3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   Beginning Weight Watchers again (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/171600-beginning-weight-watchers-again.html)

katier 05-13-2009 07:10 AM

Beginning Weight Watchers again

I am a former WW girl fallen off the wagon for a few years and back up to my pre WW weight. I am ready for a change and finally accept that though counting can get annoying, it WORKS for me. I am beginning today at home with the Flex points program and would love some WW buddies to hold me accountable for my point usage etc.

JanetG 05-13-2009 08:02 AM

I'm in. I have had some great success on Weight Watchers, but have not had success findig a meeting that I click with. I am frustrated and wanting to get re-focused, but can't seem to get it going for more than a day or two. So today it is!

Chrissy1175 05-13-2009 10:33 AM

Count me in!!!

I am also a fallen weight watchers alum. I lost in 2006 and have gained it all back plus. I've started the program over and over and over more times than I can count. My motivation lasts less than a week and I'm back where I was. Last night I had a ah-ha moment and I realized I was ready to start again. So today's the day.

katier 05-13-2009 01:00 PM

I am planning on weighing myself in Wednesdays only and having that be my week to week plan. So far so good with my points today!! How are you doing?

Lissus 05-15-2009 02:37 PM

coming back to WW myself, so you're not alone. Lost almost 40lbs 4 years ago right before I moved cross country. It's all back now, and I want it gone again.

BTW.. lived in New England most of my life.Bawstin born and bred gurl here. California just cant compare... but we've got better winters :P

Tracy 05-15-2009 04:30 PM

I JUST STARTED WW AGAIN TODAY!:goodluck: to all of us:)
I just got my new digital sale yesterday.I am 13 lbs more than I thought.:(

katier 05-15-2009 08:29 PM

Trust me Tracy, we all have those moments. I went Monday to buy job interview clothes because I had outgrown mine. It took HOURS AND HOURS to find a pair of pants that fit me properly because my body had changed so much since last summer when I last bought clothes for this purpose. Sooo sad. I plan to weigh in Wednesdays if you are interested in supporting one another!

nancylmrn 05-15-2009 11:09 PM

well chickies I too had an ah ha moment and I am starting tomorrow...going to try core this time instead of flex ...I think I need variety? I am ready to motivate and be motivated

katier 05-16-2009 12:07 AM

Would you guys like to join in the Wednesday weigh in?

PinkyPie 05-16-2009 05:48 AM

yay! glad to see so many coming back to WW! I love it and I too keep coming back. I struggle with myself, not the program; the program works!!!

I go to meetings but not because it's a great meeting. I just like checking in with my leader, I like the accountability to her and me and then I go home and get my support from people like you guys!!

plenty of chicks to support you all!

tenderbaby 05-16-2009 07:03 AM

yeah,i start today as well..I used to be WWgirl as well,but the last month really fell off the wagon...So,on with it again!

Tracy 05-17-2009 09:11 AM

I would be intrested in Wednesdays weigh in

sunflower37 05-18-2009 12:07 AM

Hi, I am starting again from home today also. I lost 55 pounds 2 years ago on WW's at home only to go back to my old ways and gain it all right back plus more. A size 6 to a 20 is not the best feeling in the world and thats where I am at. So yes I would love to be included in a weekly Wednesday weigh in and I am happy to be back and moving forward.

BlazeStarr 05-18-2009 12:21 AM

I joined WW online last week for the 7 day free trial, but my old computer just can't handle the technical things. Didn't find it that helpful, anyway. I'm new to 3FC's & will be glad for the support. Did food inventory today & did some shopping for fresh fruits, etc. Also started my journal. Have had some health issues & ballooned up 25 additional pounds in just two months. At 57, I've ruined my metabolism with yo-yo dieting, and ready for fresh, healthier start. No more Adkins. Hope to visit with you ladies often, hopefully with progress reports!

Kaylee 05-18-2009 12:22 AM

hi all... i lost 80lbs on weight watchers about 5 years back but gainned it all back then some :( but i actually joined like 3 weeks ago and lost 11 lbs so far on the new momentum plan... i have to say it is a good diet... i weigh in an thurdays maybe we can all support each other :) good luck everyone!

katier 05-18-2009 07:57 AM

Yay! I am so happy to have so much good company in the big return to WW. I had a less than perfect weekend because it was my boyfriend's birthday which meant many meals out with friends and family, and also unplanned margaritas late at night:dizzy:
I think though that I still did much better than I would have without the Weight Watchers in the back of my mind, and I plan to behave completely today and tomorrow. We'll see what happens Wednesday!!!

Lissus 05-18-2009 10:35 PM

I"d be interested in a Wednesday weigh in. Count me in :)

Lissus 05-18-2009 10:35 PM

double post. Sorry

nancylmrn 05-18-2009 10:51 PM

Also please check the May weigh in for us at home chickies! we have goal to meet --over 50lbs for the month lol may or may not make it. It is a bit behind on keeping up but I am sure chef's girl will jump on it this week..

as long as we keep focused we will make it...you all are awesome

katier 05-19-2009 07:56 AM

So tomorrow is my first weigh in, but I already had an amazing moment. My aha moment was a week ago when I had a horrible time finding clothes for an interview I got short notice. The pants I got were totally on the loose end intentionally (I am interviewing to be a teacher so I want nothing to hug anything haha). I went to wear them for work today and between whatever weight loss and I am sure the water I was retaining while eating terribly before, the pants were officially too loose to wear! I knew it wouldn't take much for that to happen but it still feels amazing!:carrot:

katier 05-20-2009 06:25 AM

Just weighed myself and I am down 2.2 for the first week. How did everyone else do??

Tracy 05-20-2009 04:00 PM

great!I am down 3lb from last week.I am so glad the scale is moving in the right direction for a change!:spin:

sunflower37 05-20-2009 08:37 PM

Hi Congrats Everyone, I am down 5lbs.
Starting 222
Now 217
Goal 140
Feeling much better!

Lissus 05-21-2009 02:05 AM

3lbs lost this week

katier 05-21-2009 05:33 AM

Awesome job everyone!!!!

Chrissy1175 05-21-2009 11:21 AM

I'm down 1lb. Not as good as I'd hope but better than going up. I think it's time I start adding some exercise to my day. Any sugguestions? It's not in my budget right now to join a gym so I'm looking for at home stuff. :D

Lissus 05-22-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrissy1175 (Post 2750853)
I'm down 1lb. Not as good as I'd hope but better than going up. I think it's time I start adding some exercise to my day. Any sugguestions? It's not in my budget right now to join a gym so I'm looking for at home stuff. :D

Hey.. 1lb is better than a gain!

I saw someone's signature line the other day that said "Lose one pound. Keep it off. - Repeat!"

You did it. Now do it again :D

katier 05-22-2009 07:38 AM

I found out yesterday morning I got a teaching job I wanted very badly!!!!!!! I used more of my extra 35 points that I wanted last night for the celebration dinner, but I actually am super psyched because I now have a specific goal in mind--I want to be down to my pre-gain size by mid-August so when I buy all of my new work clothes they will be that size!! Let the losing continue!

Lissus 05-22-2009 06:26 PM

What a terrific goal to set. How exciting.

My wardrobe is in desperate need of revamping, and I'm currently unemployed but looking to switch careers (yay, I'll get to put some money into comfy clothing when I do) So hopefully.. I'll be on the same track as you soon myself (crosses her fingers for that perfect floral design job)

Best of luck to you. Sending good energies your way :D

katier 05-28-2009 07:17 AM

How did everyone do this week?? I unfortunately gained, but am right back on track as of yesterday and today!

Lissus 05-28-2009 01:41 PM

I'm down about 1.5lbs since last week

Today's weight 195.6. I'm happy, anything that gets me further away from that 200 mark is fine by me :D

Chrissy1175 05-28-2009 11:13 PM

I'm a bit bummed that I gained this week. But I feel this week's gonna go better!

I am however very excited for katier. YEA for you!!! :carrot: Getting a new job is so exciting. I think having the goal to lose before school starts is a wonderful motivation. You're off to a great start!!

And Lissus, I'm in the same boat as you. Well sort of. I'm in the process of trying to switch careers too, only I'm still employed part-time. How great will it feel when we start our new careers AND weigh less. YEA for us!!!

nancylmrn 05-29-2009 04:17 PM

welcome all you newbie's and old timers. the support here is awesome!
Please post often and keep us updated

chilichick 06-02-2009 09:30 AM

I am restarting again as well. It is so easy to fall off the wagon, but easy to dust yourself off and hop back on. what I need to do is take one meal at a time and not get into that " I blew this day/week so I will just eat what I want this day/week". what I like about the plan is that you can eat anything - in moderation.

dancemom 06-03-2009 09:04 PM

Good to know I am not alone!

Am crawling back after trying to find anything else that would be easier and quicker. Guess what? There is no such thing! I am a lifetimer who is 65 lbs. over goal. I am proud that I have stuck to it for THREE WHOLE DAYS!!!!!!!And man, am I HUNGRY! But I lost three pounds already from the initial water weight loss, and I'm hoping to invoke some sort of spirit that will give me willpower! LOL. I cannot afford the meetings currently so I'm giving it a go alone at home. I'm looking forward to touching base with others who are in the same boat!

Lissus 06-05-2009 12:51 AM

I forgot to check in yesterday. All week I've been a day off in my head.

Anyways..been on program all week, with just a few bad choices, but I have a hard time resisting the call of a peppermint mocha. And I'm down another 1.5 this week. Happy dance :carrot:

and I hear ya dancemom, can't afford the meetings myself. But 3FC is a great support group. :)

cpdealer 06-05-2009 04:31 AM

Hey all my name is Donna and I am new to this site but have been a memeber of WW for the last year and a half. I have lost 75lbs so far but have almost 100 more to lose so I am looking for some support between meetings :)

katier 06-05-2009 07:04 AM

Welcome newcomers! The support on this site is amazing! We tend to share our losses on Wednesday on this thread, but also there is a June weight loss thread where all of our weight losses are compiled.

Also, 2 days late reporting here but I was down 1.4 this week!

nancylmrn 06-05-2009 11:32 PM

Its so good to see some of the new faces here! :hug: I can't tell you how many times I have stopped and started again but June is a wonderful month for a commitment.

Katier great job this week on the loss I will update I think this weekend if I get a spare few minutes

WTG Donna on the loss of 75lbs that is just amazing
Lissus don't worry about a few bad choices just keep going..

Yesterday I had a few bad ones myself (gosh I love potstickers! ate 11 of them at 1 pt each) and several glasses of wine....it happens just keep going

Krista 06-06-2009 10:03 AM

I would like to join also! Signed up for the free trial and I am now paying for 3 months and I went to the site twice. Not on a the scale since March it's going to be scarey but I'll start weighing in on Wednesday. Good luck everyone.