Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 10:10 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 7/19 - 7/25

Be back in a bit (observing summer school right now)
Old 07-19-2004, 10:19 AM   #2  

Well I'm reporting yet another maintain. I'm disappointed for sure but at the same time it's not as if I've been suffering this past week and I did have a couple of instances of too many peanuts (we didn't buy any more this week). Still no evidence of TOM so I'm sure that has something to do with it. My chest feels huge and my rings are tight. I've not had more than 2 servings of fruit a day and while I had a small yam with dinner one night and a small (side dish) portion of whole wheat pasta another night, I really haven't overdone it anywhere. On days where I had cereal (high fiber) in the morning I haven't had other bread/pasta kinds of things. Sigh.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do this week. I think I'd like to try to continue as I've been, being careful about the extras (like the peanut snacks) and the olive oil (which I was careful about this week) and not count points for another week. If I *still* don't lose anythng this week, I think I'll try going back to counting points but keeping the veggies and protein up and the cards on the lower side (since it really does help with cravings).

Karen - have you ever posted on the SBD threads here? I wonder if anyone has experienced what I'm experiencing now.

I didn't do any exercise on Saturday (boy was I sore from Friday's yoga class) but I did a walk/run on the treadmill yesterday for 4 minutes and worked up a nice sweat. Maybe I need to try to get back to my previous level of exercise to get that darn scale moving!

Have a great one,
Judy
163.6/151/135
130/240 workouts
Old 07-19-2004, 01:42 PM   #3  
Canadian, eh?

Judy - sounds like you're doing your camel-woman imitation. I know you'll have a loss as soon as you drop some water weight. So you were sore from all that yoga. Sounds as though it must have been challenging! I haven't posted on the SBD board, but I've perused...I'm sure you're just hanging on to water and then you'll be losing again.

Carla - I haven't read the end of last week yet, but hope you had a good weekend.

I ended up munching a lot yesterday...mostly due to the fact that there wasn't much OP food in the house, and I let myself get "too busy" to do my shopping list and week's food plan. I had a to die for sneak peak yesterday morning, but a shoot me now sneak peak today. I'd better get going with the water for sure.

Have a good day!!

Karen
Old 07-20-2004, 01:07 PM   #4  
Canadian, eh?

Ack! A full fledged binge last night. Back to Phase 1 for a week, I think.

Karen
Old 07-20-2004, 03:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - You're holding steady, and that's not a bad thing. I think in your case it has to be water retention and as soon as your body lets go of that water, you're going to see a nice loss. Sounds like in terms of what you're eating, SBD is working just fine for you. Perhaps you'll find that you'll want to use points to set some boundries, maybe for awhile, or maybe you'll find you don't really need that. You'll find what works best for you. Sounds like you did fabulously at the restaurant last week and like you had a great time doing the yoga. Good for you!

Karen - Sorry to hear about the munching and binging. Sadly, I'm right there with you. My sneak peek makes me want to cry. I'm so angry with myself.

As well as I did at dinner on Friday, it didn't keep me from blowing it big time on Saturday. My cousins had a cookout for all of us and I don't even want to think about what I ate. And of course, that just set me in that pattern for the past couple of days. My stomach literally ached from eating more, and more crap, than it's used to. I'm having a saner day, more or less, today. Tomorrow, it's an official weigh-in for sure, as much as it might kill me, and back on track. We're meeting my sister and nephews in the city. While it will mean eating out, and the dangers that that entails, it will also mean a lot of walking. I'm going to try to stick to a salad for lunch. If I know my sister, she'll want deep dish pizza for dinner, which, surprisingly, I find more do-able than a lot of other things. So, if you don't hear from me tomorrow, that's where I'll be. And now, I must get back to the insanity that is my day. I'm watching two neighbor girls and the three of them (the neighbors and Ana) have been bickering and acting crazy all day. If I had any drink, they'd drive me to it. Come to think of it, I do have some nice rum and some diet vanilla Coke. Would it be wrong?

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 07-20-2004, 05:21 PM   #6  

OK girls, I just want to tell both of you that I hope you will not remain angry at yourselves (if you are) because

a) it can end up with you sliding down that slipping slope of "oh, I'm so bad, what the heck, I'll just have [feel in the blank] and

b) it doesn't change what you ate - it's over and done with.

So here are some {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} for both of you.

So, Karen - If you think that you've been getting cravings (that could have started the binge?) then it sounds like Phase I for a week could be a good idea.

Carla - aw shoot, I'm sorry about the last few days but leave them where they are, in the past. I'm glad that you have had a saner day today. Do you know what triggered the food fest at the cousins' cookout? LOL about rum and diet vanilla Coke. I hope all the girls calm down or at least conk out (sp??)

I've had a good day so far (but then during the day has never been my problem). I got a ton of school work done after class this morning and I should (fingers crossed) be in fairly good shape to finish the semester's this weekend without too much of a crunch. A lot depends on how much my group in math accomplishes. Anyway, I have a small observation paper to write after dinner (and I want to do a little yoga before dinner) and then I'm giving myself the night off. Still so sigh of TOM (sigh)

Have a great (and sane) evening,
Judy
Old 07-21-2004, 09:59 PM   #7  

Sure is quiet around here.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I didn't have a single snack until late and then didn't do badly. Of course, I could have had no snack - nah! I did manage to do a yoga workout yesterday and an upper body strenth workout today so that's good. Pretty good day today foodwise which is good because it's been a busy day school-wise. I'm coming into the home stretch school-wise which is a nice feeling. Once I get home from class tomorrow (late morning) I'm going to crunch out as much as I can. I'll still have some work to do over the weekend but it shouldn't be too bad.

I hope you are both OK and have climbed back on the wagon!
Have a great evening,
Judy
Old 07-22-2004, 05:48 PM   #8  

Hi all.

Judy - Thanks for the hugs! You're a sweetie. Sounds like you're in really good shape, school-wise. Good for you for being so up on things! And it sounds like you're on top of things, food-wise too!!

We spent yesterday in the city with my sister. We went to the Museum of Science and Industry and then to Chinatown. Of course, the trip to Chinatown meant - you guessed it - Chinese food for dinner. Sigh. Thank goodness I did a lot of walking during the day. Well, it's all journaled and I'm having a sane day today, so it's all good. What wasn't good was my weigh-in yesterday morning - up 5 pounds from two weeks ago. I swear it comes on faster lately, and, of course, leaves much more slowly. How many times can someone hit 10%? I'm on course to find out. And now - off to guzzle more water and referree two six year olds. Why do I have to have the popular house? That diet vanilla coke and rum might yet become a reality...

Have a good one.

Carla
Old 07-22-2004, 11:13 PM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All

Thanks for the good thoughts. More or less back on track now. Of course I had to forget to take my lunch today and ended up having a sub and doughnut for lunch

Carla - sorry about your gain. I took a page out of your book from last week and decided not to weigh in at all this week. Thank your lucky stars you have the popular house and encourage it...when she's older you'll be the only parent in the neighbourhood who knows where her daughter is and what she's up to!

Judy - good for you for doing the productive thing at school! And way to go staying on track foodwise.

It's been hotter than **** here today; luckily it's starting to cool down and I've been out watering the garden for a couple of hours. Off to take a cool bath and to give my toenails a coat of bright pink polish.

Let's all pledge to have an OP Friday!

Karen
Old 07-23-2004, 07:11 PM   #10  

Ladies - a quick post to say that I'm glad to hear from you both. I will get back here tomorrow. We got back a little while ago from having dinner with Krista and Anthony. We were at the pool with the squirt for most of the afternoon even with the rain. The Yankees are playing the hated Dred Socks now though so I will post more tomorrow.

Have a great Friday evening,
Judy
Old 07-24-2004, 01:42 PM   #11  

Hi all.

Karen - Believe me, I do encourage her to have her friends here, as much as they work my last nerve sometimes, especially since I know that they aren't always particularly well-supervised at their house. You must have had the same heat wave we did. Thank goodness it ended yesterday and it's downright cool today - just the way I like it!

Judy - Although as a Cubs fan I feel a natural affinity for the Red Sox, for your sake, I hope the Yanks won last night. An afternoon at the pool sounds fun. As much as I enjoy the cool weather, I'm hoping that tomorrow it's warm enough to go the pool.

I wish I could say that I had an OP day yesterday, but it wouldn't be the truth. It was my sister's last night in town, so we went to my mom's for dinner. Lisa made risotto, my all-time favorite. Since it's my mom's birthday on Monday, I brought in a birthday cake - buttercream, thank you very much. Fortunately, except for a couple of pieces, the remainder of the cake is safely in my mom's freezer. On the bright side, I had a hair appointment today and made the trip into town and back on foot. We don't have any particular plans for the weekend, which is good since the last couple of weekends have been so busy. I'm busy retaining water, since it's PMS time and feel like a water balloon that's about to explode. And now off to clean up the house and possibly go out for a drive and maybe, who knows, another walk.

Have a good one.

Carla
Closed Thread