WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 08:26 PM   #1  

Default Need help with a recipe for points

I have a recipe out of the WW cookbook Simply the Best. It is called Tortilla Swirls and I can't make sense on the serving size.

The just of it is, you make the filling then take 9 tortilla's and put approximatley 1/4 cup of filling in each of them. You then cut each one into 6 equal parts. THe recipe says it makes 12 servings at 2 points per serving. But if you do the math, it doesn't equal out. What is my serving size?

Am I missing something here? HELP!!!!!
Old 09-17-2001, 08:51 PM   #2  

Sounds pretty weird to me. What I'd do is use 8 tortillas, then each serving is 4 sections.
Old 09-18-2001, 08:34 AM   #3  

First of all, making 8 and cutting it into four sections gives 32 pieces, not divisible by 12.

I'd cut the 9 into 4 sections each which would give 36 then each serving would be 3 pieces or 2 points.
Old 09-19-2001, 03:12 PM   #4  

Default Point Issue

Susan has the right idea. I have that cookbook also. I think what they have done is make it come out so that you have a 2 pt snack. They do the math but don't figure the number of pieces don't equate. I would cut the tortilla as Susan suggests but then I would cut each piece in half again so you have a thinner piece of roll that is easier to eat. If you leave them in 4 pieces per tortilla they will be thick and hard to bite into.
Closed Thread