Old 11-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Cool At Home Support Group.....11/11 - 11/18

Morning Girls! Just thought I'd get the new thread up & running!

Have a great Sunday and a great week!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

and I thought I was doing better- feeling all woozy again.

Got on the scale, it's been up and down all week. I think I'm a few pounds up, but don't care too much at the moment.

Whew! I have class this evening, maybe I should go rest. Later, kids.
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Where is everyone?!?!?

Ruthannie and Daph - - hoping that you're both feeling a lot better soon!

Jeanne - - your girls are beautiful! Thank you for sharing about them, it sounds like your family has been through a lot too. Sometimes, when I'm in "poor me" mode it helps to hear that other people have made it through stuff too. Thanks!

Synergy - - Julia has speech difficulties too! Until the last year (she is 7) only her brother and I could understand her. She would get so frustrated and throw such fits. All this time it has probably been her ears. I'm glad to hear that it helps! Her tubes get placed on Wednesday, we're pretty excited!

Julz - - where are you girl?

Keitha - - Hope you're feeling better. Stay busy!

Well, I got on the scale to assess the damage done during the "I don't give a cares" and it was ugly. I gained 10 pounds. BUT...I am already down two of them. I refuse to move my ticker! If I'm not down the rest by 12/1 I'll be moving it UP, which is a really silly, but great, motivator! Since I'll be in the hospital with Travis on Thanksgiving we aren't doing Thanksgiving dinner this year, so I'll be safe there. I remember last year I was on plan even on Thanksgiving Day...where did that determination go? I have had various partners in weight loss as I've gone along, but they all quit on me. One of the things that I loved doing was daily food log emails, it kept me so honest! Would anyone be interested in doing that? I was doing it with my ex's aunt, but she quit on me and that's about when I quit being as honest with myself. If anyone is interested let me know and we can private message email addresses.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

HELLO HELLO hello hello
That was my best impersonation of an echo!

Things have really slowed down on here the past few weeks! I'm a part of that though - I haven't been posting a whole heck of a lot. No reason really, just been busy with the getting settled bit. I got a job today at Macy's!! I'm really excited about that. It's just part time in the evenings and some weekends, enough to get me out of the house for a few hours and around other adults. Plus, some extra income and a good employee discount at Macy's! yay! AND, I'll be starting winter intercession classes with college in December and then Spring semester starts in January! I'm really excited about that!

I was down a pound last week (after I ballooned up to 209 with TOM and all the havoc he brought with him) . So, I'm at 205. I have 199 in my sights and I want it so bad!!!!! That's another good thing about having a job - I'll be on my feet, constantly moving, and I won't have a kitchen within 15 feet of me to go grazing in.

Mom2QJandT - I like your idea of the food log. I know that over in the Biggest Loser Challenge, one of the teams keeps their food logs on their own thread. So then they're accountable to the entire team. Would this be a possible idea for this WW @ Home group?? No worries with your weight though. You've been through a LOT the past few months! I'm with you on not moving your ticker up.... that's great motivation.

Jar - your girls are beautiful!!! What a story though! My heart absolutely sank when I read it, of course it had a happy ending - but I can barely handle it when one of my baby's get sick - I can't imagine having to go through something like that. God is good.[/B]

I hope you are all doing wonderfully!! I'm going to make myself post more. I think I was feeling guilty after Halloween (all that candy!), and I didn't make my Halloween Goal, and didn't feel so motivated anymore. (yep, the one thing that I teased people about doing [not posting due to guilt] I am now guilty of!... ) So, I'm needing some motivation again - to see me through to ONEderland (and then some!). I've got New Years Goals that I want to meet SOOOOOOOOOOOO badly!!! I know that posting here as much as I used to was a great motivator! So, I'm gearing up to do that again (hope you all can handle it! lol )

Last edited by LondonJulz; 11-13-2007 at 04:49 PM.
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/139/152

Height: 5'5'

Hello Ladies hope you are all good
Just popped in to say hello to all you great losers
well its late and I need to go to bed have a good day everyone
INVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #6  
jeanne

Morning everyone! Where is everyone? YOU GUYS BETTER NOT BE SULKING.........C'MON........GET OFF THOSE DARN COUCHES AND GET MOVING!!!!!!!!:kickb utt: lol! Just kidding of course! (kinda)!

Well, just wanted to stop in and tell everyone hi! Hope you are all fine!
Have a great day! I'm going to re-vamp my diet (again) today! Add some more protien, less sugars, more water and a little more activity! Hopefully!

Talk to you soon!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar1965 View Post
Morning everyone! Where is everyone? YOU GUYS BETTER NOT BE SULKING.........C'MON........GET OFF THOSE DARN COUCHES AND GET MOVING!!!!!!!!:kickb utt: lol! Just kidding of course! (kinda)!
LOL... yep.... just what I needed. I have been sulking the past couple of weeks (since halloween.... ate too much candy= didn't reach my mini-goal = disappointment = woe is me ) But I am back now. I'm over it. I made a big mistake, I've owned up to it and I'm moving on. If I could only get the hubby to STOP making chocolate chip cookies EVERY STINKIN NIGHT! It's not the cookies... it's the cookie dough! I tell him to stop making them because I can't stay out of the dough. He says "just don't eat it" I am a woman.... do not tell me to "just don't eat it". Grrrrrr... MEN!

So, now I'm off for the day - to face the cookies in the kitchen Luckily I have an appointment today on campus. That'll get me away from here for a couple of hours.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Last edited by LondonJulz; 11-14-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #8  
going thin

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'3

Default I Have Been Lost!

OK! So officially I am back in the game. No Excuses! I have been back and forth several times and got really really sick. Some of you may remember me. I was being tested for Lymphoma. I had surgery in September and it turns out it is not Lymphoma. YEAH! I do however have something called Sarcoidosis. It is an auto immune disorder that attacks organs and shuts them down. Apparently it was attempting to shut down my Respiratory system but all has been well now for awhile. I had an appointment (hopefully my last for awhile last Friday and somewhat got a clean bill of health for now.
Anyway enough with the issues!! Point is I am back and so ready to lose weight. I have to check my tracker and such but I think I am still on track or at the same that I was awhile ago.

So here is my question! What low point item do you have in your cupboards that you just can't live without? I really need to clean out my cupboards and restock with some good stuff. I honestly do not care for the 100 calorie pack snacks but it is because I have no self control and think I can eat two packs.
stengel150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #9  

Hi all-thought I'd stop in and say hi! I've been doing good, and have a stressful week ahead of me-wish me luck!

The one low point thing in my cupboard I can't live without is my popcorn! I air pop it myself (never really cared for the microwave stuff). I eat it all the time-in fact, I think I'll go pop some right now to take with me to class tonight!
Sister of the groom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #10  

My low-point thing is Apple Cinnamon Rice Cakes. I think it's 1 point per rice cake. If I'm having the munchies I acutally like them. I HATE the regular rice cakes, but the Apple Cinnamon actually taste pretty good!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #11  
Restart Date 1.02.08

S/C/G: 225.8/213.8/145

Greetings Girlies

Tracy: Glad to see your back with us. I am so glad you have a clean bill of heatlh, just remember to take care of yourself. Popcorn for me too, I just love the stuff.

Ruthannie: I hope you are feeling better soon.

London: Congrats on your loss!!!! I too love the apple cinamon cakes...there yummy!!!

Mom2QJ&T: I don't even want to get on the scale after being sick this past week. Congrats on your 2 pounds gone!!!!

As for me, I am feeling much better. I am still stuffed up and still having slight headaches, but better than last week. Unfortunately, my husband has now got the crud and he never gets sick. I probably won't exercise for the next few days just to be safe, but I will get back with it soon. I don't even want to know what the scale says this week or next week for that matter.

Have a great day ladies
Dale Junior Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: SW 202/CW 192.6/GW 150

Height: 5'5"

Default Trying again

Hi! I'm Tricia. I've been on WW's before and it was successful, but eventually slipped back into bad habits. Well, I'm at my highest weight ever and WW is the only thing that has truly worked for me in the past, so I decided to start up again. I'm going to try doing it from home this time and hopefully I'll stick with it. I'm tired of being the fat girl in my group of friends which is part of my motivation. I also have my brother's wedding coming up in May...don't want to be the only fat girl in the wedding party. And I want to feel sexy again!!! I am a true food lover...love to cook, love to eat!! I'm going to need a lot of support!!!

My low point item I can't live without: Fit & Acitve Peanut Butter/Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches!!!! Only 2pts!!!!!! Great if you crave sweets after dinner like me!!!!!

Last edited by pgreier; 11-15-2007 at 11:48 AM. Reason: wanted to answer a question.
pgreier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Just real fast, the things I can't live without...

String Cheese 2 pts
WW snack cakes 1 pt
100 Calorie Pack Microwave Popcorn 2 pts
All Bran Bars 2 pts.
Yoplait Light Yogurt Smoothies 1 pt
WW ice cream bars 2 pts
Grapes 1 pt
Diet Cranberry Juice **Free** (in certain serving sizes)
South Beach Diet chicken wrap and chicken salad lunches (varies in pts, but all are low)

I'll be back later to post for real
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #14  
Debbie

S/C/G: 296/218/160

Height: 5'3"

Default WW veteran here...

Hi, y'all. I've been doing WW online. I started at 296, and this week I was 215. I'm looking for a new support site, and this place looks so great. There are several boards here that fit me. I don't go to meetings cause I'm homebound, so my computer is my link to the outside world. I hope I can make this place my new home.
Craftyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #15  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Newbies! As I tell everyone we have a great support group here. I just realized I hadn't posted in here at all this week. Busy as usual. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Right now I'm in a hotel in Richmond.

Favorite low pt snacks:
bananas (2pts)
100 calorie packs--lorna doone, alpha bits, peanut butter, graham crackers,
wheat thins (2 pts)
light n fit yogurt (1 pt)
yoplait light yogurt (2 pts)
sf pudding (1 pt)
sf jello (0 pt)
south beach wraps--all flavors (4 pts)
cottage cheese doubles (3 pts)
baked cheetos (3 pts)
baked cheddar & sour cream (2 pts)
100 calorie chocolate (2 pts)
rice krispie treats (2 pts)

I could go on forever. I am always looking for low pt snacks.

Last edited by Shay; 11-15-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote