WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 09:26 AM   #1  

Default WW...... 0 Point Foods Question

I have a question. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans and stuff like that are all 0 point foods. But if I have 1½ cups at dinner and put it in my food tracker (on ww website - not on paper journals) it shows up as 0.5 points. Which is not a lot, but still. I know there are limits to everything!! But I wanted to know what you all thought about this.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:48 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Zero point veggies are always zero points. There is a programming problem that apparently they cannot or will not adjust in the database/PointsTracker. It only distinguishes (and I think this is due to the RecipeBuilder) cal/fat/fiber and not what is a zero point veggie.

However W/W does say you need to be cautious and if you are excessively eating them you may want to count points. My leader says, "eating veggies didn't make you fat" and "W/W has never counted them in the past" so she says zero points are alway zero but if you hit a plateau and have tried everything to break evaluate how much of them you are eating.

Carrots and Onions are 2 veggies W/W has changed because of their high gylcemic index. They are full of natural sugars and shrink much more than other veggies when cooking so you get much more of them cooked in a cup than most. This and the fact the sugar metabolizes when you heat it are the 2 reasons that W/W has added points for cooked cups of these veggies....however my leader (and this is not official policy) nor do I count them but then again we don't excessively eat them so it really doesn't cause us problems.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:04 AM   #3  

Thanks Kelly! You have always been such a good knowledgable help for me! I am glad your still doing WW and still on the boards... whether it be here or WW boards.

I basically only eat the veggies at dinner. And I really like to have most of my plate be the healthy veggie. It makes less room for the other stuff.

With now being a diabetic... I want to watch everything I do. I want to lose weight but also get healthy and beat diabetes.

I didn't know there was something with the site. I think I am going to have to use my paper resources too. I did buy a spiral yesterday so I could paper journal as well. So I think I will do this. Tally up both online and on paper.

Thanks bunches again! Your awesome!
Closed Thread