Old 04-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #1  

Default Just joined! WW and exercise not working together

Just joined! Hello girl! My Name is Jessie, I'm a happy wife and mother of three. I'm a Missionary living in Mexico but I'm from Minnesota. I truly needs support and help, thus why I have joined. Over a year ago I started losing weight after the birth of my third. I started out at 241 and now I'm down to 209. However I have lost very little over the last 9 months. I started intense workout about 2 1/2 months ago and that is when my weight lose really stopped. People keep telling me that I'm losing weight but gaining muscle and that is why the scale does not tip in my favor. However I've been at this for weeks, exercising five days a week several nights two hours a night. I'm taking classes at a local gym. I feel stronger but still the scale is not moving. I eat my points, the scale does not move. I have no idea what is going on. Has anyone had this problem. Am I working out to much, eating to much, to little??????? :?:?:
BecomingActiveJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #2  

I think maybe you are not eating enough. Are you eating the activity points? I am pretty sure we get 4 a day on exercise days. Your body needs enough fuel to burn/lose weight. Try it for one week and see how it goes.

Mary
MarycleMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarycleMom View Post
I think maybe you are not eating enough. Are you eating the activity points? I am pretty sure we get 4 a day on exercise days. Your body needs enough fuel to burn/lose weight. Try it for one week and see how it goes.

Mary
Welcome Jessie!

The number of activity points you earn is based on the intensity level and length of time of the exercise.

But Mary is right about needing more fuel when you are exercising. Your body i actually repairing itself after exercise (your muscle actually tears and then the tears heal) and it needs fuel in order to do that. I agree, try eating some of those activity points. Also, are you eating any of your flex points?
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #4  

NO, I don't use my points I get from exercising and I don't use my flex points either.
BecomingActiveJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecomingActiveJessie View Post
NO, I don't use my points I get from exercising and I don't use my flex points either.
You should try to use some of your APs and FPs every now and then, especially when you are exercising so much! I would still go with my earlier recommendation. Try to use 1/2 of the APs you earn when you workout. Also, try varying the number of points you eat in a day. For instance, if your target is 22, try 22 one day, 24 another day, 22 the next, then 23, then 25, then 22, etc. If you don't keep changing it up, your body can get used to it and your weight loss may stall.

Also, are you making sure to update your target when you lose weight or have a birthday?
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote