WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #1  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

Default skinless chicken wings?

If I were to make my own homemade chicken wings and removed the skin, would it be lower in points? The average wing is 3pts each.. so would they go down to say 2 or even 1?
Old 04-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #2  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

That's a good question, I'll see what anyone else says. I'm LOVE chicken wings, but so costly in points!
Old 04-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #3  

Default Wingz

I've done it, it is tedious to remove the skin and the fat. But hey, they were still good. 21 g of Wing meat is 43 cal with 2 g of fat. That's the meat from one wing. Now, depending on the sauce you use. . .
Old 04-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #4  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

I think so...you should definitely be able to reduce the points

what I've done in the past when I need the 'buffalo wing' fix is take some chicken breast tenders, dab in a bit of egg/flour mixture (not much - just enough so it's got a little bit on it), add a little bit of hot sauce to it and bake it until it's done.

Then, toss in your buffalo sauce...has the flavor of the wings, has the mess of the wings, but not the fat/calories.
Closed Thread