Old 09-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 9/3 - 9/9

I finally weighed in officially and faced the 3.2 pound gain. So much for my figuring I could lose it by myself without "facing the music" each week. I learned that lesson in the past and I guess it was time to re-learn it! ;-)

I didn't get the kindergarten leave replacement. I finally found out when I called Thursday morning (!) and felt both disappointed and relieved. As it was a beautiful day, I went to my parent's pool and went into school on Friday to start setting up my room. I still have plenty to do but I should have time. School for teachers starts tomorrow but I don't know if I'll get any pay until Thursday. The district meeting is tomorrow morning and while I'll go, I don't get paid for it. There's a luncheon back at our school being given by the new principal which is very nice of her. Of course, that might provide a challenge but more about that later. Unless we work on schedules, I don't think I can "book" any time. There's a meeting for reading teachers on Thursday (the day the kids start) that I will get paid for and another one on Wednesday morning (don't know if I get paid for that one.) This is the part of the part-time teaching position that stinks. In any case, I'm sure there will be time to finish setting up my part of the room.

I decided to do at least a week of the Core program. I was thinking about it on the way to my meeting - I've been snacking too much at night and on some empty calories. In the past, Core has cut down on cravings and has also made me feel, well, healthy. When I got to my meeting, a woman I know had a very successful week on Core (having been on a plateau for a while) and that sealed it. I've done OK, even with going out to dinner yesterday (a Greek seafood place.) I used a bunch of weekly points over the weekend but don't plan on using many today. Lunch is the question mark tomorrow - I don't know what the principal will be providing but I have 17 weekly points left for the week and plan on getting some kind of workout in tomorrow - most likely after work.

I did a great cardio/weights workout today and earned a whole bunch of APs. I hope I can keep up the boost in activity once work starts. I'm sure the new schedule will take some getting used to. I pretty much had back-to-back periods last school year, ending around lunchtime with a couple of extra periods for one-on-ones. This year, it looks like my sessions will be spread out throughout the day, including 1st period and last period, with a bunch of unpaid time in-between. My plan is to use those free periods to do my lesson planning so I don't have to take any work home.

The rest of the afternoon will probably be spent flipping between the Yankee game and the US Open Tennis matches.

Happy Labor Day!
Judy

Last edited by JudySP; 09-03-2007 at 01:31 PM.
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey Judy,

Oh well, live and learn I guess on the weight gain. (I get kind of aggravated when I have to KEEP learning the lesson.)

I can relate to the part-time, schedules that spread out and the time not paid (or waiting for pay). Since I teach as an adjunct (althought this semester I have more than a full time course load), I sometimes end up with blocks of time where I am too far from home to go there and too little time to do anything much else. One of the colleges I work for doesn't pay me until the END of September (we started on the 22nd)! Fortunately, the other pays 2x a month and at the end of the 2 weeks or so you just taught. Of course, when you teach, there is always a lot of upfront and prep work that is necessary, but not "paid" in the usual sense. Since colleges actually pay "salary" and not hourly- sometimes it seems like I am working constantly preparing for classes, even though I'm only in the classroom some 22 hours a week.

Anyway, sorry about the job (could be a blessing in the long run). Good Luck with the beginning of school too.
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:00 PM   #3  

I weighed yesterday and had about a 1/2 pound down. It's been a munchy week. Hope it goes better this next one.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Sorry I went MIA again. It's been hectic.

Judy - Sorry to hear about the gain. I've avoided the scale this week too. I'm also sorry about the kindergarten job, but if you're feeling relief as well as disappoint, it will probably turn out to be for the best. I've been thinking about doing Core too; although I have to get my act together first (plan menus and actually do some grocery shopping) and that just became a little harder. More on that later. I have to do something though because I just have not been eating right, especially given my diabetes. Your schedule sounds really dis-jointed this year. It's too bad you have to hang around school for unpaid time, especially since it's eating up a whole day. I hope you're able to use some of that downtime for yourself in some way.

I've just been in this awful funk lately. Well, for a long time lately, but it ebbs and flows. I didn't help that my period was over a week late and I had PMS that whole week. I've been bad about everything: eating, exercise (ha - like I'm ever good about that), watching my carbs, monitoring my sugar levels. I have got to snap out of this and fast. As for getting my act together having just got harder: they asked me to take on some additional responsibilities at work. It will mean going from two days in the office to four days and I jumped right into this week. I am going to miss those days at home. And of course my house is a wreck, I have no routines in place, etc. etc. and boom - my free time lessens overnight. Ah well, it will be a good thing and I think that having some more challenges at work will help with the funk. Now I just have to see what they're going to do about my salary. Since I work for the church, it will mean an increase from nearly nothing to next to nothing, but hopefully it will be enough to allow us to save and to lessen the financial strain of me not working full time. Which should also help with the funk. To make up for the pay, I have a lot of flexibility, which is worth a lot to me. It means I can be a reading buddy in Ana's classroom, work my schedule around her's etc. So it's all good.

Have a fantastic weekend. I'll be on more regularly next week. It helps me a lot to be here.

Carla
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #5  
Optimist

S/C/G: 267/222/150

Height: 5 ft 5¼ in

I've lost 2 lbs. this week! Go Me!!!
Sammi711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Ruthannie - Didn't mean to ignore you last night. I think I was half asleep when I posted. Congrats on the 1/2 pound. Any movement in the right direction is great.

Sammie Congrats on the 2 lbs. Great work!

Carla
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/209/160

Congrats Sammi, great job!

I started on Wednesday, I'm down 6 pds already. I'm really happy!
Starlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #8  

's ok carla- i understand too about avoiding the scale. i stepped on this morning and it was up a bit, but i think TOM is like any minute.

starlet- wow, you're on a roll! whoo hoo!

sammi too- yay you!

have a good rest of weekend you guys!