WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 07:34 AM   #1  

Default Pts for mashed potatoes?

Did the pts for mashed potatoes change? Is it still 2 pts for 1/2 cup? I could have sworn I heard that we now get 3/4 cup for 2 pts but can't find any documentation on it.

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-13-2002, 07:31 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I am not sure of the amount.....I still go with the 1/2 cup....talk to your leader?

I do have an additional question though about the potatoes. The count is 2 points....is that just for 1/2 cup plain potatoes and then you have to add points for the butter and milk....or is it mashed potatoes already counting milk and butter....

Thank yoU!
Old 11-16-2002, 02:12 PM   #3  

It's already counting the milk and butter.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:37 PM   #4  

Galadriel, the 2/3 cup you are thinking about may be the "mashed, frozen, prepared" type, which is listed in the Complete Food Guide as 2 pts. My leader said that the points were based on an average taken from sampling typical brands and various restaurants.
If you make mashed potatoes at home, you can get a little more for your points, as 10 oz of raw potato is just 3 pts. If you cook it in chicken broth (0 pts) and spray butter (0 pts if not overused), fresh cracked pepper and parsley, using the broth instead of milk, you can get a huge serving of it for 3 pts. For an extra point, you can stir in 3 T of light sour cream. (Can you tell, I really like mashed potatoes?) Yukon gold makes the best mashed potatoes, IMHO.
Jan
Old 11-17-2002, 11:09 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

quick question how much is 10 ounces of potatoes in cups?
I usually make my mashed potatoes with chicken or beef broth with no extras and have about 1/2- 3/4 of a cup
Old 11-20-2002, 05:57 PM   #6  

At the WW meeting this week, our leader was preparing us for Thanksgiving. If you make your mashed potatoes with fat-free chicken broth, chicken bouillon cubes, or dry packets of chicken broth & seasoning mix instead of butter & milk, you can have 1 cup of mashed potatoes for 2 POINTS.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:10 PM   #7  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, thats awesome thanks aleka!

I bet the chicken broth gives it a great flavor too!
Closed Thread