WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Default WW food products sold at meetings....

...do any of you buy them? I've looked a couple times but it's all so expensive. Just wondering if any of the stuff was that good!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

I find the 'processed' and 'packaged' foods leave me yearnng for something else. I do occassionally buy some of the stuff to keep in my 'safe' drawer at work for those times that I just can't get the 'vending machine call' out of my head.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

They're all too expensive, but sometimes they'll have a sale or have something I want to try, so I've bought them occasionally. Personally...

I hate the shakes
love the pretzels
like the s'more bars (but they taste a little too "burnt" to be really good)
love the chewy candies (the only thing I buy regularly).
Old 10-08-2006, 02:21 AM   #4  
Kelly M

Thanks for the info....I saw pretzels similar to the WW ones at Costco this week. Not honey mustard flavor, but like an "everything" flavor like everything bagels with poppyseeds, sesame seeds, and maybe garlic on them? Anyway, super large bag for like $5. They are "sliced" like the WW pretzels look on the box. Did not compute the points, however. Any large bags of products that I purchase, like baked chips, pretzels, etc., I open when I get home and measure/weigh into individual servings in ziploc bags. I write the points on the outside of the bag so they're all ready to go.

I don't usually purchase the individually prepackaged stuff like they sell at WW, so I appreciate the info on what's good and what isn't, just in case I decide to give it a try!
Old 10-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I haven't bought them either. I find them a bit spendy myself. The only thing I "may" try is the 2 pt bars but I know the Rice Krispie bars you buy at the store are 2 pts too and that would probably satisfy any sweet jones that I may have at the moment. Right now it hasn't been an issue
Old 10-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5'4

Lightbulb

I've tried the :

Candies= Good but you can get the same effect from chewing gum.
Mint Chocolate Crisp Bars- Good..especially heated up in the microwave for 20 seconds (not worth the $6 a box thought)
Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast bar- Really good, especially heated up in the microwave for 20 seconds.
The only thing I think I would splurge on.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I liked the caramel chocolate bars but found them a bit pricey. I used to buy them when they went on sale (which isn't often ) and keep them in my drawer at work as a treat.

Nowadays I buy one really good dark chocolate bar and keep that in my stash along with dried fruit, dates, nuts and instant oatmeal.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:06 AM   #8  
Kelly M

Thanks again, everyone! As I sit in the meeting I can't get past the huge 4" by 6" price tags for like $7.50 on the items. I don't know that I could convince myself to buy any of it!

I bought a 30 pack box of Kudos at Sams the other day for about $6....and they're two points a piece,and my family can eat them too without me freaking out! I don't eat that stuff often, but I still don't want to spend an arm and a leg on it!
Old 11-11-2006, 07:39 AM   #9  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

Height: 5'7"

i like the creamy chocolate smoothy and the chocolate mint bars, but man, they are expensive... although i have found that drinking the smoothy at 7:30 in the morning will hold me for quite a while in the morning. i don't like the chewy candies... blech...

but at walmart i bought the chocolate muffins (which i still think 3 in a box for nearly $2 is expensive, but maybe it isn't) and those are to die for. i heat one up in the microwave for 20 seconds and have a cup of herbal tea with it. That works great for me!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #10  

I haven't bought any of it, or the WW products in the grocery store. I try to avoid white flour (which I think their breads, muffins and Engl. muffins are, if I am not mistaken) and I try to eat fresh fruit instead of a more heavily processed bar.

I switched to Core for the duration of November so that's an easy way for me to avoid all of their stuff!
Old 11-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

I have bought their ice cream sandwiches in the grocery store and they are sooo good!
Old 11-13-2006, 05:45 PM   #12  
One Martini at a Time...

The only thing I buy is the MixIns because they are Sucralose (Splenda) and not aspertame (Equal/Nutrasweet).

I too try to stay away from the processed stuff, and if you read the labels on their foods it's just chemicals. You're better off going to Trader Joe's or something similar if you can.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:36 PM   #13  
a brave new me...

The two point cheesy twists are great and really satisfy my occasional craving for salty/crunchy/cheesy. They will be a staple in my cupboard from now on but they are not something I eat everyday. I also LOVE the WW ice cream treats and have a 2 point treat almost everynight... either that or some Dove dark chocolate. I am a firm believer in low point treats! Although I focus on healthy, whole foods I also know I have to live with this eating regime for the rest of my life so a hundred calories worth of sweets or snacks is very reasonable.

As far as the cost goes, I don't even think twice because I have spent a fortune on all the wrong things in the past (junk food, fast food, constantly buying new clothes due to weight gain, prescription and OTC meds, doctor's visits, chiropractor visits, etc) so whatever the financial cost of losing weight and becoming healthy... I am going to spend it! I am worth the expense and sacrifice!

Last edited by Sojourner; 11-14-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #14  

I hate the S'mores bars.
Choc mint bars are good.
love love love the 1 pt fudge bar from the grocery store. Its worth whatever I have to pay!
the choc cakes and carrot cakes from Walmart that look kind of like twinkes are bad and tiny.
Hersheys now make a thin candy bar that only has 60 calories and they are good.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:00 PM   #15  
a brave new me...

Well I got some of the WW baked goods and tried the carrot cake last night... my husband and I had quite the laugh because each piece is super tiny! The taste was ok... haven't tried the chocolate yet. Also got the WW blueberry muffins and wasn't very impressed. It tasted too sweet and sticky... wish they would have stuck some whole grains in there it would have been much tastier and more filling. Now the WW ice cream treats are divine... LOVE the oreo bar and the toffee bar... best 2 points of the day.
Closed Thread