WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 10:20 AM   #1  

Default Need Breakfast Ideas

I am stuck on breakfast foods. I need something early in the morning and am having no luck finding low point, easy, quick foods. I've been doing bagels but wasting 6 points every morning on a stinkin dry bagel just seems bad.

I have to be at work at 7:30 so I'm usually just grabbing something to eat at my desk. Mornings with my 12 month old are rushed to say the least.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-20-2001, 10:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I keep instant oatmeal on hand in the office . I've gotten the Quaker oatmeal in the cups and it's only 3 points. It's filling and it's easy to make.
Old 08-20-2001, 10:48 AM   #3  

Yogurt, fruit and some grape-nuts cereal make a good quickie. Also the WW Breakfast Bars (2 points) and a cup of yogurt are good. Peanut butter on whole wheat for 4 points. I mix a tablespoon of peanut butter with a tablespoon of Fat Free Cream Cheese and it goes farther. You could slice a banana or put some raisins on there and have a really good breakfast sandwich.
Old 08-20-2001, 05:54 PM   #4  

Default Breakfast Ideas

I like muffins for breakfast. Eat them every day. Cinnamon Bran 2 = 3 pts. Chocolate 2 = 2 pts. Go to the bread and grain section of the Recipe thread. I pulled up one and the other is already there. You can keep them in the refrigerator or the freezer and always handy. They are very filling.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:05 PM   #5  

To me a breakfast with lots of protein lasts a lot longer. One of my favorites is a Boca Burger with a slice of 2% or ff cheese, all on 2 slices of light bread. I add salsa to mine - which turns my DH's stomach I have this and a piece of fruit and I'm set til lunch time. I nuke the boca about a minute, add the cheese and nuke another 15 sec or so til it starts to melt, then put it between the lightly toast bread with salsa. You could take this to eat in the car and have the fruit when you get to work.

And mornings are a busy time for most of us, and adding a year old baby must make it "interesting"
Old 08-22-2001, 12:13 AM   #6  

Muffins and fruit are my staples. I make a double batch on the weekends because DH and the kids like them too. Then I put them in the fridge and take 2 with me to work everyday. I have a great recipe for a 1.5 pt berry/bran muffin that i love! I find I do best if I have a muffin first thing, then some fruit an hour or 2 later and then another muffin later in the morning. Those mini meals every couple of hours keep me going longer! I'm going to have to check the recipe thread for more options though!
Old 08-22-2001, 09:01 AM   #7  

If you are looking for something easy that you can eat with one hand - which could be important chasing a little one - try the "breakfast cereal" bars. Healthy Choice and many grocery store brands have some fat free or low fat ones in many flavors. Be careful about the regular ones because they can have a lot of fat and therefore more points. Or try some of the fat free fig-newton cookies. 1 point each. There are also other flavors available if you do not like figs. Add a glass of skim milk to this and you have an easy meal that has some dairy, fruit and a little grains.

Or try some of the "meal replacement" bars. You should read the labels carefully, because some of them are quite high in calories and fat. They may not be as satisfying to your taste buds as "real food", but they are better than nothing. Or worse, better than digging unto a box of Captain Crunch just because you are starving and can't find anything else.

And you can keep a box of either of these in your desk at work.

Last edited by gsc4; 08-22-2001 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-22-2001, 07:59 PM   #8  

I live on the same breakfast as Pat. I like mine with mustard, though (grosses the husband out, as well ). I love the Boca burgers and sausages. Morningstar Farms sausages are pretty good, too, and work really well in a breakfast sandwich. For variety, I'll use a toasted 2 point english muffin or a whole wheat pita.
Old 08-24-2001, 09:18 AM   #9  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

This is not necessarily simple, but good. My niece gave me her idea of WW style quiche for one. she takes a piece of LFbread and lines a muffin cup with it. (One of the dozen holes in a muffin pan). Then she pours in 1/4cup of Eggbeaters. Then she sprinkles in a few veggies (onions, broccoli, etc.--anything you'd like in a quiche) and bakes it in a 350 oven until the Eggbeaters set. I think you could make a batch at a time, freeze them, bring one to work and microwave it. This is *low* in points. I figure two of them come to 3points, and one quiche would only be 1 1/2
points. I am always on the lookout for new ideas, so I love threads like this one!
234/thinner
Old 08-24-2001, 01:10 PM   #10  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

I like the quiche idea, but I like to do them with crepes. You just substitute the crepe for the light bread. And two crepes are 1 point. 2 crepes, 1 egg, plus veggies is a great meal for 3 points.

If you've never made crepes, they're easy. You can do a big batch and freeze them, separated by wax paper. Then just pull the amount you need from the freezer and microwave or put in a plastic bag and let them sit overnight to thaw.

Lin S
Old 08-25-2001, 12:37 AM   #11  

I eat the same thing for breakfast every day. 1 cup Kashi Good Friends cereal (1 pt), 1/2 cup milk (1 pt), 1 cup OJ (2 pt). Total for breakfast: 4 pts. It really fills you up for low points. It's quick & easy & takes no brain power or effort to make!
Closed Thread