Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 09:06 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 3/29 - 4/4

Carla - thanks for the b-day wishes.

Just a quick start. I had a lovely weekend - lots of fun with my cousins in CT, lots of school work done, a lovely dinner yesterday with Tony. I didn't go nuts but I really didn't count points either. My sneak peek this morning was pretty awful but my rings are really tight so I plan on guzzling water all week long. I did not make it to my meeting on Saturday - we left the house at 9:00 and I took the extra 1/2 hour sleep. I'm feeling better than I have in a while - my glands are about 95% better and my ear feels fine. I have some congestion so I sound like a bass but otherwise I'm on the mend. I hope I can get some exercise in later in the week but I'm not pushing it.

Have a great Monday!
Judy
Old 03-29-2004, 09:53 AM   #2  

Judy - Great news that you are feeling better! Ear aches can be horrible!

Now, I have great news. I did my first official WI yesterday morning and had lost 3.5! Yippee! That's fun stuff.

Melanie
230.5/227/150
Old 03-29-2004, 12:26 PM   #3  

Congrats on your loss. I've started today and couldn't believe what the scale said. . . . 217.5. This is the heaviest I've ever been. Oh well, gotta deal with it, right? This time, I'm gonna do it!!
Old 03-29-2004, 03:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better and that you had such a nice weekend. I'm sure you're sneak peek is due to water retention. So don't fret - it will be gone by Saturday.

Melanie - Congrats on a terrific loss! What a great start!

Angela - Welcome. I read your post on the other thread. Congrats for taking the first step. You're right - you just gotta deal with what the scale says. You will do it this time! And we'll give you all the help and support you need. I have a vacation coming up in November too - Mexico over Thanksgiving - and want to lose a chunk by then. We can work on that goal together.

I had a great Saturday, program-wise, and then it all fell apart on Sunday. I just couldn't get filled up. I'm sure it wasn't hunger, but stress or whatever. I'm not quite sure what I was reacting to. Well, at least I got in one good day over the weekend. That's 50% better than I have been doing.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 03-29-2004, 05:46 PM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All,

Have to be very brief - we have a gastrointestinal outbreak at work, and I'm absolutely swamped.

Judy, belated Happy Birthday to you! Hope you continue to feel better & better!

Carla - sounds like you're doing great!

Melanie - great loss! Congratulations!

Angela - Welcome! Hope you'll stick with us.

I had a NOP w/e...things are looking okay so far today. I don't theink I'll get here much this week, but will be cheering for all of you for an OP week.

Karen
Old 03-30-2004, 09:02 AM   #6  

Melanie - congratulations on that loss and a great start!

Angela - Welcome! I hope you'll stick with us. You are right - we have to deal with where we are so we can get to where we want to be!

Carla - I like you're looking at the bright side of the weekend. Are we on the same "schedule" or could Sunday have been the PMS monster knocking at the door?

Karen - gastrointenstinal outbreak? Sounds like our school - there's been a nasty bug making the rounds. Try not to let the stress of work get to you. I'll be cheering for you this week!

I had a good day yesterday program wise. I was busy with school work and while I did snack it was controlled. The sneak peek today was much better than yesterday. The 3rd grade teachers met for breakfast this morning - lots of fun and I had an egg white omelet so the day has started off right! The not-so-good news is that I'm feeling a little worse - my glands are feeling a bit touchy this morning. Tony is going to try to make a doctor's appt (my regular doctor not the store-front docs I've gone to - they said if I don't feel bet ter I have to go to my regular doc) for tomorrow - if I feel worse I may have to take the day off work. Soooooo, still no exercise and I have class tonight. I'm determined that I will *not* slip into "poor me" eating.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-30-2004, 11:24 AM   #7  

Hi all.

Karen - I'm thinking you're having a week that is just no fun. Hang in there.

Judy - Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling as well today. I think a trip to your regular doc is in order. I hope he can get you as good as new soon. Hmmm, I don't think Sunday was the PMS monster as I was smack dab mid-cycle, which in and of itself may explain it. That also seems to be a hard time for me these days. Darn hormones.

I had a good day yesterday and even ended up below target. And this morning I got up early and got on the bike, so today is shaping up to be a good day as well. I have lunch out with a friend today, but I have myself psyched up for a salad, so I should be fine. So I'm hoping for a good weigh-in on Wednesday, despite Sunday's excesses.

Have a good day.

Carla
Old 03-31-2004, 11:34 AM   #8  

Hi all.

Just a quick post to say that I took those 2.2 pounds right back off. Now to keep that scale moving in a downward direction. I want to get out of the 250s! I got this week off to a good start by getting up early and getting on the bike. Getting back in the exercise groove is going to be key to keeping the scale moving in the right direction.

Have a great day

Carla
279.6/253.4/145
30/208 workouts
Old 03-31-2004, 02:59 PM   #9  

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting on this thread. I started doing WW at home on my own on Jan. 12th and have lost 24 lbs. so far. I lost 3 lbs. this week. YIPPEE!

Dawn
Old 03-31-2004, 05:55 PM   #10  

Karen - thanks for the support. I hope thinks are easing up at work.
Judy - good work on your breakfast outing. I fixed scrabbled eggs Sunday morning with 2 eggs & 3 egg whites. DH loved them, but I feel strange dumping the yolks. I guess better in the trash that on my a$$. - Hope the doc gets you fixed up. You seem to have been fighting this think for a while now.
Carla- good work on the exercise and great loss. I know I need to get started, but I just don't find the time. Me & new hubby are still trying to get our routines down. Thanks for the inspiration. We will just have to make time.
Dawn - Welcome. I just started back on here about a week ago. I really like checking in with everyone.

Later,
Melanie
Old 04-01-2004, 01:56 PM   #11  

Hi everyone.

Dawn - Welcome and congratulations on your terrific success!

Melanie - Believe me, it took a long time, and firm orders from my doctor, to wrap my mind around exercising regularly. And if I get sidelined like I recently did with my back and then a cold, I really have to struggle to get back on track. I certainly understand how difficult it is to add exercise into the mix while your building your new life with your husband. On the other hand, now might be just the right time to make exercise one of those new routines, before all the others get set in stone. Maybe you two can find something fun to do together, like after dinner walks.

Jessica - Hope you're fully recovered from your surgery.

Judy - I hope you're feeling better.

Karen - And I hope you're able to catch your breath at work.

Speaking of exercise, I did my third day in a row of 30 minutes on the bike, so I think I'm finally back in the habit. For some reason today I never went into that zone of bliss that usually hits while I'm on the bike. I hated every one of those minutes that I was on the bike. On the other hand, just as always once I was finished, I was glad I did it. I had a good day yesterday program-wise and have a good day planned today. And the sun is shining. So it's all good.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-01-2004, 05:50 PM   #12  

Carla - Way to go on getting those pounds back off! I am going to try to follow your example and try to do the same on Saturday. Your sunniness just shines through your last post - and thank you for it. It's been rainy and grey here for days and the whole sickness think has been getting me down. I sympathize about those darn hormones. They can really wreak havoc in so many ways! Good for you for getting back in the exercise groove. I'm keeping my promise to myself not to try a workout until I'm better but I have to admit, even this drill sargeant is getting worried about getting back into the habit!

Dawn - welcome! You've really been doing great. Keep up the great work!

Melanie - it's funny - the one thing I don't feel funny about throwing away is the egg yolks - maybe because I've been watching my cholesterol for so long. Yes, I have been fighting this bug for a long time and I am quite sick of it (no pun intended). At least it seems to be heading out the door - finally!

I've had a very so-so week - I only have 1.5 FP's left through Friday - not what my plan for the week called for. The big challenge will be tonight when I get home from my late class. I don't know why, but I tend to snack big time. Maybe it's because it's the last of the week. In any case, my plan for tonight is going to be to chew gum! I've gotten out of the habit (started when I stopped smoking) since I started working at school but it might be a good strategy for the evening snackies. No exercise until I feel well again - that's been a drag too but it's gone on so long that I'm a little nervous about getting back into the habit! I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me stuff for my symptoms; he felt the 2 rounds of antibiotics had taken care of the bug. I do feel a bit better today but the decongestant kept me up last night so I've decided to take it only during the day. Still, I'm beginning to feel like there is hope I'll be able to get back to my workouts next week(slowly).

One more day until spring break! Even though I have a ton of school work, I can't wait - we don't have to be back until 4/14.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #13  

Hi all.

Judy - I'm so glad to hear that you're starting to feel better. Yikes, grey and rainy weather on top of being sick would bring anyone down. I wish I could bottle the sunshine and send it to you. If it's any consolation, it's not warm here - only in the 40s. Hey, don't worry about the exercise. If you find that it's hard getting back into the habit (and I just cannot imagine that happening), we'll do a role reversal and I'll be your drill sargeant. How did you do after your class last night? We're you able to curb the snacking? You know that's a tough one for me too. Yay for spring break. I think it will be good for your recovery to have some time off.

I had a good day yesterday. Did some snacking, but mostly used regular and activity points for that and only a couple of flex points. I still have quite a few FPs in my pocket for the weekend and plan on not using any tonight. I got up early and got my workout in, so I'll have a couple of activity points if I need them. I'm finding that, as much as I don't enjoy getting up early, that doing early morning workouts is really working well for me, even though I'm home all day. When I work out mid-morning, it takes a chunk of time to get through the workout and then take my shower, which breaks into my chore and errand time. So I'm going to try to stick with getting up early. No huge challenges this weekend. The local V.F.W. has their sloppy joe dinner on Saturday. We have tickets 'cause I'm a softie for those senior citizen vets standing in front of the grocery store selling the tickets. Could be my dad if he were alive. At any rate, I'll just try to eat low points during the day and use some flex points if I need to. Sunday we'll probably go out to eat after church, but I'll work around that too. I may try to get another workout this weekend too.

Have a terrific day and a great weekend.

Carla
Old 04-02-2004, 10:02 PM   #14  

Default may I join in?

I started WW on my own Feb. 23rd. I started losing weight Jan 19th. I lost 7.5lbs before starting WW and I have lost a total of 19lbs as of this morning. I weighed in at 158.5! I really like weight watchers!
Old 04-04-2004, 10:43 PM   #15  

I lost 4 pounds in my first week (though I did think I'd hit a snag when I discovered how few points a single serving of Pringles are...).

Start: 167
Current: 163
10% Goal: 150
Goal: 117-120
Closed Thread