3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   Weighing yourself when doing WW online? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/231903-weighing-yourself-when-doing-ww-online.html)

tiniree 04-26-2011 03:03 PM

Weighing yourself when doing WW online?

Ok, we all know that you weight less in the a.m. but honestly, I find I am weighing myself A LOT! And that's with me going to meetings.

If I choose to go the online route, can those of you doing online WW tell me when and how often you weight yourself?

Marie

DrivenByAmbition 04-26-2011 03:08 PM

You will be able to set your day for your weekly weigh-in. You will, however, need to be consistent with the time of day for a more accurate depiction of your weight.

pixie sticks 04-26-2011 03:25 PM

As far as WW is concerned, I weigh myself every Sunday morning when I wake (and after I PEE! lol).
However, I weigh myself many times during the week, sometimes many times during the day. Luckily, the only one that counts is Sunday morning.

bcgal00 05-13-2011 01:30 AM

I weight myself every day or two, in the afternoon, to see how the weight is going. If I find myself up 2-3 I think about what I've eaten the last few days and determine whether its water weight, too many carbs and/or too much food. Then I watch what I eat for a few days to balance things out.

Lovely 05-13-2011 01:40 AM

Monday morning. First thing after the bathroom. In my birthday suit. On one specific tile on the floor.

Sometimes I weigh in between out of curiosity, but I only "count" my weight on Monday mornings.

You can weigh yourself as often as you want long as it doesn't become the only thing you think about.

countrycowgirl 05-16-2011 02:21 PM

My WW weigh-in day is Wednesday, I do same thing Lovely does. Having said that, I also weigh every night before I go to bed, and every morning when I get up; it always amazes me that I can loose as much as 3 pounds during the night. I usually have a bathroom wake-up during the night. Some days, I weigh 2-3 times during the day; those are my "scale obsession days"! We all have them, don't we?? LOL

MrsTee 05-16-2011 10:54 PM

This is something I am considering to help me along my path - so you follow the points plan and all that, same as the meetings, but just weigh in by yourself? Do you sent it to anyone at WW?

Lovely 05-16-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsTee (Post 3853060)
This is something I am considering to help me along my path - so you follow the points plan and all that, same as the meetings, but just weigh in by yourself? Do you sent it to anyone at WW?

If you're following the online program, you follow the points and all the other good health guidelines. You then choose one day a week to weigh yourself on a home scale. There's a chart you use to note your weight each week online through the tools. It's not mailed to anyone, or "officially" sent. You use the tools to keep track of your weight loss, but it's your responsibility to track it.

agraciado 05-17-2011 02:45 PM

My day is Tuesday and that is the only day I way. I find it really hard to weigh myself daily only because it becomes a battle with myself. Like even though I allotted my points to have that burger, I don't like what the scale tells me immediately afterwords and then feel bad about it.

DisneyDieter 05-25-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agraciado (Post 3853946)
My day is Tuesday and that is the only day I way. I find it really hard to weigh myself daily only because it becomes a battle with myself. Like even though I allotted my points to have that burger, I don't like what the scale tells me immediately afterwords and then feel bad about it.

ITA!

I used to weigh myself all the time (daily, multiple times daily, etc.) only to get depressed and think the plan I was on wasn't working. Then sabbotage myself and go in a downward spiral.

Now I only weigh on Monday mornings.

Anything else makes me crazy.

josey 05-25-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixie sticks (Post 3824808)
As far as WW is concerned, I weigh myself every Sunday morning when I wake (and after I PEE! lol).
However, I weigh myself many times during the week, sometimes many times during the day. Luckily, the only one that counts is Sunday morning.

I am doing exactly the same! I find it interesting to see how my weight goes up and down throughout the week. After shower vs before, after a big dinner vs a small one, etc. etc. etc.

However, only Sunday morning counts! That's the one and only I track.

We just got a new scale yesterday and let me tell you it is not pretty!!! I am about 3 lbs heavier on the new one. We will see what I come up with on Sunday. I might have to count it as a gain or stall for this week.

mandy1974 05-26-2011 08:06 PM

doin the ww myself at home. i'm also scale obsessed. :/ my hubby thinks i'm nuts. lol

Lunula 06-25-2011 08:06 PM

I weigh myself first thing every Saturday morning and I don't stray from that. I used to weigh in the middle of the week, but it can be incredibly demotivating for me since my weight can really fluctuate from day to day. I would work super hard for a couple days, then weigh myself because I would get excited and find that I hadn't lost anything, or only lost an ounce or something and it would frustrate me. Basically, I figured out that doing this and getting disappointed was a trigger for my binge-eating, so I promptly stopped. I even resisted weighing in after a two week vacation (where I gained TEN pounds) when we got home on a Wednesday.

I'm pretty strict with myself - the only time I'll stray is on Saturday or Sunday after I've had a long work-out and I've sweated a lot, I get on the scale to see how much water weight I've lost, hah! But that is really infrequent and I only do it to see how much sweat weighs. :^:

ducktape54 06-26-2011 07:45 PM

I try to weigh myself only in the mornings...and it can fluctuate from day to day so it can be motivating or discouraging.

girlsenberry 06-26-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovely (Post 3847797)
First thing after the bathroom. In my birthday suit. On one specific tile on the floor.

I am the SAME way.. tho I do it every day (even tho I know I shouldn't), about 15-30 minutes after I wake up and do my bizness. Birthday suit & specific tile, included. Sometimes I wonder if this is eating-disorderish, obsessing over food and scale, but the fact that I recognize that keeps me in check. :\

Lovely 06-26-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlsenberry (Post 3908632)
I am the SAME way.. tho I do it every day (even tho I know I shouldn't), about 15-30 minutes after I wake up and do my bizness. Birthday suit & specific tile, included. Sometimes I wonder if this is eating-disorderish, obsessing over food and scale, but the fact that I recognize that keeps me in check. :\

Nothing wrong with weighing every day or every couple days. It's all about how we use the information we're given. Some people tend to get "scale overload", every little up or down is utter turmoil and they can't think of anything else.

However, there plenty of people who are just kind of keeping an eye on the scale and can keep their head about them when they see their weight.

There's a HUGE difference between having a disorder and finally using the scale and food healthfully. From the untrained eye, it might seem similar, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

Commitment is not the same as obsessing.

Seeing the number on the scale helps you keep on track. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

justjen78 06-27-2011 01:41 PM

I weigh every day in the morning altho my "official" WI isn't till tuesday morning. I think I do it because it keeps me in check, if I'm a little up then the day before then I try hard to steer clear of the high sodium foods that day and usually its back down the next day

Erin27 06-27-2011 03:31 PM

I weigh in daily but count my Friday morning weigh in as the official weigh in. I like to see the changes day to day and adjust my eating/water based on what is going on with the scale....daily weigh ins keep me accountable and motivated to continue on this weight reduction journey

girlsenberry 06-27-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovely (Post 3908673)
Commitment is not the same as obsessing.

Seeing the number on the scale helps you keep on track. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Thank you for that. While I have been losing overall, I've been dealing with a lot of plateau in losing/gaining the same 4-5 lbs and my hubz has started laying into me about not weighing myself every single day (because I get so frustrated). I agree that it's what you do with the information- I use it to adjust my eating or activity level that day... and yeah, I get excited when I see the number drop, but if it rises, it gives me some accountability to not go and have a cheat day. Ya know?

Mumof 2D 07-02-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixie sticks (Post 3824808)

I weigh myself on sunday morning too! I find it helps with the weekend munch fest!

trowter 07-02-2011 11:49 PM

I started WW in January online. I weighed myself religously every morning until about a month ago. The closer I get to my goal, the less predictable the scale got for me. I eat a lot of pickles, so the variations in my daily weigh in became more than I was willing to handle. I now only WI on Friday morning

bp2loselbs 07-08-2011 08:09 PM

High-tech Scale

My WW weigh is Sunday morning, but my scale also has other features like Body Water% so I weigh myself in the evening every few days to track my percentage. Keeps me more mindful of drinking the water. Plus making data driven decisions:p for the teachers in the crowd!

I have also read in some article on Livestrong.com that a study showed that women how weight themselved more frequently, made better choices food wise. But take it with a grain of salt.

Ciao,
LFG

NightwingFanGirl 07-28-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Monday morning. First thing after the bathroom. In my birthday suit. On one specific tile on the floor.

Sometimes I weigh in between out of curiosity, but I only "count" my weight on Monday mornings.

You can weigh yourself as often as you want long as it doesn't become the only thing you think about.

My thoughts EXACTLY. Except, I am against Monday morning weigh ins; I can't deal with any more stress on Monday. I do mine Thursday morning.

EMGL82 08-05-2011 10:49 AM

I can TOTALLY relate to being obsessed with the scale. My scheduled time to weigh myself is Friday morning, but I do it at least once per day, anyway...if I'm feeling good. If I feel bloated for any reason, I stay away from the scale. I don't know if others can relate to this, but I can almost always FEEL when I've lost weight, especially when I'm lying in bed at night.

BettyBooty 08-16-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Me too, but on Thursday mornings, and my scale is in a certain place in the bedroom.

I spot check a few times during the week, mostly the morning after days I don't get to exercise, or after a bigger meal/higher points day, but I don't count those days.

I don't think of it as an obsession at all. I am just really committed to losing weight & getting fit (I am just about back down to my pre-pregnancy weight and I'd like to be a bit lighter when we try for #2) and I know that unless I am vigilant, I can easily slide back into bad habits of eating junk and not moving enough. The number on the scale (or my measurements) are a tangible way for me to keep myslef in check. I think if I weighed several times a day, took laxitives to make sure all my poo was out before I weighed in, or avoided water for 18 hours before a weigh-in, then I'd have a problem. But I am not on The Biggest Loser; this is not a sprint, it is a marathon, and I just have to keep my pace to get to where I want to be.

WannaBeLoserAgain 08-16-2011 07:14 AM

My "Official" weigh day is Monday, this is the weight that I will put in WW. Weighing on Monday keeps me accountable for the weekend, so not to splurge on eating out or junk food. Oh! You have to join WW to weigh in and follow the plan.

I am a daily weigher, I want to know especially when I am losing the weight. I have learned the weight will go up and down depending on salt intake and what you have been eating lately. So.....I try to be good, when I am seeing an increase and think about the foods that I have been eating.

Heather37334 08-26-2011 12:05 AM

Usually about 3-4 times a day.

JanCan 06-07-2012 09:59 PM

I weigh myself daily to keep focused on the goal. I find that it helps me to stay on track.

cancersuckseggs 06-13-2012 10:37 PM

weekly

beachluvr79 07-01-2012 08:11 PM

I weigh Monday mornings. Once right when I wake up, in a t-shirt, again when I get out of the shower, and again after I dry my hair. hehe.. I know it sounds silly but there is sometimes a 3lb difference in that hour. Of course I take the less of the three. :) Glad to see others have funny little rituals.

mzKiki 07-01-2012 08:38 PM

I only weigh once a week. I can't stand the fluctuations and they throw me off track if they are too extreme so I only weigh Monday morning. I won't even be able to do it tomorrow as I forgot to get a new battery for the darn scale DOH!

3rd time lucky 07-01-2012 10:20 PM

Weighing in...

This is my 1st week on and I've been weighing myself every day. I'm amazed at so many fluctuations during the week..I lost 6lbs , so I'm very happy!!!:carrot: I can relate to how it varies ,can make you crazy:dizzy:!!!
Also here's something, when I started WW , I bought a new scale- to my surprise, it 20!!!!!!lbs off my old scale, talk about a wake up call. Major depression, but picked myself up and am more motivated than ever! Especially for my knees which are hurting more than ever...yup, it time...

kc82 07-02-2012 11:45 AM

When I first started the program, I was weighing myself almost daily at the same time each day. I think that the daily weigh in helped me keep track of where I was at and helped keep me accountable. As time has gone on I've tapered down to just a few times a week. :)

puneri 07-02-2012 11:51 AM

How much WW on line costs? Is it effective? Has any Indian cooking from scratch has done it?

jenicra 07-02-2012 11:13 PM

I make Indian food regularly and calculate WW points. Monthly costs vary (there are usually some promotions you can snag), but between $10-18/month I think.

twinieten 07-19-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puneri (Post 4391087)
How much WW on line costs? Is it effective? Has any Indian cooking from scratch has done it?

I paid $60. By paying for 3 months at once, the registration is free (or $1?) and the monthly fee is reduced.

It was worth every penny! I've been counting calories with my Bodybugg for a year. I reached a point where I wasn't losing and think I needed something fresh. That seems to be my MO. So I signed up and it's helped me choose better quality foods, and reduce my calories. I still track my calories with Bodybugg, but rely heavily on points to keep me on the right track. I have 3 months to decide if I'll stick with it or not.

I don't cook Indian, but I've already entered in a few of my own recipes. Starting is going to take the most time, but once you've done it awhile, have a good list of meals, recipes, and favorites, putting it in your food log gets faster and easier. Their database is really good too! I think you won't be disappointed.

lrgemmell 12-05-2012 06:18 PM

I'm doing WW online as well. I chose my weigh in day to be Sunday mornings. Like many others, I weight after my morning pee, and usually just have my underoos on. Your weigh in should be something positive, even if it's a little change, so being consistent is important. I try not to weigh myself throughout the week but its always tempting. Today I weighed in in the morning and my first 10 lbs is gone, however I don't consider it official until I weigh in on Sunday and see that same number or less. Its a definite motivator though. I'm glad I did that this morning, it encourages me to incorporate some walking into my routine now. I am LOVING weight watchers!

MandeLea 01-12-2013 12:24 PM

My WW WI is on Thursdays, but I will usually step on the scale every morning. In the past, when I have gone a week without touching the scale, I tend to crash hard if the results aren't what I expected. At least with checking, I can see where I'm headed. I don't freak about fluctuations, I think about what I've eaten that may cause water weight, etc. I am working on removing the mental connection to the scale, but I'm not there yet. I would like to be in a place where I am only stepping on the scale once a week. Otherwise, I feel that the scale controls me. Weighing several times a day will just make you crazy, IMO. That's really about food density.

Good luck!