WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 01:25 AM   #1  

Hi!
I seem to have no problem staying OP during breakfast and lunch, but dinnertime just kills me.

I have a hard time thinking of "new" things to make myself for dinner ( I live alone).

I usually end up eating the same old boring things, examples of my typical dishes are lean cuisine meals, grilled chicken and veggies (which is wonderful, but not ALL of the time, pasta.

Any suggestions for relatively simple dinner dishes for one? Thanks!

Marie

145/140/115
Old 02-08-2001, 01:40 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Check out this section at Dotti's:
http://pub38.************/fdottisweig...recipesfor1or2

It is a whole section with probably nearly 50 recipes geared toward 1 or 2 servings.
Old 02-08-2001, 04:27 AM   #3  

This is a link to Dotti's own "simple meals." They really ARE simple, and rely on some prepared items which makes them suitable for one person who doesn't feel she can be bothered mixing, chopping, measuring and sauteeing for herself alone.

(Of course, I can't be bothered to do any of those things no matter how many I'm cooking for!)
http://www.dottisweightlosszone.com/mymenus.html
Old 02-08-2001, 05:50 AM   #4  
REC

I find it easier to stay OP if dinner doesn't take long to prepare.

Spagetti squash to the rescue! Cook it up ahead of time. It'll keep in the fridge for 5-7 days. I just scoop a bunch on my plate, put on 1/4 cup spag sauce (1 point), cut some pre cooked eggplant and put that on top. If you have green peppers, tomatos, onions, cut them up and put on top. Sprinkle with parmesean cheese and micowave for 3 minutes. If you eat meat, while the microwave it on, brown some meat and add that.

Chop up bok choy, brocolli, carrots, celery, garlic, ginger, other veggies you like. Stir fry chicken, meat, or shrimp. When almost done, add veggies and soy sauce. Stir fry til done. For a faster meal, have washed and cut veggies waiting in your fridge.

I eat Kashi and milk a lot for dinner.

Try different veggies--try a new one every week. Snap peas, snow peas are plentiful. Okra is wonderful as long as it's not cooked long (when bright green, it's done!). Try Kale steamed with touch olive oil and garlic. Try a mixture of turnip greens and mustard greens (YUM!). Brussel sprouts, cooked cabbage. Ever had a rutabega? Not free, but good and filling. Can you tell I love veggies?

I put a piece of catfish in a large pan, add water and cover. When almost done, I'll cover it with chopped greens (mounds of it) and cover. The greens will cook in a minute. Plate the greens and then plate the catfish.

[This message has been edited by REC (edited 02-07-2001).]
Old 02-08-2001, 06:52 AM   #5  

hey rec---i love your catfish and greens idea! that's right up my alley... can't wait to try it...
Old 02-08-2001, 08:41 AM   #6  

I've been making a lot of homemade soup (there are some great recipes on this site), and usually keep two different kinds in the fridge. When I get home from work, it's easy to quickly heat some up, and it's very filling. Two of my favorites are the portebello, basil and lentil stew, and a Southwestern chicken soup, which is very spicy. Good winter fare, even if you live in Arizona like I do!!! And, I guess it must be working, because Monday at Weigh-In, I reached my 10% goal! 19 pounds of fat outta here!!!!!! Yay!!
Old 02-08-2001, 10:38 AM   #7  

wow! I have the same problem cause I live alone too. Breakfast and lunch are cool cause I am at work, so I am able to control myself. But, when I get home it is so hard to buy things to make a good homeade dinner for myself, because so much stuff is left over. So, I end up eating just some canned black beans that I spice up with tomatoes, spices, etc., or I use my George Forman ( Did I mention I love that thing!) and throw on a veg burger and some veggies to grill, or my fav thing is just some canned or homeade soup. I also make veggie burritos by taking some FF refried bns, putting it on a FF wheat tortilla, and topping with lots of salsa, veggies, etc.

185/138/125
Old 02-09-2001, 05:06 AM   #8  

I got the WW cookbook, Simply The Best, and I make things and freeze them in one serving containers. The beef stew and turkey lasagne are both very good and freeze well. I also freeze hamburger patties.
Old 02-16-2001, 10:39 PM   #9  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Vada, Vada, Vada!
Weigh to go. That 10% difference is such a great accomplishment! Keep up all that you're doing AND congratulations!!!!
Closed Thread