Old 05-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

Default Points question

Do you have to use your exercise points and your weekly flex points? Sometimes I do, sometimes I dont. Last week I didnt use any flex points at all becuase I didnt need to but despite my hard work the scale hasnt budge at all! I know I need to be patient but even a quarter of a pound would make me happy at this point. So I am wondering if not using these points has something to do with it? Thoughts?
Briza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Briza - My workouts consist of half hour walks, earning 1 measly point! So I don't usually take it. If I do something to earn 2 or more points for exercise in the day, then I usually use some of them. If you are exercising, your body needs more fuel. It could be that you didn't get enough and that was why you didn't lose. You should discuss this with your leader as well. Good luck!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/200/170

Height: 5'6"

I love the ww plan and my daughter lives on it - but when I tried to do it I couldn't lose anything unless I cut my points almost in half. No kidding. I was so faithful to it for a month and I lost nothing. Then I started cutting way back on points and I finally started to lose on it. I ended up losing about 50 pounds on it, but only if I kept my points under 15 a day and when I started I was supposed to be able to have up to 29!! I know that some believe that it will work better if you have more points one day and less the next and so forth, to keep your metabolism moving around!????
debylynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Yes debylynne, if you keep your body "guessing" as to what it is getting for the day, it helps your metabolism. If you eat the same thing everyday or the same amount of points, your body can get used to it.

What were you eating for those 15 points a day? What you eat matters just as much as how much you were eating
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

Well I got on the scale this morning and it actually went down 3 1/2 lbs. I couldnt believe it. It is def a good idea for me to vary on what I am eating and the amount of points I eat a day. Its so funny because I was looking at my journal last night and one day I would have 25 points and then two days later just 16. How can I be so hungry one day that I need 25 points and two days later I only need 16. I am also going to try to take in less salt and carbs and more protein. Hopefully that will help out.
Briza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:46 AM   #6  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

I try to eat different amounts of points every day, and it seems to work for me. I try to use all my exercise points most of the time.
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

If you're needing to cut the alotted points in half in order to lose, it might be an indication of a thyroid problem. It would be a good idea to get that checked. If you're eating tons of 0 point foods or incredibly high fiber foods, it's possible you're just getting a lot of bang for your buck (er, point?) calorie wise, but if you're really having to eating under 1000 calories per day in order to lose, that's a pretty sluggish metabolism unless you're bedridden.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 226/221.8/170

Height: 5'5"

I don't use the exercise points. I figure that exercise in and of itself is a bonus and that I don't want to take away from my exercise by eating the same calories I just burned. I think that 35 flex points for a week is a lot of extra food. I am surprised that the other gal is only eating 15 points per day - that is only 750 cals! You are starving yourself. Agree with above that you need to be consistant. If you eat approx 1300 cals per day and exercise at least 3-5 times per week, the cals in vs cals out will yield results. Just don't give up!
PurdueGirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

Everyone is different. I have better loses when I eat my AP's, otherwise ny body thinks we are in starvation mode and hangs on to every lb for dear life.
You will just to have to try it and see what works best for you.
MrsCJ is offline   Reply With Quote