Old 04-20-2008, 03:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/173/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Coffee sweetener

My one vice is a good cup of coffee in the morning. I've tried Equal and Splenda but I just don't care for the taste. Can any one recommend a good alternative to sugar?

Thanks!

Pam
ppturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #2  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I don't want to sound weird... but what kind of coffee are you drinking? Maybe you just need a better coffee and you won't need the sugar?

I'm not a sugar person myself, but IF I had to use sugar I prefer the real thing to artificial sweetners. How much sugar do you actually use/need in your coffee? Can you not just have it as it's what you really want and count the points?
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:16 AM   #3  
Crunchy hippy mama

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Height: 5'4

I have never had any luck with anything but splenda, and sometimes even that sucks in coffee. If i have spare points I love to put hot chocolate mix in my coffee.
lauralee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 179/173/140

Height: 5'4"

I calculated that I like my coffee with 3 tablespoons of fat free 1/2 & 1/2 and 3 teaspoons of sugar. I think that equates to 1 point. Not bad to have it the way I like it.

Velveteen - I use Boca Java Mocha Java or Ocean Drive. It is good coffee but I just like it on the sweet side.
ppturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Coffee addict here too! I love the Carnation Vanilla Creamer. The regular one equals to 2 points for a large cup of coffee. I recently purchased the Fat Free and Sugar Free version to try which equals out to 1 point. I like the Fat Free better so that is what I use. I just decided to incorporate that favorite thing into my daily plan.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I know you tried the other artificial sweeteners, but have you tried Sweet 'n Low? I put 2 sweet n lows and 1 Equal in my coffee, and it tastes about the same (to me anyway) as the 6 teaspoons of sugar I used to put in my coffee

Oh, I just thought of Stevia. I think low carbers use it.

Last edited by HarpoChicoGroucho; 04-25-2008 at 10:58 PM.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote