WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #1  

Default New WW snack cakes

A couple of weeks ago I discovered at our Wal-Mart Super Center boxes of WW snack cakes for 1 point. They come in chocolate & carrot. They are smaller than look on the box, but very very tasty. Sometimes, at the end of the night, if I don't have enough points left for my 2 pt. ice cream, this makes me feel like I still get dessert and satisfies my after dinner/before bed sweet tooth.

I went back to Wal-Mart yesterday to stock up again and also found blueberry muffins for 3 points. I haven't tried them yet. I am glad to see more WW foods coming into the stores.

start weight 01/13/04: 271
now: 225.5
45.5 lbs. down
a lot more to go
Old 09-20-2004, 06:25 PM   #2  

do they have the ww snacks at all walmart supercenters? i live in las vegas,nv! PLEASE HELP
Old 09-24-2004, 10:44 PM   #3  

The Super Walmarts in the Las Vegas area carry the WW snack cakes. I buy mine at the store at I-215 and Centennial Parkway, but others in the area carry them. Don't look with the snack cakes. They have been in the bakery section, directly across from the actual bakery department, on a rack with other fresh baked goods in my store. My WW group says that the other stores have them there as well.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:08 PM   #4  
It is what it is...

I just got some of these at my SuperWalmart here in IN...and I love them. The carrot cake ones are sooooooooo good. They are small ( and I think they are a little expensive - $2.96 for 6 little cakes ) ... but they are only 1 point and really help out when you are craving something sweet. The chocolate fudge are good as well. I did see the muffins but did not buy any. Just my two cents
Old 10-03-2004, 02:26 AM   #5  

Danger!! Danger, Will Robinson ...these are a RED LIGHT FOOD for me!! I can't keep them in the house (especially the carrot cake) ...they're gone before the day has ended, and I'm the only one eating them ...they are TOO good.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:28 PM   #6  

Lightbulb

When the need for dessert creeps up, try eating 1 or 2 of these very slowly savoring the flavor. I refrigerate them, (I once had some get moldy not long after I bought them, and for what they cost I was pretty upset!). I microwave them for 10 seconds to make them more 'fresh' and like to have them with a cup of coffe. The warm liquid cmbined with eating them slowly really makes for a satisfying treat. Try putting them on a saucer and eating them with a fork. These really help me stay on track.

Tip - if you are going to a birthday party, bring these along and have even 3-4 if necessary to avoid the cake that can be anywhere from 10+ points for 1 piece!! That is what I am planning to do tomorrow.

Kim
Old 10-15-2005, 08:49 AM   #7  

They are very good! And yes, a bit costly. My super walmart used to carry all of them!! But I went in yesterday and decided to see if there were any.... sure enough.. they are not selling them anymore!! This happens all of the time at our super walmart. I don't shop there very often because the store is just terrible in my oppinion. Many people I know can't stand the store. I can't wait for the new one to open though!! Kroger's does sell some of this stuff though!! I am hoping to find some this weekend.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:53 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Actually where they are put depends on the Wal-Mart or store.

My Wal-Mart keeps them with the Hostess and Little Debbie's snack cakes.

Personally I think they are dry and not worth the money. I'd rather spend points on qualty than what they are......
Old 10-15-2005, 09:59 AM   #9  

They do seem dry. My walmart put the ww cakes and stuff in the produce/bakery area. It is a weird place for them. But there was something else there yesterday. Walmart said they are not carring WW products (except for smartones meals and ice creams) anymore.

I do enjoy and actually prefer SF jello with lite cool whip on it! A serving of each is 0 points and it is a nice sweet treat.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:47 PM   #10  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Oh man,weight wactehrs carrot cake snacks?Looks like I am hunting down the walmarts around here
Old 10-15-2005, 09:46 PM   #11  

THey sell them at Vons Grocery stores here in the greater San Diego area. Plus they have huge 2 pt WW brand bagels.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:12 AM   #12  
Cowboy Up Chick

Personally I find them too small (which leads to me eating more of them) and they are kinda dry (the snack cakes).

I have not tried the muffins (there are 3 different kinds of them) becaue I feel $2.97 at WallyWorld is too much for 3 muffins when I can make some at home that are healthier.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:14 PM   #13  

I tried the WW muffins. I tried the blueberry and I felt they were too dry. They were much better once I put them in the fridge and ate them cold. But I won't be buying them again.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:20 PM   #14  

Remember also, that it is 1 pt for 1, but 3 points for 2.

I don't think they are worth it either. Too small, not all that tasty and not worth the money.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:01 PM   #15  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

The carrot cake snack cakes are TO DIE FOR!!! And in the holiday issue of ww's magazine, they have an ad for a new flavour....Lemon. YUM YUM....
These are also a red flag item. The carrot cake ones are quite moist and for what its worth? the chocolate ones are a let down because I find them dry. I was rather dissappointed with the size at first opening the box though.
Closed Thread