Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 08:18 AM   #1  

Starting the thread - I'll be back once I catch up
Old 05-07-2001, 08:37 AM   #2  

Carla - I'm sorry to hear you had a bad food day. Do you have any idea what the rash is from? Did you do the weight training?

Well, I ended up skipping the meeting - for two reasons. The first was that it was TOM and I didn't want to see the number on the scale even though I knew it was because of TOM. The second reason was that my parents, sister and bil were coming over Sat. afternoon for a birthday bar-b-que for my mom's birthday and I needed to shop early and then prepare. As it turns out, it's just as well that I skipped the meeting because I didn't stop from the time I got up until everyone came. I did OK food-wise (I had a small piece of birthday cake and the leftovers went home with my sister and parents. Yesterday, Tony and I played some tennis in the morning and did I wholebunch of gardening. Even though I was in a snacking mood last night, I managed to end the day with 2 points (activity points) in the bank. My bil brought their new video camera and did some taping. We watched it after dinner and while it was fun, I was horrified to see how I looked on the tape. I think that helped me keep things in line yesterday and I plan on playing that tape back in my head this week whenever I reach for one snack too many!

Have a great week!
Judy

163.6/157/135 (last week's numbers)
Old 05-07-2001, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Judy - There is nothing like the cold hard dose of reality we get in video shots of ourselves to keep us in line! I'll get my dose in a few weeks when we have Ana's birthday party. Sounds like you had a very busy day on Saturday. Congrats on keeping the food in line and for ending yesterday with 2 points in the bank. My rash, I'm most certain, is from stress. As for the weight training, no, I didn't do it. I wasn't feeling very good on Saturday and yesterday was non-stop busy. If I don't get it in tonight, I'll do it tomorrow morning. I'd like to go for a walk tomorrow morning, though, so I'm really going to try to get it in tonight. I had a nice walk to the train this morning.

I'm posting a maintain this morning. I held my own, which is ok. Now is the time for downward movement though so I'm really going to focus on keeping within points this week. I'm in the throes of PMS and am hoping the monster will stay away. Right now I don't have cravings, I just feel like a huge, water-filled blimp!

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
260/140
Old 05-07-2001, 11:24 AM   #4  
cookies are for browsers

Well, I too am in the throes of PMS. It got me this weekend (avocadoes and crackers - how could I say no) but I did get a LOT of exercise in. I weighed in today at 198. So considering that I'm retaining like a camel right now, I think I am actually losing. Even though I did end up eating what felt like everything in sight, I did count everything. I didn't track it, but I counted the servings. I figure that is a small success (I hope!) I brought my lunch today, counted everything in it plus my breakfast and I have 10 points left for the day, so I should be ok today.

I think I need to weigh in once a month instead of once a week. I gain and lose too much water weight every month. It's the reason I'm doing WW at home instead of going in. So even though I'm one pound down, I am going to make my weigh-in day once a month. Last month was the 30th, I weighed 199.

I don't think I could stay OP without you ladies helping. Thanks.

Jennifa
207/199/170
Old 05-07-2001, 11:51 AM   #5  
Determined Chick!

Default HELP :-Z

Hi group :-) Sorry I missed you all last week -- I posted that one message, and never got online again until today! My SIL had gallbladder surgery, and I took charge of all 3 of our kids :-). Anyway, I never got a chance to post my 1 lb gain last week :-(. Worse, now, is that I promised myself last week to get back on track 100%, and set several May goals, and managed to journal for about 1/2 a day, and then blow off the program alltogether by weeks end. Cookies, ice cream, pizza -- I went crazy. I decided to take a vacation day today, and am trying to get my life in order -- including getting back on track. It helps me so much to log on daily and check in with you guys, and I am going to make a point to do so this week. I am really scared that I'll gain back what I've lost so far, or just not lose any more. Where is that focus I found a month ago?? I have a meeting tomorrow, but I am reluctant to face the music. Sometimes, seeing a high number on the scale doesn't motivate me as much as send me to the fridge to seek solace!

Jennifa -- good work so far! I understand not wanting to check the scale weekly, but I don't know if I could do it! Have you taken measurements? That may show better than the scale your success.

Cece -- I read in shape about a site: GetFit.com. It is supposed to be a free site that allows you to customize and save workouts. That might be a fun way to get motivated into a weight training program :-) I'm going to check it out later today. Good job on maintaining -- keeping up the fight is so important!

Judy -- We seem to be of the same mind about facing the scale at a meeting! Keep up the good work with all that exercise (which I'm convinced is the key to long-term success). Great job holding your own at a family party -- those present huge challenges! Especially if it is at your house :-)

Talk to you later! Holly
Old 05-07-2001, 01:09 PM   #6  

Jennifa - Sorry to hear that your dealing with PMS as well. Sounds like you are losing though. Keep up the good work. As far as weighing in monthly - if that will help you be successful, go for it. I know that there are others posting on these boards that do the same.

Holly - Good to see you again. Sounds like you had a very hectic week last week. I hope your SIL is recovering nicely. Sorry to hear about your gain and to hear of your difficulties with food last week. Focus is going to come and go - I guess the key is to be prepared for that and plan in advance for how we're going to handle it. Now, if I could only make myself do that! As far as gaining back what you've lost or not losing any more: the only way that will happen is if you stop working the program. So keep plugging away, taking baby steps if you need to in order to get back on track, and you'll be back in losing mode.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 05-07-2001, 11:50 PM   #7  

Judy - Way to go getting rid of those leftovers. I know what you mean about those videos. We watched some from several years ago at MIL's on Easter. I couldn't believe how big I was - and I thought I looked good at the time.

Carla - Congrats on the maintain. Good job getting in the walk. Were you able to do the weight training?

Jennifa - Good luck fighting the PMS monster. I think if weighing in once a month would help you, then go for it. I'm sure it can be really frustrating when you retain a lot of water.

Holly - Hope your SIL is doing better. I agree that I do much better when I get on here every day. (I missed all last week too.) This week we will get back in control.

I'm finally back. I started having back spasms last week Sunday and could barely get around. I made it to work, but that's about it. I was finally able to start walking again this weekend, but am going to hold off on the weight training for a while yet. I have no idea how I did last week, but I know it wasn't good. The battery on my scale went out Monday so I didn't weigh in. I know I didn't follow program at all and it showed this morning. I am determined to get back OP. My vacation is in two months and I WILL be down by then. I hate that my summer clothes don't fit as good as last year.

Well, Sara wants the computer back. Only three more weeks of school.
Talk to you later.
Pat
(178/144/135)
Old 05-08-2001, 08:30 AM   #8  
Determined Chick!

Good Morning! I had great intentions yesterday, and lost it after 10 P.M. last night :-(. I think it was "happy eating," as my husband came back from a 4 day trip ;-) Oh well -- move on. I WILL NOT sabotage the good work I have done do far. I WILL get to goal, and I want to be there by Fall. I also have a chance to be thinner than I've been in over 5 yrs by my vacation in Aug!

Cece - thanks for the vote of confidence! I will keep working the program, because I've proved to myself that it does work!

Pepper -- I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I must have missed your post about getting hurt -- what happened? Control is ours!!

Have a great OP day guys! Holly
Old 05-08-2001, 09:42 AM   #9  

Carla - Congratulations on the maintain - holding your own is always a victory especially under such stress. Good for you for walking to the train yesterday. Kick that PMS monster out of the house - he's history!

Jennifa - Sorry to hear about the PMS. Yes, I think that tracking what you ate is a good first step. You have to be aware of what you're eating before you can adjust it! I think it's a good idea for you to officially weigh once a month if the water fluctuations make it hard for you to focus.

Holly - congratulations on the pound from last week. It's understandable that under all the stress you'd go off program but the key is getting right back on track. Forget about yesterday and go forward. I couldn't agree more with Carla - that's why I'm still hanging out here! I hope your SIL is doing well. I will definitely be going to my meeting on Saturday no matter what the sneak peeks are!

Pat - I hope your back is feeling better! Be careful and take it easy. Yup, those videos can be awful but really motivating. We will both be down before our vacations!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I earned lots of activity points and I managed to keep my snacking reasonable so I have 4 points in the bank. Dinner and snacks were pretty high in salt so I have to get lots of water in this morning. I'll be uptown for the whole afternoon which will make it harder to get water in. Tonight will probably be a rest day from exercise as I may get home late but I'll probably have a little walk to the RR station from the uptown offices so that should help. I am determined to have a good weigh in on Saturday - TOM is gone and I'm going to keep thinking about the video!

Judy
Old 05-08-2001, 01:32 PM   #10  

Hi everyone -

Pat - Good to hear from you. I missed you. I'm sorry to hear that you hurt your back. I hope you're 100% better now. Keep that determination I "hear" in your post and I know you'll be down by your vacation.

Holly - Yep, forget about last night and just move on. Sounds like several of us have vacation goals to work towards.

Judy - Good job earning activity points and putting 4 points in the bank. I hope you're able to get your water in.

Well, I have one OP day under my belt and am mid-way through a second one. I did weight lifting this morning so I'm 2 for 2 on the exercise front. I plan on getting up early and going for a walk tomorrow. I'm looking forward to walking outside again.

Carla
Old 05-08-2001, 11:31 PM   #11  

Holly - Sounds like you have the right idea...forget about the slip and move on. We WILL be thinner by vacation. I don't really know what happened with my back. My low back was bothering me for a day or two, but nothing serious. Then I went to pick up something from the floor and couldn't straighten up. Glad to say today was my best since it happened.

Judy - Way to go getting some points in the bank. I will definitely take it easy. Darrell is having surgery next week and both girls graduate the end of the month so I don't have time for a relapse.

Carla - Way to go staying OP and getting in your exercise. Doesn't it feel good to be able to walk outside again. I know I'm looking forward to taking my walks again.

I had a good day OP. On top of the back problems last week I also broke a tooth so I had to go to the dentist this afternoon. Then I had to take my sister to her doctor (she had foot surgery last week) so I spent all afternoon in doctors offices. At least that kept me from snacking. I also took a walk tonight and was able to pick up the speed.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 05-09-2001, 09:59 AM   #12  

Carla - Great going on day #2 OP. Way to go girl on the exercise front! I did weight lifting last night - tell me, did you feel great doing it? It might sound a little silly, but I feel "powerful" when I do strength work!

Pat - Sorry to hear about all the time you have had to spend in doctor's offices. LOL about it keeping you from snacking.

I did OK yesterday - I did a little upper body strength work yesterday, being careful of my shoulder. We ate dinner on the late side (Tony was late) and I think it helped me from snacking too much. I'm not saying I didn't snack but it was controlled - I don't know why. Maybe eating dinner later helps. In any case, I managed to save ½ food point and earn another activity point. I hope to build up 10 points in the bank to use on Saturday when we are going out to dinner with my parents. I have a late meeting today so I will probably take today as a rest day from exercise. I have plans to go out to lunch for sushi today (I'll have to guzzle water afterwards!) so we are having a low point dinner tonight.

Judy
Old 05-09-2001, 10:51 AM   #13  

Hi everyone -

Pat - A whole afternoon in doctors' offices would probably drive me to the nearest vending machine! Congrats on a good OP day. Sounds like you have a busy month this month. I hope all goes well with Darrell's surgery.

Judy - Yes, I do feel great lifting weights. I know exactly what you mean about feeling powerful. I'm actually looking forward to weight work tomorrow. I would have done it today, but I know you're supposed to rest a day.
Good for you for controlling your snacking. I seem to remember a couple of weeks ago you mentioned that you ate dinner later and had an easier time controlling your snacking. I wonder if there's something to a later dinner?

Well, my day yesterday didn't end OP. I was exhausted (little sleep the night before), stressed, and crampy - a lethal combination. But, I didn't go hog wild at least. I was bummed that I couldn't get my walk in this morning. Both my ankle and knee - on the same leg - were bothering me. It was even a bit of a struggle walking from the train station to my office this morning. I put my brace on when I got to work and it's helping a lot. Tomorrow is weight day, but if I can get a walk in as well, I'll do it.

Carla
Old 05-10-2001, 12:47 AM   #14  

Judy - Hope you got in that water. Good job getting more points in the bank and controlling your snacking. Sometimes I think I would do better if I ate dinner a little later. I stay up late so usually its been 5 or 6 hours since dinner. I always have a snack planned, but some nights it just isn't enough.

Carla - Sorry your ankle and knee are giving you trouble again. Fortunately there weren't any vending machines around the doctors' offices.

I had a good day foodwise. Sara received an award at school tonight, so I didn't get in my walk, but I did pass up the cookies, etc. at the reception.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 05-10-2001, 09:28 AM   #15  

Carla – I’m sorry to hear you had a rough time on Tuesday night. I find that lack of sleep is as bad as stress in making it hard to stay OP. I know with a little one it’s hard to control how much sleep you get – I don’t have that excuse but I’m working on trying to get 7 hours a night. I hope your leg (ankle and knee) are feeling better today. I’m so glad you feel like I do when you lift weights. Yes, you are supposed to have a day of rest after you work a muscle group. You know, I think having a late dinner does help the snacking but when we eat late I feel like there isn’t any “evening” left. I’ll talk to Tony – maybe we’ll experiment a little.

Pat – Congratulations to Sara and to you too for passing up the sweets at the reception! Wow, you are up late, aren’t you? I’m trying to get to bed a little earlier (didn’t manage to do it last night though) – I wonder how it would work if I go to bed 2-3 hours after dinner? Something to experiment with, right? Yup, I got the water in - I felt like a was floating away at times but the sneak peak at the scale this morning was OK and my rings aren't tight.

I had an OK day yesterday. I had a late meeting and had planned for yesterday to be a rest day. I didn’t have a lot of points left after lunch (which I had planned for) and after dinner, I snacked a little bit but that little bit was enough to eat some of my points in the bank. I ended the day with a point still in the bank so that’s pretty good. I went for a 30 minute run/walk this morning which put the points back in the bank. I still want to have 10 for Saturday night’s dinner out.

Judy
Closed Thread