Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2001, 08:14 PM   #1  
snerdlet

Since I started the next page I thought I would start a new thread.
Pat

Old 03-20-2001, 08:47 PM   #2  

So you guys are looking forward to summer with the start of spring? well we are at the beginning of Autumn and while the cooler weather is Ok I hate Winter yuck, yuck ,yuck ,I dont want to go there.

Ive been really really good the past 24 hrs dont laugh its a start
Old 03-21-2001, 07:10 AM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning ! ! !

Pat~~~ I love the safety pin story. I'll bet that made you feel good to see the results of your hard work

[Bee~~~[/b]I'm not laughing one bit. It is a start~take one day at a time. You can do it.

~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 03-21-2001 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-21-2001, 09:45 AM   #4  

Bee 125 - enough 24 hours make a week on program and with 4 weeks you get a month and with enough months you get to goal. So 24 hours is a very good place to start and is the only place to start I think..

My office mates are dropping like flies, about half have called in sick, the component head is at his son's school play and the people here are not in great shape either. I am one of the healthy ones with a sore throat.

Tomorrow is a potluck at work, I am bringing salad, and plan to dress it up enough so that it is my meal. I am bringing black beans in vinegrette, and some tuna packed in water, so I can really be on proram and avoid the meatballs I see on the list of food.

Spring has sprung here, we are going to get a rainy three days but it is not three days of snow and the rain should wsh away the snow and dirt still hanging around.

Well, I am feeling in a pretty happy mood, have a great day everyone, sending positive program vibes to all.

Liza 195/192/140
Old 03-21-2001, 04:33 PM   #5  

Default D#@!* Internet

Hi guys, I'm back and I've missed you. Couldn't get on the internet for several days. Thanks for all the congratulatiuons. They really made me smile.

Pat Good for you pinning those pants up. You must be doing something right. I would say a whole lot of things!

Bee if you have the 24 hours down than you have the program under wraps. You can only do 24hrs at a time. Sounds like you are doing well.

Talk to you soon,
Take Care,
Sharon

Last edited by shashe; 03-22-2001 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2001, 04:48 PM   #6  

So true what you say about the 24 hrs LISA and SHARON and Ill have to remember.
Ive always been one to be looking at the finish line months down the road and it can all get to be too overwhelming and depressing.
Time does fly by and if Ican do just one day at a time I may just suprise myself.

Hope your potluck goes well LISA although with lots of people sick I hpoe its still fun.

WE have a gougeous Autumn day here In NZ so our weather maybe similar today
Old 03-21-2001, 08:51 PM   #7  

Default Hi

Hi everyone! How are all of you? I've had a busy few days, didn't even get here. Tues. we had our Sr. luncheon at church. We left home at 9:45 A.M. and didn't get back home till almost 3 P.M. Then had a messge on my answering machine, my new glasses were ready, so naturally had to go to get them. I'll have to go back for an adjustment, have a sore spot behind my right ear.

Welocme to Lady Bug, and Jenny! This is a great place for support.

Sashe, congratulations, on your loss. A bit late I know, but........

Hi to everyone else. Gotta run, want to sit and knit for a while tonight.

TTFN
Old 03-22-2001, 08:31 AM   #8  

GOODMORNING ALL.......

Weather here in NYC is horrible, rain/wind and more rain....two days of it....they call it a noreaster, well not sure what it is, but last night the wind was strong here and now sitting with my coffee, the ' rains are a pourin'.

Well nothing new here and just as happy about that.
Income tax season is here, are you prepared you ask,
of course not lol....well if I don't soon not only will my DH be annoyed so will the IRS...lol....it's like Christmas, it comes the same time every year, but are we prepared, of course not....so will and better gather all the papers needed to get started....I'm what they call 'semi-prepared' lol, does that count for anything????????? NOT!

Made a pot of soup yesterday, a recipe my mom gave me...was delicious...will post I think for you all, don't really have a breakdown on pts...but would count 1 pt. per cup. It really was good.

Spring has sprung...lol...think the spring was wound too tight lol.....hang in there, somewhere out there the sun is shinning.

MAKE IT A GOOD DAY!!!

Carla
Old 03-23-2001, 06:33 AM   #9  

Carla, very funny about tax time. I am the organizer in this family and we go to an accountant, who charges us next to nothing, a great job too. DH left the room with the potty training two year old and when he got back I was done and we were ready to leave. It gets quicker every year. This year we are painting the house with the return.

The rain was miserable yesterday and really put people in a foul mood.

We had the office potluck, a great success, of course, it did not include everyone, so the sourpusses did not have an opportunity to complain. A very upbeat subgroup I am hooked into.

Big birthday blast this weekend. Save lots of points for that, but seriously, I am going to really practice moderation. I just have to stay away from my mom who likes to cook for her family.

Ellie, am starting a new baby sweater this afternoon, it is a light purple color as we do not know if it is a boy or girl. I can not do that green color, too much for me.

Well, the 2 pound loss is still with me, so I am feeling somewhat empowered. I am thinking about returning to the meetings, I hate to give up an evening, but I may have to in order to make any headway.

Liza 195/192/140
Old 03-23-2001, 07:30 AM   #10  

Good Morning All,

OK so I lost 6#s and finally got to the point where I wasn't losing the same pounds over and over again. Then for the last two days I've eaten everything in sight.

I'm working on renewing the lease at the school and dealing with a number of crazy people on both sides. I think I've been nervous and that's when I eat.

I am working onthe Dr. Phil program to stop my emotional eating. Yesterday I kept telling myself it was emotional eating but I wanted those cookies more than I wanted to feel miserable. Ok that just gave me a lightbulb moment. Of course I would, anyone would rather have cookies than feel miserable but I need to feel miserable and get over it without food. Of course I feel miserable later after I eat. So I can feel miserable once or twice. It's up to me.

Talk to everyone later. Have to go do a Pokemon puzzle with my daughter.
Old 03-23-2001, 02:04 PM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Liza, Did I miss something? Are you pregnant?
Old 03-23-2001, 07:16 PM   #12  

No, I am not pregnant, just surrounded by many who are. I bought some cute cotton yarn for another baby sweater, it is a verigated and I am dying to start it up.

I would love to have another baby, but not at this weight and not another full time daycare bill.

Got an estimate on getting the house painted, he says he can make it definiate once I pick colors, but so far it is between 4 and 5,000. Which sounds really high for a 2 story house which is not very big. I am going to get some more estimates. Would love to get this done this summer.

Program wise, doing well, but I think I am going to start going to meetings in person. This is working well, but I need some more contact and grounding. There is a great, but crowded, Monday evening meeting which should have cleared out from the New Year's rush and the summer rush won't have started yet. I'll keep posting here though, this is a great group.

My goal for next week is to get back onto the ski machine. The sore throat/head cold is gone and with it the excuses. I want to work out 4 times at 40 minutes minimum. Already have taped some mystery shows to watch. I really love the mindlessness of it all, and if TNT would do a miniseries, I would be right on track. I'll look them up on the WWW and see what they have planned.

Shashe, so happy to hear you are onto new pounds. I am a little envious as well. Emotional eating is very complex and maybe you can replace the food with some sort of activity, like the puzzles. Good Luck.

Liza 195/192/140
Old 03-23-2001, 08:40 PM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Evening!

Liza~~~ Thanks for clearing that up. I come here several times a day and I couldn't figure out how I could have missed something as big as that!

I had a wonderful day today. Stayed OP but could have had more water. The temp was 71 degrees today and I spent all day outside. I washed my car, egded my front yard and my neighbors (she did it for me when I couldn't because of my neck) and mowed the back yard. I live on 1 acre so that's great exercise!

I learned a lesson today. I learned not to put your arm on the lawn mower engine when it's HOT. I accidently put my inner arm on it and I actually heard it SIZZLE. It was like putting a steak on a hot grill.
Then I met my DH at my school. They are redoing the horticulture grounds and I bought a few bushes for $5-10 each. We had to dig them up , bring them home and then plant them in the yard. No wonder I'm tired

Bad news is I gained a pound this week and had to post it on the Easter Challenge. I will do better next week!
Everybody have a great weekend! As Ellie always says.......

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 03-23-2001 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-23-2001, 09:12 PM   #14  
snerdlet

What a grrrrreeaaaatttt day!!! Not as far as being OP, but great all the same. Today I could do no wrong at work and even did some pre-planning on a problem that actually helped me get out of work on time (with the pre-planning done it only took me minutes to finish my work instead of hours). I just really felt good today. Now if I could just bottle that feeling for later...........

Sharon - I know how you feel. Just keep working at it and you will get there. My new motto at work is - "If you really want to understand something - try to change it". Which applies to you as you are trying to change your life, and I'll bet you are understanding more about yourself than you ever thought you would. Good luck.

Sil - Thanks for asking the question. I thought Liza was pregnant also. What a shocker. Sorry about your arm...

Carla - I am so not prepared for tax time and I am the one who prepares them for us. I did a preliminary one to see about where we were and we owe Uncle Sam about $2000 this year, which surprisingly is less than we have owed in years past. Oh well...I changed my withholdings so next year is should be about even.

Liza - Good luck on the house painting. We finally had enough and got siding on our house. Just the thought of not having to deal with painting it is worth it. I usually do all the inside work on the house and relegate the outside chores to my DH. So painting the house is not my cup of tea.

Ellie - good to hear from you. I don't know if you remember or not but you were the one who found me on the buddy chat and told me to come here. Just thought I would say thank you for that.

Got a little joke for you guys -
What time is it when Sir Lancelot looks at his bellybutton?
Give up?

The middle of the knight! ha ha ha

Chat at you guys later. I need to make the most of this high I am on.....
Pat

Old 03-23-2001, 09:31 PM   #15  

SASHE >> anyone would rather have cookies than feel miserable but I need to feel miserable and get over it without food. Of course I feel miserable later after I eat. <<
I am an emotional eater ,sugar sensitive , food addict or what ever name you want to give it. I HAVE to stay away from sugar refined carbs if Im to get anywhere. Its so hard to get started but it gets much easier.Cookies and doughnuts are my biggest downfalls!!
I find the misery I feel after indulging is greater and lasts all the hours of the day Im not actually eating those darn cookies. Ive decided its not worth it and I cant do WW and allow for them.

OUCH hows your arm SIL, that was not a good move ,lol. hope its not too bad?
Sorry to hear about the gain, you deserve only success thinking up these wonderful challenges for us all.
Closed Thread