Old 01-31-2007, 06:27 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 1/29 - 2/4

Badmojo - I feel your pain. I really have to kick up the exercise again too. Jumping rope is great - tough though. Once my cold is better, I'm going to kick it up again.

Not much time to post. I just wanted to start the thread for the week. I've been doing OK eating wise but my cold is back with a vengeance so while I did some exercise over the weekend, yesterday I came home and went to bed. I'm going to try to get to yoga class today but I'll see how I feel after work.

Have a great week!
Judy
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Wow, it's quiet in here.

Catching up from last week:

Ann - Congratuations on a great loss.

Kate - Welcome. You've been doing great!

badmojo - Hope that water has left you.

Judy - Sorry to hear about the small gain. It will be off in no time. I hope your toe is better and that your cold goes away soon.

I'm posting a 2 lb loss this week, added to a 1.2 pound loss last week, so for now I'm chugging along. I really want to drop into the 250s before my next dr's. appt. on Feb. 26 and if I keep up this pace, I will. It's cold here - just 1 degree right now and the high today will only be 21. So glad I get to work outside this afternoon and evening..... Thank goodness it's only for 15 minutes at a time.

Have a great day.

Carla
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Judy, I hope you feel better. I've had a cold this week too and I can't seem to shake it.

Carla, congratulations on the 2-pound loss. Good job!

I lost 4 pounds this week, so I'm at 207. Eight pounds away from Onederland and 5 pounds away from having a BMI that's "overweight" instead of "obese." Lots of milestones coming up, and I can't wait to pass them and move on to new ones!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/182/160

Height: 5'6"

I have alot of water retension, to much for my age. I think I am going to have to go on a CHF diet or something that has like 3 grams of sodium in a day or something! There are so many foods that have hidden sodium, unbelievable! I am going to the gym 3 days a week after sitting at my desk all day, doing like 25 minutes of treadmill, at variant grades, to kick it up alot! I then do a stairmaster machine for 12 or more minutes, so by the time I am leaving there, I'm sweating some bullets. I haven't worked up a good sweat in a long time. Feels good, but Im crabby because the inches can't come off fast enough, so I ended up eating some more points today, mac and cheese, some comfort food. I am really wanting to jump my metabolism a bit. If anyone is in the 24 point range a day, get intouch with me, get some food ideas to. I am having trouble dealing with the fact that the weight isn't coming off fast enough, and I know I need to get over it!!

Anyhow, if anyone has a desk job monday through friday, your my buddy, you know what secretary spread is. It's hard to get it off! I guess Im just not sure how many days a week I should be sweating! I measured myself last sunday everywhere, and I will weigh in sunday am for sure. I am hoping to see some results, but I think it took me 3 weeks last time before I started to see inches melt away.
badmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:39 PM   #5  

Hey, has anyone joined curves, and what do you think about it? I think I would need something more impact than that!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Judy - Hope you are feeling better!

Cece - Great Loss!

Lisa - I am so proud of you, you are just so close to ONEderland and to some great stuff! Keep up the good work!

I lost 1.5 this week. Not bad, not great. It's really getting hard as the weight isn't just falling off like it had for so long. I'm getting a little discouraged as I really want to be in ONEderland soon (it's possible that in the near future I'll be meeting my boyfriend's kids and I don't want them to think I'm fat and frumpy). Not sure why I've struggled so much lately, but I'm ready for a good week.

Have a great week everyone and don't forget to root for the COLTS on Sunday!!!!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Lisa - Great loss! Congratulations! You'll be in onderland in no time.

Jenny - Try to find satisfaction in how good you feel after you exercise and eat right. The inches and the pounds will come off.

Mom2 - Congratulations on a great loss! You'll be in onderland soon. As for rooting for the Colts - I'll be too busy rooting for my Bears!

I've had a pretty good week. I'm looking forward to a relatively quiet weekend. We'll watch the game on Sunday at my mom's house. She's making chile and I'll bring a low-fat dip of some sort. Other than that, there won't be a lot of snacks, so it should be easy to control my eating. For the rest of the weekend we'll just be trying to stay warm as it will be in the single digits here and maybe even below zero.

Have a great weekend.

Carla
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #8  

Good morning
I am still retaining some water, I am up still 4 pounds of water weight, exercising each day. My prescription water pills will come in the mail today I hope. I have been drinking boatloads of water tho, but not helping to fast here. I won't weight in this am, seems only counter productive right now. I know the exercise will catch up, and the water will come off sooner or later.

Have a good week and exercise!

Jenny
Old 02-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #9  

OH, if anyone hasn't seen the weight watcher cook book, it's fab! It's the "new complete cookbook" over 500 recipes. WE tried the chicken breasts with apple and onion, it's to die for! Tonight we are trying the orange crusted chicken, but instead using breast meat instead of thighs.

Hey, I am not sure, but how does exercise work with the points, I either forgot, or threw out the thing that tells you about exercise vs points. I am finding that the daily point allowance on some days, is hard to follow since I have been working out.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #10  

Mom2 - congratultions on that great loss! Carla and I have known each other for a long time so I will be rooting for her Bears but I hope you enjoy your team!

Carla - Sounds like a good situation for watching the game today. Tony got some pretzels and peanuts which don't usually tempt me. We're making the WW turkey chili for tonight and I have some veggies and a yummy jalapeno hummous for dip. I'm rooting for your Bears - which is nice because usually I don't bother to watch the game, just check the numbers after each quarter for Tony's box ;-) We're in the deep freeze here too although not as cold as it is by you. We were in the 'teens this morning and I don't think it's supposed to be more than that today or tomorrow.

Jenny - I agree with Carla about feeling good about what you are doing for your health. I've always found the WW cookbooks to be very good. Tony and I have always like the recipes we've tried. It's great that you are trying new dishes - it help keep the food boredom away. As for the points and activity, the activity points finder is pretty necessary since the points you earn are based on the time you exercise, the intensity of the exercise and your weight. Is there anyone you know who goes to a meeting that might get you one? If you are really working up a sweat, you are probably earning an activity point or two, but it's hard to know exactly without the activity points finder.

I did not make it to my meeting yesterday. The cold got worse at work on Thursday and I stayed home Friday with a bit of a fever. The congestion moved down to my chest Friday night and yesterday I had that awful, painful cough that tells me I have a touch of bronchitis. When I went to the podiatrist on Thursday after work for my toe, he said that he thought there was a bit of an abcess (sp?) left and put me on 7 days of antibiotic. I figure that will help the bronchitis too so I've been resting, taking cough and cold medicine and hoping I get over this quickly. I feel microscopically better today but I'm pretty sure I'll be home again tomorrow. No exercise of course. My eating on Thursday night was very much emotional "woe is me" kind of snacking (I won't go into the gory details) but that's over at this point. Yesterday, Tony and I decided to get Chinese ( I wanted hot and sour soup) but I had a pretty low point meal. I had a cup of the soup, 2 steamed dumplings, 1/2 c rice and 1/2 c chicken and broccoli which is very low point. All in all not bad and very satisfying but of course my rings are tight today.

Have a great Sunday,
Judy
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote