Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 AM   #1  
Sammy's Mommy

S/C/G: 291.4/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Question Alternatives to meetings?

Hey everyone! I've been lurking around here FOREVER and feel it is my time to finally join in. I lost about 60 lbs last year with WW and loved it. We went off for the holidays but never went back. I have gained alllll my weight back (OK a few pounds less) and am ready to go again. My problem is my hours at work have been majorly cut, and there is no way I can afford it. I still have all my materials and such, so I am covered there. The thing I am missing is the meetings. At first I hated them, but then I realized how much they helped me! I am so terribly sad that I cannot go back, but what other options are there? I know posting on here seems to be a great motivator for some, but I am into the 'in person' thing. Anyone have any ideas?

To make things worse, my old leader is a teacher at my son's school. I never saw her there while I was on the program, and I hadn't seen her since. Until today! I have the flu and it was raining so I looked horrible, my hair was frizzy, I had some grungy pants and sweatshirt combo, oh and I've gained 60 lbs. She walked up and was all, "Sara! I haven't seen you in meetings. How are you doing?" gulp
orcagrrrl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:15 AM   #2  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I really like the 'in person' thing myself too. I do WW online and was going to meetings as well, and then the last time I asked my leader if I can just come once a month as it would help me financially. I don't know if this would be something possible for you - I am a lifetime member so maybe that makes a difference.

I thought there was a way you could buy weeks in advance and then just go when you could make it. would that be at all possible? could you talk to her and just tell her what's going on? maybe she could accomodate you?

I see you have a blog - I have one too - I have to keep using every means necessary to keep me on track; whether it be meetings, online, blogging, coming here, talking to friends on FB who do WW at home... I just keep myself involved with people who have similar goals. Hopefully you can combine these things too to help you on your way again.

I know we are 9 hours time difference apart, but I'm always available for a chat too, if you need one (I used to live in Oregon, too!)

take care and good luck!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #3  
Sammy's Mommy

S/C/G: 291.4/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

The cheapest way for me to do it is the monthly pass, which is $40 a month, then I can go whenever I want. Otherwise, if I do weekly it's $13, and if I miss a week, I have to pay for it the next week, making it $26. Before, I made paying for WW a priority, and sometimes it even came before gas and such. Since my hours have been cut I've had to borrow money from my Grandparents just to get my monthly bills paid.

I have very a little set aside, not much at all, but I am saving it for my son. He has decided he wants to do cub scouts, and I have to get his uniform. My grandma offered to pay for me until I get settled money-wise, but at this point it's not looking like that will be any time soon. Once my taxes come in this February I should be okay, I can pay them back and have a little extra every month. I keep telling myself that I can do it on my own until then!
orcagrrrl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote