3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   Lunch suggestions? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/30225-lunch-suggestions.html)

mauvaisroux 08-05-2003 02:49 PM

Lunch suggestions?

Hello everyone:wave:

I am looking for suggestions for portable lunches. I brown bag my lunch to work everyday but I am tired of eating the same salad/ fruit all the time and I also feel that I am not eating enough at lunch as I am starving by 4 p.m.

I don't have access to a microwave but do have access to a small fridge at work and I have a good stainless steel thermos for the winter.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Idealperson 08-05-2003 03:05 PM

I know what you mean-salads get borring after a while, try adding new stuff to them, like peas, sunflower seeds, meat, boiled eggs.

How about making some chicken breasts at home (leftovers from supper) and putting it on a light bun with let/tom/onion/etc.

Fruit salads are also good.

Open a can of tuna and mix with mayo/onion/celery/etc.

Pretzels and salsa would be a filling and have with fruit or a slim fast candy bar.

A Slim fast shake is good on warm days. Shake it up with ice!

Try making other sandwiches and use tortillas instead of bread. I like deli-select brand meats with lite cream cheese and a pickle spear.

I have a big sweet tooth, so I make alot of the low point cakes or have graham crackers with lite cherry pie filling-some times that is my lunch!

Keep V-8 in the fridge for when you get hungry between meals.

Best of luck!

mauvaisroux 08-05-2003 07:00 PM

Thanks Idealperson! :D

I forgot about V-8's - they are quite filling and a great way to get in an extra serving of veggies!

Dollar Bill 08-07-2003 08:15 PM

I like fat free bologna sanwitches and fat free cheese sandwitches with f.f. mayo and lettuce and tomato.and pringle chips. got moore if you need em.

mauvaisroux 08-08-2003 07:37 AM

Thanks Dollar Bill!

Any other suggestions would be great- I feel like I am stuck in a rut lately, which leads to me getting bored and cheating. I ended up buying a buttertart at lunch time this week :rolleyes:

Idealperson 08-08-2003 10:23 AM

Would the people in your office consider putting in a few bucks to purchase a microwave-it wouls help out everyone?

Cereal with milk is also a filling nutritious lunch...

I'll keep thinking...

mauvaisroux 08-08-2003 11:43 AM

We've already asked and were told that the bosses don't want a microwave in the office because they don't want the smell of food cooking to permeate the office :rolleyes: but if you get takeout you can smell it in the office anyway :?: whatever!

bandit2 08-12-2003 12:08 PM

Hi - today I am having FF chicken slices (1 Pt) on Dempsters caraway rye ( 2 pcs = 2 Pts) with lettuce & light mayo (.5 Pt) and chicken cup of soup (1 Pt) Total: 4.5 Pts

I sometimes bring a whole tomatoe and slice if up (0 Pts) for a side dish.

Hope this helps.

Idealperson 08-12-2003 12:38 PM

Today I am having 2 Wonder Wheat Slices of Bread, a can of tuna, with lots of dill pickle slices (making into a sandwich) and a whole tomato-fresh from my garden!

mauvaisroux 08-13-2003 07:39 AM

Thanks Bandit and Idealperson! :)

Bandit- what company do you get the FF chicken slices from?

bandit2 08-13-2003 04:52 PM

It is in luncheon meat section in a package (not sure maybe Maple Leaf) but they are 3 slices for 1 point. Also have turkey, ham & bologna. Hope this helps.

Today for lunch I had Signature meatballs frozen dinner (4 Pts) and added some nuked frozen veggies (O Pt) melba toast (4 slices for 1 Pt) and a little becel (.5 pt) = 5.5. Pts.

You really need a microwave - so many more options.

For breakfast today I had a "breakfast pita" and toasted it in oven and it was very good (3 Pts) and very filling.

Idealperson 08-13-2003 04:56 PM

Today for Breakfast I had 1 nectarine and Kashi Crunch cereal with skim milk (4 points). For lunch a mini-chef salad (8 points).

bandit2 08-14-2003 09:48 AM

Mauv - the brandname for those meats is Scheiders (ff)

Having another one today for lunch with carrots & pickles & cup of soup.

Have a great day.

ala 08-14-2003 08:08 PM

How about something like a pasta salad? This is my lunch this week. I added 1 ounce of Wow potato chips and a diet coke:

Exported from MasterCook *

tomato, basil and smoked mozzarella pasta salad

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories : 4 Points MAIN DISHES
Vegetarian WWRecipeTrade

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
8 oz fusilli -- or other spiral pasta, uncooked
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar -- or more to taste
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 cup cherry tomato -- or grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup basil -- fresh, chopped
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk -- smoked, diced
1/8 tsp table salt -- or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper -- or to taste

1.. Cook pasta according to package directions without added salt or fat.
Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add vinegar, oil and oregano; toss to
coat.

2.. Fold in tomatoes, basil and mozzarella; season to taste with salt
and pepper. Serve warm or chilled.

Source:
""Joyce Ripple" <[email protected]>"
Yield:
"1 cup"
Start to Finish Time:
"0:25"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 201 Calories; 4g Fat (17.6%
calories from fat); 8g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 5mg
Cholesterol; 105mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0
Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : Vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh basil and smoky mozzarella
have natural affinities - add balsamic-infused pasta and
you've got a wonderful meal.
Yummy lunch.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Or cold chicken? There are lots of chicken recipes which taste great cold.

mauvaisroux 08-16-2003 02:02 PM

Thanks Bandit! I will look for them on my next grocery trip :)

Ala- thanks for the recipe - sounds delicious :T