Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 08:34 PM   #16  

Liza – I’m sorry to hear that you have the chills. I hope you and your husband are feeling better. I know what you mean about planning. I don’t usually plan snacks but you can bet we have a dinner menu plan! Great idea to bring snacks in pre-figured out point portions. I’m so glad to hear the yoga is working for you. That’s my planned “workout” for today.

Pat – Wow – a great grandfather’s birthday – that’s something! Have you thought about bringing a low point dessert that you and others have tried? Way to go on having a good OP day and doing the yoga tape. Stress is definitely a factor in my snacking and it also can be harmful to our health in a number of ways. I’m looking forward to doing a longer yoga tape after work – I could use it after this week! Good luck this weekend – do you have any points in the bank?

Holly – Way to go on being totally OP since Wed! Keep that strong mental picture in your mind – I’m sure you’ll do fine. Take some low point snacks with you – you’re right – YOU WILL DO FINE! I haven’t been doing yoga regularly for a long time but I am really enjoying it now. I have a number of tapes and sometimes I just do a part of a tape. Yoga is also very good for strength – some of the poses take real strength as well as balance.

I had a good day yesterday. I did a whopper 60 minutes of a circuit workout (aerobic sections and strength sections alternated) and earned a whole mess of activity points. I had a good day food-wise although I did dip into 2 of the activity points – my parents were out until quite late and I was worried about them with the lousy weather we had. Of course the snacks didn’t make them come home any sooner, but I had the points to eat. I recognized at the time that it was emotional eating but it didn’t stop me! Today I’ll do a yoga workout – my knees need a rest and I could use it to get rid of the stress of the week. I am determined to see a good result tomorrow morning so it’s going to be an OP day!

Have a great Friday and a great OP weekend if I don’t get back on,
Judy
Old 02-23-2001, 10:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

I missed you guys yesterday. I was at home and spent the morning trying to do some reconfiguring on my PC so that I can dial into the new e-mail server at work. Never happened. I suspect the munchkin put something in the CDROM drive that doesn't belong there. Had a grueling dentist appointment at noon and after that was over, I decided to take a nap.

Judy - I can't believe how similar our work situations are. I too am very busy with the integration work while my own future is a bit uncertain. I know what my options are for my current company, I'm just not thrilled with them. Oh well, we'll get through it all. Sounds like you're doing a great job not letting it sabotage your eating. I'm betting your sneak peeks will be reality at the scale tomorrow!

Holly - Yay for you for avoiding that chocolate cake the other day and for stringing together several OP days. Sounds like you've been able to turn things around. I'm sending positive vibes to you for this weekend at your SIL's house. As Liza says, plan for it and you'll be fine.

Pat - Hope your stress goes away soon too! Good for you for losing what you gained the other week. Wow - a bithday party for a great-grandfather! Good luck at your SIL's house. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Liza - I hope you're feeling better soon. Good decision to just stay home. I admire your planning - I know it's key to staying OP. I always do better when I plan my eating, although for me it's usually a day rather than a week.

Have a great day everyone and a great weekend!

Carla
Old 02-25-2001, 08:25 PM   #18  
Determined Chick!

Hi group! I'm thinking nobody will see this post as it is Sun AM, and a new thread starts tomorrow...hmmm

Anyway - thanks for all the great ideas on handling the weekend, and being at someone elses house. I am happily reporting that I am still 100 percent on program -- something I have *never* (no joke) been able to do for this long. I sincerely hope the "click" has happened, and I can't wait for Tues night weigh in!!

As per your suggestions, I packed up a grocery bag with food I knew would easily work with the program -- including egg beaters, lite cheese, and lite bread for the next mornings bfast. It all came in very handy, and it really wasn't that much trouble to toss some stuff in a bag "just in case."
My sis in law was great and made us a low fat stir fry, and the guys and kids pork chops. She also had an electronic scale (which I LOVED), and we double checked ckn weight, etc.. and figured pts for the meal. The best part is that I had banked enough pts to have one of those sundae ice cream cones with the choco and nuts on Sat night (7 pt item). Oh, and we also did drive through lunch one day, and I pulled out the dining out guide and chose a decent pt. item. As it turned out, forgetting the fries was a good choice as it allowed me the ice cream later that night.

I just had to let you guys know how helpful you have been, and how I rely on this thread to get me through this challenge. I've actually been getting up a 1/2 hr early so I can check in before work!

Thanks (((((((group))))))) Holly
Closed Thread