Old 06-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft2

Question Not sure what to expect

I have ordered a delux pro points starter pack from ebay, i can't go to a WW group due to social phobia.

Has anyone else done this?

How easy is WW to follow?

Roc
Rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I'm using WW Online (not attending the in person meetings at this moment). I've been following WW for years and my first time I lost 108 lbs while just sticking to the plan. So believe me it's doable.

It works. The science & research behind it is solid. It's very customizable for many people due to the fact that it simply helps you keep track of your food intake. Similar to counting calories, with a few added guidelines in the program.

While you truly can eat whatever you want while staying within your Points range, you'll probably find you'll feel more satisfied and stay fuller longer using whole foods and what WW calls Power Foods. The basics are pretty simple, using whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean meats, etc you'll use fewer points, and be satisfied. The plan still leaves room for dessert if you so desire.

How easy? Fairly easy. The commitment comes from taking the time to actually write down and monitor the food. The onus is on the member to make that commitment. It works as long as you work the plan. Most points can be easily calculated from the nutritional labels or from the many lists of foods in the books or online.

That's pretty much it. Commit to measuring and tracking your food as the guide will show. If you have questions we're all (in this area) following WW so we might have some insight if you come across any confusing points.

Since you aren't going to meetings I do suggest trying to find support in other ways. Friends, relatives if you can, and also online groups such as 3FC. Support groups help keep you accountable, and from personal experience they can definitely help keep you focused when the going gets rough no matter the plan.

Anywho, I'm getting long-winded. You CAN do this
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/186/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Lovely, if you work the plan, the plan works for you. I've been doing WW Online since April 6, 2011 and have lost 10 pounds. Things I've found/do: beef/port instead of chicken/fish slows my loss; I watch my banana intake (I eat one midday for banana split dessert) if I eat one with cereal for breakfast and another midday, I try to use small instead of large; when cooking Oscar Meyer Mesquite turkey slices wrapped around dill pickle spear quiets my appetite, try not to eat anything after 8:00 PM at night. Hope these hints help. Good luck and Strong Will Power!!
countrycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #4  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I too ordered a WW kit off Ebay circa 2004. If you are motivated, it will work. This site is great for the support you would otherwise get at a meeting.

The points are easy to figure out once you get the hang of it. Good luck!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote