WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #1  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default Omelets?

Can anyone tell me how many points would be in a western omelet or any type of omelet. We are going to Shoney's for breakfast and I'm trying to decide what I can actually have to eat there. Thanks...
Old 03-09-2006, 01:06 PM   #2  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Try looking at the Shoney's website for nutritiional info or a comparable breakfast place (like IHOP)

or, use one point for every egg used (usually they tell you if it's a 2 or 3 egg omelette); 0 points for any veggies, 2-3 points for ham/bacon, 1-2 points for any cheeses, and 2-3 points for any kind of oil used (because they will use it).

some tips: ask for eggbeaters and minimum oil/butter.

Hope this helps
Old 03-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #3  
Missy

S/C/G: 204/204/145

I was going to suggest going to DWLZ.com as they have hundreds of restaurants that show points, and they do have Shoney's, just not a listing for Western Omelets.

This would be my suggestion if you want the Western Omelet. Either find out how many eggs they use (2pts for each egg), guesstimate the points for the inside (veggies are free and I'd guess 1/4 cup of cubed ham or 2 ounces) and ask them to cook it without oil. If you really want to lessen the points, ask them to cook it with eggbeaters. Restaurants are generally vary accomodating, especially with some many of us being health conscience now a days. I'd skip the potatoes for a fruit cup and skip the biscuits for WW toast. They are yummy, but . . . high in points!

Also, Dottie's Weight Loss Zone (dwlz.com) is a great WW reference site with lots of restaurants. I use it all the time.

Missy
Old 03-09-2006, 01:16 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Or use an entree from a similar restaurant.

Try Denny's or Perkins or even the database here for nutritional info or try Calorie King or Diet Facts.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #5  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks to everyone for quick response....
Closed Thread