WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 11:06 AM   #1  

Unhappy False Nutritional Labels

How often do you check your volume against what the nutional label says. This morning I opened a can of pears to bring for lunch and it say 1/2 cup (124 gr) is a serving. So I get out my container to put it in, place it on my kitchen scale and turn it on, switch it to grams. Taking the pears out of the juice and placing them in my container I had 2 servings in the whole can. Now the can says that it hold 3 1/2 servings approx. I think that 1 1/2 servings off is not considered approx. Do you think the juice actually counted toward the grams? Did I count this right?
Old 09-27-2002, 04:14 PM   #2  

Yes, they do count the juice. I try to use fresh or frozen because canned is really expensive when you get to the actual servings.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:12 AM   #3  

Wow Susan! You hae done SO well! That's wonderful!
Old 11-07-2002, 04:33 PM   #4  

Just out of curiosity--does the can say that a half-cup serving is 124 grams? I'm just wondering if this was a weight vs. volume kind of error.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:52 PM   #5  
BirdBrain

When I open cans of stuff, I tend to check the number of servings, then just divide it all between that number of containers, pour equal juice in, and call it good. In my instance, I have problems eating all of my points so I round up. Or, you can round down in the case of a half serving --or just have a half serving left over.

Kelly
Closed Thread