WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 09:33 AM   #1  

Talking

I recently found one box of chocolate, chocolate chip muffins at the store that were 3 pts each and absolutely wonderful-especially when I cut it in half and added a bit of cool whip free. (It was very much like a hostess cupcake minus the frosting.) Anyway, I haven't been able to find it again. Has anyone found a source for ww items that don't appear in the local supermarket-perhaps via internet? Is anyone out there from Buffalo and know of a nearby source of ww products? Just hoping...
Old 03-07-2001, 01:27 PM   #2  
Is is spring yet??

I don't know of any substitutions - but I know those chocolate chocolate chip muffins are hard to find here too - and I love them also - good luck! Tara
Old 03-10-2001, 03:01 PM   #3  

Where I live, those delicious muffins are with the WW breakfast items (like the egg mcmuffin type of things), not the desserts. You might want to look there. I think they also have blueberry muffins.

Nancy
Old 03-11-2001, 10:57 AM   #4  

Have you ladies tried the Kellogg's All Bran muffin mix - it comes in blueberry and apple/cinnamon flavors. If you substitute skim milk, egg beaters, and applesauce for the regular milk, egg, and oil - they are only one point per muffin - they make a good size muffin. I like to have them for brerakfast and also for a dessert once in a while.
Old 03-11-2001, 12:03 PM   #5  
Cute & Cudley

Ginaki - how much applesauce do you substitute for the oil? I have been looking for a muffin that is only 1 point for a while now. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2001, 12:08 PM   #6  

Hi Kimmie Jo - You use l tablespoon of applesauce for 1 tablespoon of oil. Enjoy.
Old 03-11-2001, 09:50 PM   #7  
Chick-a-dee

Krusteze also makes ff blueberry muffins and orange-cranberry muffins that are very good. They are 2 points per muffin. It's good to know about using applesauce for the All-Bran blueberry muffins, they are sooo good!
Old 03-11-2001, 10:25 PM   #8  
Cute & Cudley

I bought the Kellogs All Bran muffins today. Couldn't find the blueberry so I got the apple cinnamon.

Ginaki - thanks for the oil/applesauce trick. I am definitely going to try it.

While at the store looking for the All Bran muffins, I found fat free muffins in the bakery made by Isabellas. They are raisin bran and come out to 2 points for a huge muffin (I double checked the label which a serving size was one half muffin, but each serving was only 1 Point, thus 2 Points for the whole thing) I was so excited! I ate half of one when I got home and it was good. They have other fat free flavors also, but they were a point or two more.
Old 03-12-2001, 10:53 AM   #9  
Rat Terrier Chick

Just had to tell. I cleaned out my freezer yesterday and found a box of Chocolate Chocolate Chip muffins I bought 2 or 3 years ago. Since these muffins were so old I almost threw the box away, but then, being the chocoholic I am, I popped one in the microwave to see how it tasted after being lost in the freezer. It was marvelous! I can't get these anymore (no one in my area carries them) so I'm saving the other muffin for one of those days when nothing will do but chocolate!
Old 03-12-2001, 11:38 PM   #10  

Default I have posted a few of my recipes...

Check out the carrot pineapple muffin recipe I came up with this past week- it is over on the WW dessert section here at 3FC. I also have a 2 point chocolate muffin recipe (that can also be made into 16 bronwies with a little less liquid for 1 pt each). I even include directions for preparing dry mixes ahead so we can be prepared for chocohalic attacks- I have them frequently I bet we could add chocolate chips to them and keep the points to 2 for the muffin or 3 if we add a lot- use the mini-chips- they go further. Another favorite of mine is to take 1/2 of a package (regular pack, not the mini-packs) fat free cream cheese and a table spoon or two of sugar, stir together then marble the brownies or muffins...defenently needed for treatment resistant chocohalic attacks

I have a bunch of other muffin, quick bread, and cookie recipes that I am trying to perfect with 1-2 pt in each muffin/cookie/serving- I try to keep them to 1 pt if at all possible. My only problem is I can't eat all my sample batches so it takes awhile to try them all out- I have probably 15 recipes that I am not ready to share yet- I want to work on them just a little more. Keep watching the dessert section for new recipes.

Christine
Old 03-18-2001, 08:15 AM   #11  

Thanks for all the great ideas. I'm not much of a baker, but I have tried the Krusteaz muffins and enjoy them. Of course all I had to do was add water, so I can't take much credit on the success. Hope you continue to post those recipes, Rhonda
Closed Thread