Old 09-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 9/17 - 9/23

Starting the post for the week. Here's what I just posted on last week's thread:

Carla - so, how did you do on our challenge? I ended up getting up early but my back was barking so I did some yoga. Nope, latkes are on Hanukkah. Rosh Hashanah doesn't really have one particular dish, but always has something sweet (with honey) for a sweet New Year. At my mom's that's some apple dipped in honey and my mom's honey cake. Yum!

Starlet - that's a great first week. Congratulations!

Ruthannie - Congratulations on exercising and journalling everything! Good for you for trying to focus on things other than that darned number on the scale! I think it's a good idea to see if you want to adjust your goal. Your mentioning it just sent me to the calendar to think about mine.

I did get to my meeting on Saturday although I didn't get on the scale. It was a tough week with the holidays and I just didn't want to see the number. I can tell from my clothes that I gained more. The good thing is that I felt better after the meeting and have decided to go back to points. In the past, the Core program helped me with snackiness and I always felt better eating the whole-type foods. I really didn't stick to it and so it just made me feel more out of control. I had a pretty good day yesterday even though we had Chinese food for dinner. I had hot & sour soup, 1/2 and egg roll and chicken and broccoli which is fairly low point. My rings were really tight this morning but I've been trying to drink a lot of water. I'm concentrating on staying within my points (using as few flex points as possible), getting in all my milks (water and fruits & veggies aren't problems), and getting in a bit more activity than usual. I'm planning on getting up early tomorrow morning for some yoga (Tony and I took a walk this morning and I did a weights workout in the afternoon) and may do something when I get home, depending on how much work I have to do.

This week poses a couple of challenges. We're going out to dinner with my parents on Tuesday but we're going to a seafood restaurant so as long as I can stay out of the bread basket, I'll be fine. Friday evening is dinner at my mom's before Yom Kippur starts. To break the fast on Saturday evening, we have bagels and "appetizing" - salty but not too bad. I won't be able to officially weigh in because I usually go on Saturday mornings but I may check on it unofficially, or see about going Thursday after work.

Have a great week!
Judy
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

well.... I've been avoiding posting my weigh-in this morning, but I do need to stay accountable. I knew the scales would not look upon me and smile today - but - they did look at me and shake their head.....

I am up 2 pounds this week to 217. However, I'm back OP with a vengence! We got an exercise ball last night and tried it out, it's actually kind of fun! And, I got to go walking again last night - it felt SO good to actually sweat again! So, next week - I am SO going to be UNDER 215. I'm still going for my Halloween Goal - so I have some making up to do......
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/209/160

Height: 5'4"

Weighed in this morning and down another 4 pounds (making that 10 in total)
So that is making me in a pretty good mood today LOL
Starlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Woo hoo! Down 2 more (since Monday) to 260! I actually was at 263.5 last Friday, so the total since last week is 3.5!

Guess the extra exercise is paying off- that and limiting tv hours in the evening, which thereby lowers the snack quotient.
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hurray!!! Im down 3lbs this week..
IMNOTQUITINGTHISTIME is offline   Reply With Quote