Please give me your breakfast ideas

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Although I love routine, I feel like I am in a rut with my Activia light yogurt and coffee before I go to the gym and 2 boiled eggs with V8 when I get back.

When I get bored, I get dangerous!

What is a good low point (under 10) breakfast that gets you through the morning?
  • Lately I have been having a poached egg with toast, yogurt and a banana = 5 points. If you want to add more you could even have another egg and toast but that would be a large meal then. I try and keep my breakfast 6 points and under. I eat most of my points at night though.
  • large flake oatmeal made with skim milk, with the addition of various fruits, nuts, flax seed and wheat germ. Watch the measurements of nuts, seed and wheat germ. They are very healthy, but fatty. Good fats, but fats, none the less.
  • I eat oats made from Irish Oats, blueberries, chia seeds and light activia. 6 pts.
  • This is by the old points system but I don't think it would be much more now...
    Pancakes & Sausage (4 total points!!!!):
    1/2 c fiber one pancake mix, either a splash of egg substitute or an egg white, and water until it is the consistancy you like. Use spray butter to cook them. While cooking them, have 2 either Morningstar or Boca sausage links cooking along side. Then up to 1/4 cup sugar free syrup.

French toast & bacon (3 points total!!!):
    2 slices of 35 cal bread (here we have Nichols and Heiners), 1/2 c egg substitute, splash of unsweetened almond milk (in the dairy section), splash of vanilla, dash of cinnamon. Make just like you would french toast. While cooking have 2 slices of Morningstar bacon cooking along side. Top with up to 1/4 c sugar free syrup.

Those are my faves!!!
  • I don't do points but a great filling healthy breakfast for me is plain instant oatmeal (one packet) and a single serve cup of natural applesauce mixed together (cooked oatmeal obviously).

160ish calories and lots of fiber!
  • I have coffee with unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40 cal/cup), or a tassimo espresso or latte, depending on if I'm running or training right after. The tassimo doesn't affect me but a larger coffee will give me heartburn.
    Plus one of the following: sandwich of toasted w/w english muffin with an over easy egg and light laughing cow with a clementine OR 6oz raspberries with full fat activia and toasted flax seeds OR toasted english muffin with laughing cow and jam or peanut butter and jam and clementine. I don't do bananas often and never before training, they give me heartburn.
    My breakfasts are about 7 points.
  • 1/3 cup dry (2/3 cup cooked) oat meal made with 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (added during cooking), 1 tsp butter, drizzle maple syrup and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.

Usually had with a glass of 2% milk.
  • Wow, these all sound delish and E-A-S-Y!! That is a priority for me.

River - I hate to expose my coffee beverage ignorance (I never got the hang of the ordering a fancy coffee - so many terms I don't understand ). Could you be my coffee guru? What is tassimo expresso?
  • I love my Wheat English muffin, Egg and 1 slice Canadin Bacon. This is around 6 pp. and some sort of fruit

Or bowl of Cereal, the 2/3 cup with FF milk of 4 oz and bowl of fruit.

Egg, Egg white and 2 strips of Bacon, Still under 6 pp.

2 fiber one pancakes and Canadian bacon. Under 6 PP
    try to get that milk in so that's 4 oz.
  • Quote: River - I hate to expose my coffee beverage ignorance (I never got the hang of the ordering a fancy coffee - so many terms I don't understand ). Could you be my coffee guru? What is tassimo expresso?
    Sure, it's a single serve beverage maker-it's very easy to use. I like the cappucino, latte and chai tea. Those are 2 points each. There is a skinny latte for 1 point but I don't like it. You can also get green tea cartridges, or starbuck coffee, etc. The green tea is ok but I'm not a fan of the coffee cartridges. If I'm having regular coffee I make it with my french press.

http://www.tassimocoffeemakers.com/
  • I don't do points but I usually like some cereal with skim milk and a class of juice. I'm not a coffee person.
  • Now I'm getting hungry!! Thanks so much. I will try a new one every week.
  • My breakfast during the week is very boring. 2 slices of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread, light turkey or turkey ham, light swipe of ff mayo, lots of mustard, and pile on the veggies. 6 to 7 points.

Today I took 2 eggs, whipped them up, dunked 1 slice of Sara Lee bread, for french toast, scrambled the rest, had 2 ozs of turkey ham and sugar free syrup for 7 points, yummy!
  • Even the WW bread with egg whites is good.