Old 07-13-2009, 03:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Default the Queen of starting over is....starting over...

Hello! Some of you may remember me from from long ago (aka last year). Some of you may be completely new and not know who on earth I am. At any rate, my name is Julie! And I am the Queen of starting over...

From January 2007 - April 2008, I went from 235 pounds down to 185. I hadn't been UNDER 200 pounds since I was in High School (11 years ago). So those numbers were a pretty big deal to me. I did it mainly by using Weight Watchers. In January 2008, I hired a personal trainer to help to start toning me up! She was wonderful! She gave me a love of Kettlebells that I'll never forget! The only draw back was that she wasn't a fan of Weight Watchers and she wanted me on a different diet. So, I reluctantly agreed. In the course of a couple of months I went from 185 up to 195. Granted, I was building muscle but it was really, really frustrating to me to not see the numbers go down.

In April 2008, the trainer moved away. This was a bitter sweet thing for me as she was my accountability for going to the gym, but I really hated the diet and wanted to get back to Weight Watchers, only that never happened.

Hubby & I are wedding photographers and we travel a LOT! Road food is not diet-friendly, neither is wedding cake...lol. So, since April 2008 until now, I have crept back up to around 215 (I'm not for sure what it is as we are in the middle of a 2 month roadtrip and I don't have a scale with me). Before we left, I was at 212.

So here I am, frustrated and disappointed in myself! Once I kissed 200 goodbye and said HELLO to 199 (November 2007), I SWORE I would never see 200 pounds on the scale ever again! I look back at my progress pictures at 189 pounds and I remember how together my body was looking. I held myself differently.

I feel as if I'm starting all over again (I guess in a sense I am, though I am not even near my starting weight of 262 pounds) I love, love, love Weight Watchers and I am just really itching to jump back in it. My willpower is not as great as it was 2 years ago, but I have no doubt that I can get back to how it once was. I am taking Kettlebells back up again (it is AMAZING for body toning/cardio) and I have taken up boxing as well.

I'm excited to be back here and jumping back into this journey!

PS, my avatar picture is me at 235 pounds (when I first started) and me at 185 (my lowest weight to date). A combination of Weight Watchers and Kettlebells did that to me and I can't wait to get back there and then some!!!

Last edited by LondonJulz; 07-13-2009 at 03:03 AM.
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Welcome back, Julie!! From one starting over Queen to another.... glad to see ya again!!!

Let me tell ya a bit about my story... My name is Chrissy. In January 2006 I started WW at 224lbs. By June 2006 I was down to 180lbs, and then I let stresses of life "convince" me that I could at least maintain that loss without keeping track. I couldn't and my weight slowly crept back up past my starting weight to 235lbs. I've started over again on WW more times than I can count. I'd be real dedicated for two or three days and then I'd fall back off again. Until about a month ago when I got my motivation back and starting remembering all the things I did back in 2006 to help me work the program. Planning and accountability... that's what I needed. So I started coming back to 3FC every few days and planning out my weekly menu. I think that's why I've been able to stick to the plan for more than a few days this time.

I'm glad to be back at 3FC getting the support I need and I'm glad to see you're back too!! Here's my hoo-rah for us... that we go from being Queens of starting over to being the Queens of making it work
Chrissy1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back Julie! and you are by no means the start over queen... and I mean that in the most positive way. I think we all hold a place on that throne

well I will intorduce myself also, my name is Nancy and I begain my weight loss journy 5 years ago and started around 190ish (I was terrifed to actually weigh myself) I tried several types of diets and lost down to 150. then like others who have and will go before me I slacked off and of course gained back kup to 183, then lost down to 154 again then back up to 175 and hence this last round I am on now. But this time I am more determined than ever to journal, exercise and come here for support. I too enjoy weights but have never tried kettle balls you will have to tell me more about them.

anyway welcome hope you post often. we like to share around here
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/174.6/160

Height: 5'7

Welcome Julie!! Congrats on making the decision to CONTINUE your weight loss journey. We've all gotten lost at times, but its' great you're back! My name is Katie and I am 24 years old. I first did WW in January 2007 (at 181) and by June was at 160. I maintained for awhile, crept up a bit last spring and summer, then had a very rough year this year (job stress, lost a family member) and suddenly I was up to 183! I joined here in May and really began working at this in June. Having a slowww time of it compared to last time (amazing how much your metabolism begins going down hill in your twenties!), but the support here is great!
katier is offline   Reply With Quote