WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 01:32 PM   #1  

Default WM brand

I know the Crystal lite is 5 calories- and shouldn't count towards your water intake correct? How about the Walmart version of crystal lite- its got no calories, no fat, no sodium, ect. Can you put this in your water and count it towards your water intake for the day? Just curious!
Old 05-27-2005, 04:17 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Crystal Light can count for 1/2 of your required 6 8-ounce glasses a day. So can the Wal-Mart version.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #3  

can tea be counted toward the 6 glass requirement?

It's hot in texas, and sun tea is the best!
Old 05-27-2005, 07:53 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Only if it is decaff.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:30 PM   #5  

Okay, this has been a topic of discussion at my WW meetings because our leader originally said you could use the Crystal Lite or Wal-Mart brand for ALL of your waters if you choose. Then she said last week that she recieved a fax from the WW people saying that you could only count them as half (as Kelly said) but no one is sure why since there is really nothing in them but flavoring. But half of your water is supposed to be plain old water. Which is fine with me, but I know a lot of people have a problem getting their water in when they can not doctor it up.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:32 AM   #6  
Eat well, Live well

I was wondering the same thing as sherrie. Water is a chemical that you put into your body, just like all other foods. Why does it make a difference if the crystal lite is dissolved in it? Caffenated drinks obviously make a difference, because they make your kidneys take more water out of your blood, and sugar drinks make a difference because of all the sugar calories, but what is in the crystal lite that makes the water it is mixed with "not count" as water? I have the same question for any drink that does not contain sugar or caffeine. Like unsweetened fruit juice...if you count the points from the natural sugars, why does the water in the juice not count as water?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:21 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

The artificial sweetener is the reason why..it takes more to process it than it does plain water!
Old 06-01-2005, 11:23 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie Abbott
I have the same question for any drink that does not contain sugar or caffeine. Like unsweetened fruit juice...if you count the points from the natural sugars, why does the water in the juice not count as water?
They do count for 1/2 of your water just like the Crystal Lite and such but because there is more to the processing (thus it takes water to help process to get the water) they are only counted for 1/2.
Closed Thread