Old 02-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/180/150

Height: 5'9

Unhappy I'm new...Please help ladies.

Hi there
So I am currently on LA weight loss and so far I have lost 15 pounds in about 6 weeks. The only problem is that I am not a member of the program because it is just way to expensive, so therefor I can not buy any of there bars or shakes or anything. So I am finding it very difficult to stay on track when I am running out of ideas. I am wishing that I could just go to the grocery store and pick up some bars or shakes. So that is why I have ventured over to this site. It seems that everywhere I go I see weight watchers food!! But like I said I am not able to join because of financial issues. Is there anyway that I could do this by myself at home??
Like what are you supposed to eat in a day? And what are the portions? And just any help that anyone could give me would help me out so so much.
Thank you so much in advance.
shygirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #2  
I can...and I will...

S/C/G: 202/196/160

Height: 5'6"

I completely understand the financial strain. You could go to your local library and see what resources they have available. I started calorie counting and it is free! There are several different sites; The Daily Plate, FitDay, and SparkPeople are the three that I'm aware of. It's is pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

A great number of us who do the ww @ home can not afford to join. There are sites all over the place that will help you determine how many "points" you would be allotted for the day if you want to go this route. Also some great recipes to follow that the entire family will like along with portions. I got my ww kit off ebay and between that and the information from google and here I have managed to stick with it for 8 months. Although my weight loss has been slow I can look at my journaling and can spot the 'why'

Good luck to you and post often!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi! I don't know how tight money is but I would suggest you purchase what you can off ebay of points guides and a food journal. Of course if you can't afford any of that there are a lot of websites with info available and you can make your own food journal. If you want to PM me your email address I have some info I got off of ebay that may be a big help to you. I would be happy to forward you the email, just let me know!
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I have been doing the WW program at home since April 7, 2008, and found all the info I needed online. I get that some people really like or need the meetings, but I lost 40 pounds on my own at home. You can totally do this. Just google things like "how to figure out WW point allotment, WW rules," you know, things like that. I am down to 20 points a day at 144 pounds. It is different for everybody and depends on your current weight, how active you are, exercise, things like that. The WW formula is online too. If you have any problems and need some help starting up, private message me and I will be glad to help you get started.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Also another suggestion I have a 'fake' food journal that lasts me for 7days that I carry in my purse if you want I pm me and I will email it to you.. I print it off each week, with my starting weight, the starting week date and then I keep foods I eat often on it with the point value so I have a quick reference
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote