WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 10:12 PM   #1  

What nutrition information is available from
the Royal Caribbean Cruise line for the meals?
Can Vegetarian options be requested?
Is points information or nutrition info available?
Thank you for your help.
Old 02-20-2001, 10:23 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Take me with you and I'll do all the figuring and we won't gain! LOL!
Old 02-20-2001, 11:12 PM   #3  

I just took a Meditteranean Cruise on Royal Carribean last May! It was WONDERFUL!

To tell you the truth though, I don't know how much nutritional information is available (I didn't care at that point). I know that you can ask for special meals, and there are a ton of choices for you to decide from!

Have fun!

------------------
Tracy
320/284/150
OP Since 10/30/00
Old 02-20-2001, 11:42 PM   #4  
imaleader

typically, only fast food restaurants provide nutritional information for which the points can be calculated because they cook according to a standard formula and amounts and quantities and ingredients never change. regular (non chain) restaurants cook according to what they have on hand, what is available, and based on demographic needs. This is true of cruise lines too. Your best bet is to use the tools you have available and apply your best guess estimates to it. You'll do fine. This is not an exact science (unfortunately) but more, a GUIDELINE for us. Have a great trip.

Old 02-21-2001, 02:43 AM   #5  
Soon to be Lifetimer

Sounds like fun!!!
We are going in Sept. to Western Carb.

I hope -- BETTER -- be at goal by then. (16 more pounds to go)

Everone had said "it will ruin your diet."
"Better lose 10 more just in case"

Well here is my plan. When you go to the buffets fill up on fruit first. I always find I eat more fruit when it is already prepared for me

I also think if you just watch your portion sizes and eat your veggies and fruits as well as drink a lot of water you will be fine.

My husband has cruised before and he said there is so much to do that you don't eat all day like people say.

You may gain a pound or two but I wouldn't sweat it. It could be due to climate change also.

Enjoy and let us know how it was.

Thanks for letting me put in my 2 Cents!!!

Old 02-21-2001, 07:52 PM   #6  

How timely this topic is!! We too are leaving on a cruise Sat. for the Southern Carribean for 7 days. We have been on a shorter cruise to the Bahamas in the past and you really don't sit around eating all day, although you could certainly do that because you're busy with a alot of activities. But, to be honest, I already know I am not going on this vacation, to count points and watch what I eat and drink, although I will certainly give it my best shot
Does anyone else but me ever do this when they go on vacation? Just say h*** with it?
Pat
Old 02-21-2001, 08:50 PM   #7  

We went on RC cruise after Xmas and if you want to stay OP, you should be fine. We ate most of our meals in the Dining Room, not at a buffet, and each meal had a complete healthy or lighter menue suggestion from the chef. Every thing we ate was fantastic, and the service was unbelievable. Dream it, and they will serve it, so this is truly your opportunity to ask for whatever you like, served the way you like even if it's not on the menue! We were on Sovereign of the Seas and it had a great exercise room with a gorgeous view of the ocean, so take advantage of that. One other tip I don't think they advertise much... if you drink soda (diet of course) ask for the $10 sticker to put on your guest services card, that entitles you to all the soda or whatever comes from the fountain for the entire trip. It was especially a good deal for the children.
Enjoy the cruise!
Paige
Closed Thread