3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   Weighing yourself when doing WW online? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/231903-weighing-yourself-when-doing-ww-online.html)

Lovely 06-26-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlsenberry (Post 3908632)
I am the SAME way.. tho I do it every day (even tho I know I shouldn't), about 15-30 minutes after I wake up and do my bizness. Birthday suit & specific tile, included. Sometimes I wonder if this is eating-disorderish, obsessing over food and scale, but the fact that I recognize that keeps me in check. :\

Nothing wrong with weighing every day or every couple days. It's all about how we use the information we're given. Some people tend to get "scale overload", every little up or down is utter turmoil and they can't think of anything else.

However, there plenty of people who are just kind of keeping an eye on the scale and can keep their head about them when they see their weight.

There's a HUGE difference between having a disorder and finally using the scale and food healthfully. From the untrained eye, it might seem similar, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

Commitment is not the same as obsessing.

Seeing the number on the scale helps you keep on track. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

justjen78 06-27-2011 01:41 PM

I weigh every day in the morning altho my "official" WI isn't till tuesday morning. I think I do it because it keeps me in check, if I'm a little up then the day before then I try hard to steer clear of the high sodium foods that day and usually its back down the next day

Erin27 06-27-2011 03:31 PM

I weigh in daily but count my Friday morning weigh in as the official weigh in. I like to see the changes day to day and adjust my eating/water based on what is going on with the scale....daily weigh ins keep me accountable and motivated to continue on this weight reduction journey

girlsenberry 06-27-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovely (Post 3908673)
Commitment is not the same as obsessing.

Seeing the number on the scale helps you keep on track. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Thank you for that. While I have been losing overall, I've been dealing with a lot of plateau in losing/gaining the same 4-5 lbs and my hubz has started laying into me about not weighing myself every single day (because I get so frustrated). I agree that it's what you do with the information- I use it to adjust my eating or activity level that day... and yeah, I get excited when I see the number drop, but if it rises, it gives me some accountability to not go and have a cheat day. Ya know?

Mumof 2D 07-02-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixie sticks (Post 3824808)
As far as WW is concerned, I weigh myself every Sunday morning when I wake (and after I PEE! lol).
However, I weigh myself many times during the week, sometimes many times during the day. Luckily, the only one that counts is Sunday morning.

I weigh myself on sunday morning too! I find it helps with the weekend munch fest!

trowter 07-02-2011 11:49 PM

I started WW in January online. I weighed myself religously every morning until about a month ago. The closer I get to my goal, the less predictable the scale got for me. I eat a lot of pickles, so the variations in my daily weigh in became more than I was willing to handle. I now only WI on Friday morning

bp2loselbs 07-08-2011 08:09 PM

High-tech Scale

My WW weigh is Sunday morning, but my scale also has other features like Body Water% so I weigh myself in the evening every few days to track my percentage. Keeps me more mindful of drinking the water. Plus making data driven decisions:p for the teachers in the crowd!

I have also read in some article on Livestrong.com that a study showed that women how weight themselved more frequently, made better choices food wise. But take it with a grain of salt.

Ciao,
LFG

NightwingFanGirl 07-28-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovely (Post 3847797)
Monday morning. First thing after the bathroom. In my birthday suit. On one specific tile on the floor.

Sometimes I weigh in between out of curiosity, but I only "count" my weight on Monday mornings.

You can weigh yourself as often as you want long as it doesn't become the only thing you think about.

My thoughts EXACTLY. Except, I am against Monday morning weigh ins; I can't deal with any more stress on Monday. I do mine Thursday morning.

EMGL82 08-05-2011 10:49 AM

I can TOTALLY relate to being obsessed with the scale. My scheduled time to weigh myself is Friday morning, but I do it at least once per day, anyway...if I'm feeling good. If I feel bloated for any reason, I stay away from the scale. I don't know if others can relate to this, but I can almost always FEEL when I've lost weight, especially when I'm lying in bed at night.

BettyBooty 08-16-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovely (Post 3847797)
Monday morning. First thing after the bathroom. In my birthday suit. On one specific tile on the floor.

Sometimes I weigh in between out of curiosity, but I only "count" my weight on Monday mornings.

You can weigh yourself as often as you want long as it doesn't become the only thing you think about.

Me too, but on Thursday mornings, and my scale is in a certain place in the bedroom.

I spot check a few times during the week, mostly the morning after days I don't get to exercise, or after a bigger meal/higher points day, but I don't count those days.

I don't think of it as an obsession at all. I am just really committed to losing weight & getting fit (I am just about back down to my pre-pregnancy weight and I'd like to be a bit lighter when we try for #2) and I know that unless I am vigilant, I can easily slide back into bad habits of eating junk and not moving enough. The number on the scale (or my measurements) are a tangible way for me to keep myslef in check. I think if I weighed several times a day, took laxitives to make sure all my poo was out before I weighed in, or avoided water for 18 hours before a weigh-in, then I'd have a problem. But I am not on The Biggest Loser; this is not a sprint, it is a marathon, and I just have to keep my pace to get to where I want to be.

WannaBeLoserAgain 08-16-2011 07:14 AM

My "Official" weigh day is Monday, this is the weight that I will put in WW. Weighing on Monday keeps me accountable for the weekend, so not to splurge on eating out or junk food. Oh! You have to join WW to weigh in and follow the plan.

I am a daily weigher, I want to know especially when I am losing the weight. I have learned the weight will go up and down depending on salt intake and what you have been eating lately. So.....I try to be good, when I am seeing an increase and think about the foods that I have been eating.

Heather37334 08-26-2011 12:05 AM

Usually about 3-4 times a day.

JanCan 06-07-2012 09:59 PM

I weigh myself daily to keep focused on the goal. I find that it helps me to stay on track.

cancersuckseggs 06-13-2012 10:37 PM

weekly

beachluvr79 07-01-2012 08:11 PM

I weigh Monday mornings. Once right when I wake up, in a t-shirt, again when I get out of the shower, and again after I dry my hair. hehe.. I know it sounds silly but there is sometimes a 3lb difference in that hour. Of course I take the less of the three. :) Glad to see others have funny little rituals.