WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 10:39 PM   #1  
Annie

Hello,

I am going to be eating at Panero's Bread out here in Milwaukee today and they have these delicious bread bowls. It is a medium sized round sourdough bread bowl with french onion soup (melted cheese on top. Any idea of points??

I was figuring 3 for the cheese (not a lot cheese)but how much for bread and french onion soup??

Thank you!

Annie
Old 02-24-2001, 01:25 AM   #2  

According to Dotti's website the soup alone (no cheese, no bread bowl) is only 1 point. She does not have the french oinion in the sourdough points, but figuring from what she does have, it soulds if like the bread bowl by itself has at least 12 points! What you could do is get the french onion in a regular bowl and get a Sourdough roll to go w/ it. She lists that as 3 points, so that is 4 points. I'm not usre about the cheese, though. I would just leave it off because once I ate a little of it, I would just start craving it all the time because I LOVE french onion soup w/ all that cheese!

Go to Dotti's website and find the Restaurants page. She has a whole lisitng of Panera Bread foods. You might see something you wnat better than the soup. Good luck!!

[This message has been edited by StraitLover (edited 02-23-2001).]
Old 02-24-2001, 08:54 AM   #3  
Chicklet

I love Panera's soup in a bread bowl! I run a candle store in a mall and that restaurant is right across from us!! Love their soups too! I figured the bowl to be about 7-8 pts. I took one home and weighed it once. The rolls are 2pts I believe and the bowl weight almost 4 times the weight of a roll. Most of the soups I like are 4 pts. So for 11 pts you can get quite a filling meal!!! I use this as a treat from time to time.
Hope I am acurate enough for you!

Lynn
Closed Thread