - That's a good strategy and believe me, I know how hard it is to eat just when I'm hungry. I love your pink bike reference!

Caseyboo - Congratulations on that one pound gone forever! Hmmm, this seems to be the week for PMS, doesn't it? Yes, I've been picturing myself on that beach and it does help!

I had a pretty good OP day yesterday. I was shooting for 23 points but ended up at 26.5, 1.5 over max. I had food points banked (which I usually never have - I usually only have activity points banked). The PMS cravings have been bad the last couple of days but hopefully they will end soon. I got in a great 45 minutes of a new step tape that I have been waiting for (one of the ones I saw being taped). It was a blast and I can't wait to do the second part tonight. I'm shooting for eating the minimum today - it's going to be in the 90's here (the first in a string of them they're expecting) so that should help. I tend to eat a little less in the heat. I guess that's the upside of a heat wave - the downside is that I tend to get a little bi***y. Grrr, I hate this weather!

Have a great point-friendly day and stay cool!
Judy
Old 06-27-2001, 12:14 PM   #12  
Determined Chick!

Hi! Thanks for the words of inspiration {{{group}}} I went to the gym and did the treadmill for 20 min and then went in the pool. Unfortunately, I quit journaling before dinner, and am sure I was over pts (another case of being away from home for dinner, and being too lazy - and hungry - to make the program a priority). Try, try again

Judy - sounds like you are firmly OP -- that is great I'm deferring my decision about returning to meetings until after the fourth -- maybe even until August when I'm back from my regular vacation.

Pepper - Keep staying OP - way to go!

OOPS - WORK IS CALLING... FINISH POST LATER :-)
Holly
Old 06-27-2001, 05:52 PM   #13  

Hi everyone.

I was in earlier and was going to post and then had to life. Drat work anyhow.

Jennifa - I'll have to check that book out at the library. If I only ate when I was hungry, more than half my battle would be won. Let us know how the new strategy is working for you. Boy, if I matched my driver's license weight, I'd nearly be at goal.

Caseyboo - Congrats on the loss. Sorry to hear that the PMS monster has you in his grips.

Pat - Yay on having another OP day. You're on a streak! Send some of whatever got you going up north, ok?

Judy - {{{HUGS}}} right back at ya'. Wish that stupid monster would just leave us alone. You're doing much better in dealing with him this month than I am. It's not quite as hot here as what you're getting and I hope it stays that way. Like you, I get snarly in the heat. I could never, ever live in Florida or Arizona.

Holly - Sorry we couldn't connect with each other. Maybe we should try the chat room sometime. I'm sorry your in the doldrums. I think Judy's right - you might want to try out a couple of new recipes or plan out some different lunches. Soup and pretzels definitely wouldn't do it for me.

Well, yesterday was a total loss. Today's much saner. I've got to get control of the emotional eating or it's going to do me in. Work is so stressful. I'm depressed about how little time I get to spend with Ana on even a normal workday and tonight I'm working late. I'm frustrated that I can't John to even sit down and run a budget on his salary alone to see if we could swing my staying home. Maybe if I loved, or even liked, my job, it would be different. But have so little time for my daughter and none to speak of for myself for a job that I can barely tolerate anymore. I keeping hoping that when we're done with the conversions and I can move into my former boss' group and least I'll feel differently about the job. But the time issue is still going to be there, mostly because of my commute. Guess I need to either look into flex-time or working from home a couple of days or look for a job closer to home.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for letting me vent.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 06-27-2001, 11:38 PM   #14  

Judy - Hope the PMS cravings leave you alone soon. Were you able to eat at minimum? I've tried, but just can't seem to do it. I really don't do well in the heat either. At least so far this summer we haven't had too many hot days in a row. Most nights we can turn off the air conditioner and use the attic fan. I know it won't last, but I'll enjoy it while I can.

Holly - Good job getting on the treadmill. One thing I've found since I started journalling better was that I wasn't going over by as much as I thought. So often I would think I had blown it, and give up for the day. Now that I'm back to counting the points I realize I can usually save the day with banked points and exercise points.

Carla - Feel free to vent anytime. I hope things get better at work soon. I'd at least look into working closer to home. It can't hurt to look and you might be surprised. I used to work in St. Louis, but hated the long hours and commute. I took a job two miles from home working 9-5 instead of 8-5. It was less money, but was definitely worth it. I didn't have the expense of travel, parking was much cheaper, and I could wear more casual clothes.

I'm on a roll. I still have enough points for my snack tonight and will be able to bank a couple. I got my walk in although it was slower than normal (Darrell came along).

Talk to you tomorrow.
Pat
Old 06-28-2001, 08:11 AM   #15  

Holly – Good for you for going the gym. Sorry to hear about going over points but look at it this way – you took a step back towards “program”. Way to go, girl!

Carla – I’m so sorry you had a rough day. PMS certainly doesn’t help the situation (see my day below!) I’m sorry that you are so miserable at the job. As you know, I was there just a few months ago. When are the conversion supposed to be done? Well, here’s my .02 for what it’s worth. I think you need to start investigating flex-time or telecommuting soon, like now. Your frustration and misery comes through your post so strongly – you need to do something – at least start to – now for your sanity. Do you have any vacation coming up? I was thinking that a couple of days into that might be a good time to bring up the subject of changing things with John. Your being miserable has to effect him too. In the mean time, here’s a bunch of {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}. I wish I could send you more hours in the day to spend with Ana.

Pat – Nope, I wasn’t able to eat at minimum yesterday – more about that below – but I have done it once or twice in the last couple of weeks and I’m going to try to do it today. Way to go on – on a roll – that’s good to hear. Good for you for getting a walk in. I hope the miserable weather we are having stays away from you. It was 80 degrees last night at 10:00 at night and the humidity is going to get worse over the next couple of days.

I had a rough time yesterday. I had planned to eat at minimum but then got stuck at work. Waiting for my train, I had a bag of soy chips – they were only 2 points but I didn’t have a lot to spare. By the time I got home and had dinner, I was a point over so I figured I’d make it a higher point day and do a low one today. Then the monster hit. I ended up eatng up most (but not all) of my banked food and activity points and while I’m not happy about it, it’s still OP. I’m planning a low point day today, 20 or 21 points. Since I telecommute today, I know I can get a workout in at lunch time and I have a lot of veggies I can snack on.

Have a great one everybody!
Judy
Closed Thread