Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 03:59 PM   #16  

I too found Atkins too restrictive but I do know many who love it. I've been doing WW but still trying to eat low carb. I do eat fruit but where I used to eat 3-4 pieces a day, not I only eat 1 or 2 pieces of low-glycemic fruit. I eat more fat and more protein and avoid the bread, pasta, rice and potatos. When I first tried WW, I saved too many points for sweets and I ended up feeling hungry all the time. Now I eat real food for the most part and I'm not hungry following WW. I like that with WW no food is totally restricted. You chose what you want to eat. Nothing is off limits. HTHS!
Old 02-12-2004, 11:26 AM   #17  

I was going to post a reply,until I read happy dance dot's reply.You pretty much took the words out of my mouth.WW has really taught me to balance my meals and portion sizes. I have actually gotten pretty picky about what I eat,but I have those days where I save up points so I can have something really bad! I have (fortunately) only had 2 bad days...but jumped right back in the next day.I try not to let it get me down,because I feel that will only make things worse,then I'll really go on a binge!! And it helps that my hubby is really suppportive,too!!
Old 02-12-2004, 08:56 PM   #18  
Pending Email Confirmation

I don't like Atkins. My cousin's husband said he lost 30lbs in 3 weeks on the Atkin's diet, that's really unhealthy! Ya know what'll happen when he starts eating those carbs again?? The weight will come right back on, plus some!

I love WW and plan to stick to it

Patience
Old 02-25-2004, 11:48 PM   #19  

Default atkins

i have tried atkins before but found it too hard to stick too. I did it maybe for only a month or two but got sick of eating the same foods. I couldnt stand not having bread and pasta. My mom has been doing atkins for close to a year though and shes doing wonderfully on it. Im not sure how many lbs she has lost but shes went down in clothes sizes and she seems to be doing good maintaing it. I think it depends on the person, as to if the diet will work or not.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:41 PM   #20  

I think you can easily combine WW with a low carb diet. I personally have to eat a higher protein diet with lots of fiber rich low glycemic carbs to stay full, keep my blood sugar balanced and just feel good.

My SIL is doing Atkins right now and has been very sucessful with it and enjoys it, for me it just didn't work. I felt to restrictive and don't like that there were foods that were "off limits". I dont think that is a bad thing, just didn't work for me. She is now up to eating about 40 grams of carbs a day and is still loosing weight easily.

South Beach I think is a *great* diet and it is NOT low carb. I did it for 2 weeks and I didn't loose a single pound, though I felt fantastic!! The only thing I could think of is I must have eaten to large of portions, it said to eat till you are full but not stuffed and that is what I did but I still didn't loose anything. So now I plan to still follow a South Beach type diet but stay within my WW points.

Overall I love WW because you can do with it what you want--low carb, high carb, low fat, high fat, junk food, healthy, nursing moms, basically you can customize it to meet your needs and goals and that is what I like about WW.

Skinnymini
187/185/150
Closed Thread