Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 05:31 PM   #1  

Default Weigh-in at Home 9/2 - 9/8

Starting the topic
Old 09-03-2002, 05:37 PM   #2  

Hmmm, slow week? I'll make this short since I took a "mental health" day off from work and Tony wants to get on the computer. I did not have a good result on Sat - I was up 1.4 pounds - I wasn't going to weigh in (we were leaving for Mohegan Sun later that morning) but I realized that this Saturday is Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) and I wouldn't get a chance to weigh in. I was disappointed with the result (I was further from my 10 pounds lost than closer) but I'm using that as a motivator to lose this gain plus more over the next two weeks. I had an OK weekend foodwise (fun wise it was great) - I could have been better and I also could have been much, much worse. I couldn't get to sleep last night and decided to take the day off. I've been OP and got a good step workout in. I plan on going to bed right after the Yankee game because tomorrow is going to be a looong day at work.

I hope everyone is well, had a great holiday weekend and that you check in soon!
Judy

163.6/156.8 (yuck!) /135
Old 09-03-2002, 10:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - I'm sorry about the gain. But you'll turn it around, I know it. Good for you for taking the day off. Sometimes you just need to do that. Glad to hear you had a fun weekend.

My weekend was ok foodwise, but not great. What with the wedding on Sunday and the BBQ yesterday, it was challenging. I could have been better, but like Judy I could have been worse. We'll see what tomorrow's weigh-in brings. Today I had an appointment for a check-up at the opthomolagist. She's right in town, so I took the opportunity to walk there and back. So I got some exercise in. The rest of the day was a waste - I didn't get home until noon, decided to lay down for a bit since my eyes were still dilated and were bothering me (and wasn't the walk home in the sun fun!) and the next thing I knew - it was three hours later. Tomorrow I'm planning another walk into town to pick up some slides that John had developed. Bit by bit I'm getting back to exercising.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 09-04-2002, 09:19 AM   #4  
Canadian, eh?

Good morning...

Only have eight seconds, will try to get back tonight...

Judy...too bad re the gain...that couple of pounds is very fond of you. Wonder if you're adding a bit of muscle weight with all your working out?!

Carla...bravo for walking in and out of town...that's great!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you for WI

Forgot to weigh in this morning, it'll have to be towmorrow. Overslept a bit. Weekend was not pretty foodwise!

Have a great day...

Karen
Old 09-04-2002, 10:42 AM   #5  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink Hi Ladies.

Hi Everyone. I've been having a great week so far and I seem to be re-focused again!! Its been such a long time coming!!! I've also hooked up with another friend here and the daily posts with journals have helped tremendously. My weighin will be on Friday, that way I'll have been on for a full week. Oh...doorbell, got to go.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:54 PM   #6  

Carla - glad to hear that your weekend, like mine, wasn't too bad. Good for you for doing all that walking! I know what you mean about the dilated eyes. When I've had that done, the sunlight bothers me even when I'm wearing sunglasses.

Karen - Sorry to hear about the troubles over the weekend. I hope tomorrow's result is a good one. You know, I forgot that I had started to do more weights recently - I suppose it could be contributor but I also ended up eating my activity points and I was mid-PMS so it was probably a lot of things all together.

Angel-eyes - glad to hear that you are more focused. Good for you for hooking up with someone with whom you can share journals, etc. Whatever works is what you should do.

My week so far is OK - well, Monday was a bit of a wash but yesterday was a good day and I'm planning one for today, too. TOM is here so at least those vicious PMS cravings should be gone. I had terrible mood swings yesterday - poor Tony! I know that I have a number of challenges this week and next week. The Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashana, starts on Friday night and that means dinner at my parent's house on Friday and Saturday. I've asked my mom for the menu and she has even sent me the ingredients to a couple of recipes so I can figure points and try to decide beforehand what and how much to have. That's 1/2 the battle - the other half (and the harder half) is sticking with it - not taking 2nds or 3rds, not giving in when she puts a few more desserts on the table - you all know what I'm talking about - for sure. The other challenge I have is the emotinal eating surrounding next week's 9/11 anniversary. I know that it has started to affect me already - I find myself more emotional in general and I only see that increasing. I haven't come up with a strategy program-wise yet and I won't be able to go to my meeting on Saturday (where the leader might bring it up) - I guess just being aware of it may help.

I'd better get back to work - have a great water filled Wed!
Judy
Old 09-04-2002, 04:21 PM   #7  

Hi all.

Karen - Sorry to hear the weekend was rough for you, food-wise. I know you'll be right back into the swing of things.

angel-eyes - Glad to hear that you've regained your focus and have developed some new strategies. You're on a roll!

Judy - You sure do have a challenging weekend ahead of you. You've made a good start with getting the menu and ingrediants from your mom. Now you're just going to have to hang tough. Holidays are hard and with 9/11 thrown in.... You can get a grip on the emotional eating. Start thinking now what other outlets you can use when your emotions run high .... perhaps writing it all down in a journal. Hang in there and I'll be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes.

My weigh-in was absolutely horrific this morning - up 3.4 pounds. However, I weighed myself two days ago and had a maintain. No way did I eat enough to gain that much in two days. My rings were tight this morning and I know I haven't gotten my water in, so I guess part of the gain is water retention. So I'm going to weigh myself again on Friday and use that weight. My eating has been good today, so far, and I have a good supper planned - gnocchi with fresh tomato sauce and lots of veggies. I just got back from a walk into town and back. I pushed Ana in her stroller, so that's got to be good for a few more calories burned. I'm reveling in the good post-exercise feelings and trying to burn them into my brain so I get myself going tomorrow. I have a lunch date with a friend and then I have to go to Lenscrafters for new glasses. My perscription didn't change, but I have to get bifocals. Not a big surprise to me since I've been having to take off my glasses to read for some time now. The Lenscrafters is in a mall, so I'll get some walking in while I wait, but I'd also like to walk into town in the morning to get to the farmer's market. Send me "get on your shoes and go" vibes please.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 09-04-2002, 07:30 PM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Angel eyes, great to hear you sounding sooo upbeat and motivated. Great idea to make yourself accountable by posting your journal.

Carla, sorry to hear about your weigh in...here's something to cheer you up:

Here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know
the truth after all those conflicting medical studies.................

The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

The French eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:53 PM   #9  

Hi, All! Well, I made it back alive from Brooklyn. Barely. Our vacation started out great. Vermont was wonderful! We did the Ben and Jerry's factory, Vermont Teddy Bear Factory and the Shelburne Museum (which was terrific!). We took the ferry across Champlain to New York, spent the day at the New York State Museum (which has a 9/11 exhibit that is very good - hard to look at though, very emotional) and then we headed to Brooklyn. We did the Prospect Park Zoo and hung around my mom's house some. Then, on Wednesday we went to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. When we returned to my vehicle we discovered that some junkie had decided to smash the window, steal stuff and tried to steal it! They caught him and had him handcuffed to the park fence. I wanted to have at him, but they wouldn't let me. Imagine. I was SO upset. I have a 95 Suburban that I just bought in June. It has 105,000 miles on it, but I love it! I have waited YEARS for a Suburban that I could afford. I'm just glad they caught the guy. He is in jail as we speak.

Now, the good news is that all through this and through the good food at my mom's and the Chinese food one night I managed to behave very well foodwise. I lost 1 pound and have now lost 10% of my weight. I drank a LOT of water. Now if I could just break my inertia and start exercising!

I am glad you are all doing well. Judy, I bet that gain is muscle, too.

Well, it's pretty late and I need to put Will the Beast to bed (my 2 year old). He may not be ready yet, but I am. Talk to you all later.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:59 PM   #10  
soon to be goddess

Hi Ladies.

Teric.....WOW.....I'm so glad to hear that you hit your 10% mark.... YOU GO GIRL!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your suburban....good thing they caught the guy. Hopefully your insurance co will cover the damages and you'll be behind the wheel again.....looking slim and trim.

Merrylegs....thanks for the laugh. Isn't it so true. How are you doing plan wise?

Cece....Sorry to hear that you were up. But having a backup weighin date is a pretty good idea. You're right...if the rings are tight its a sure thing that its probably water retention. Once you start with the water again, it will flush all that out.***fingers crossed for you****

JudySP.........Sorry to hear about TOM...(mine is also coming soon) as I suffer from severe cramping too. Yuck!!! Good for you for thinking ahead and getting a 'heads up' on the menu for the weekend festivities. Just remember you can have everything but the key is moderation and portion control.....YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Happy Rosh Hoshanah and all the best for the new year!!
Old 09-05-2002, 02:41 PM   #11  

Carla - I sent you "get on your shoes and go" vibes - I hope they worked. I think that gain is water - guzzle. guzzle, guzzle that water as I know you are doing. Way to go on walking with Ana in the stroller - I'm sure that burned extra calories. Bifocals - yup, I need them too. When I wear my lenses, I need reading glasses if the print is small or the lighting is poor. When I wear my glasses, I'm always taking them off to read too! I'm going to wait until I switch to Tony's heath insurance at the end of the year - then they'll be covered! Yes, I think you are right - I need another outlet and the knitting helps but it's not enough. I think I will try to pick up my journal.

Karen - thanks for the laugh! That's a good one.

Teric - CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your 10% - and on vacation too!! Sorry to hear about the car but I'm glad that NY's Finest got him.

Angel eyes - Thanks for the holiday wishes. You are right - moderation and portion control. I'm saying it to myself over and over again, like a mantra. I know too that if I just follow it, I'll feel so much better about myself - and isn't that so much better than beating yourself up afterwards!

I didn't have a great night last night - I went over my max and am 4 points in the hole. BUT, I have planned out my day and plan to have those 4 points back in the bank tonight to bring me back to even. There is a great tennis match on tonight and I will be knitting, knitting, knitting. Work is a little stressful today but I am planning on doing some kind of workout afterwards - I'm not sure what - probably strength or pilates since I want to give my knee a rest today. I am off tomorrow - taking the cats to the vet for their checkup in the morning but I plan on exercising when we get back. I'm going to try to check in tomorrow for a little boost before going over to mom's.

Have a great one!
Judy

Last edited by JudySP; 09-05-2002 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:58 AM   #12  

Hi all.

karen - Thanks for the laugh. I'll try to speak only Italian at home and see what that does!

Teric - First, congratulations on that pound off and on reaching your 10% goal. Woo Hoo!!! Sorry to hear about your SUV. I'm not sure they could have held me back from the lowlife that did it. But, aside from that, it sounds like you had a great vacation and good for you for behaving foodwise. Great job!

angel-eyes - Thanks for keeping those fingers crossed!

Judy - Thanks for sending those vibes! I did take a walk around the mall both before and after lunch yesterday. Smart idea to wait on the bifocals until you're covered by Tony's plan. The lenses were expensive. Thank goodness Lenscrafters was having a 50% off lenses sale. Sounds like you had a good plan in place to regain those 4 points. Were you able to make it through tennis? Best wishes for a blessed new year and good luck with dinner at your mom's tonight and tomorrow.

I'm happy to report that I got all of that water out of my system and even managed to shed .2 pounds as well. A very small loss, but a start and something to keep me motivated as we head into the weekend. No particular challenges this weekend, thank goodness. I'll try to get walking in, that's for sure.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla
266/265.8/239 (1st 10%)/140
Old 09-06-2002, 11:14 AM   #13  
soon to be goddess

Talking yeah.......!!!!

Hi Ladies. I had my weighin this morning and once everything was stripped off.....I LOST 2.5 LBS!!!! I am so excited, this was the first week that I was really committed to and managed to walk every day!!! It feels so good. TGIF.....I hope everyone has a good weekend and stays on plan. KEEP IT UP!!
Old 09-06-2002, 02:44 PM   #14  

Carla - Congratulations on getting rid of that water plus more - any loss is a big loss!! Glad to hear you have no particular challenges this weekend. Good for you for doing all that walking. Keep it up - I can tell you are getting back into that exercise groove!! Yup, I made it through tennis - I did a bunch of knitting, had some popcorn, and when I got a sweet craving I had a chocolate Tastation (hard candy that's 3 for 1 point). It satisfied the craving and it was better than digging into the Snackwells. Thanks for the holiday wishes and the luck for tonight.

Angel-eyes - Wow!! Congratulations on that super loss. Good for you for walking every day - sounds like another exercise goove starting!

So far so good today. I did a Pilates workout this morning which felt great. I had a low point breakfast and lunch and I am going to cut up some pepper to nosh on before we go to my mom's. I keep thinking, "moderation and portion control". I think I am going to print it out on a piece of paper and keep it in my pocket to remind me. Sort of like a touchstone. Hey, I'll try anything!
Have a great OP weekend!
Judy
Old 09-21-2002, 07:54 PM   #15  

I weighed in on Fri. Sept. 6. I lost .4 of a lb.

This is rather late.

April
Closed Thread