WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 06-25-2009, 10:54 PM   #1  

Default Question an Activity points

I work out almost every day I either run 2 miles during my lunch hour or I go to the gym. Some days I will do both. My question is do I have to give myself AP? I currently get 28 points a day
Belinda33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 345/280/160

Height: 5'8"

You never have to use activity points but I find that I lose better when I do. Who would have thought??
Tracymichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220.6/213.2/145

Height: 5'4

My WW leader told me that if you earn more than 4 activity points in a day you need to use the difference. So say you earned 6 points you need to use 2 of them. At least that's what I was told. How do run 2 miles a day!!! I give you lots of props!!!
rowan108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #4  

Ok so if I earn 3 points for running then I should use as least 1.5 of them. I just started running again because working out and cycling isn't doing anything for me anymore. I don't run the whole time but I am working my way up to it.
Do you girls weigh yourself every day?
Belinda33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I read your post wrong, thought you were saying you get 28 points a day just for exercise, lol! Was going to ask if you were the energizer bunny, lol. I do use my AP.

I thought too that there is a max you can use a week, can't remember what it is but do remember my leader saying so because she gets 9 a day and said if she actually used those 9 a day she would be right back where she was weight wise.

And...I don't weight daily...but do weigh at least twice a week just to see how I am doing.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I was just reading this thread and I have a question now. I have been working out consistantly now for 7 almost 8 weeks straight and if I am calculating it correctly I earn 6-8 ap each day. I have 22 pts which I eat and I usually use 1/2 my flex points.

I am not seeing any real losses each week as a matter of fact I usually don't see any loss for weeks at a time.

I would love some insights, what should I be doing different to see some weight loss. Am I eating to much? too little? Am I eating the wrong foods?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #7  
Jenn

S/C/G: 210/204/150

Height: 5'2

I have used WW for years on and off, after having this last baby I am back on it! I find that I really do need to use most of my activity points when I am running/working out. The weeks I don't I see no loss at all. I found I also lost better using my AP's specifically for protein, like hard boiled eggs, lunch meat, etc, when I am working out because your body needs that extra boost. It's worth a try.
Sistererth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda33 View Post
Ok so if I earn 3 points for running then I should use as least 1.5 of them. I just started running again because working out and cycling isn't doing anything for me anymore. I don't run the whole time but I am working my way up to it.
Do you girls weigh yourself every day?
From what Rowan suggested, I don't think this is right. I think what she was saying was that if you earned 6 APs, then you would want to eat 2 of those. But since you're earning 3, you shouldn't have a problem if you choose not to eat any.

I am getting 27 Daily Points right now and I don't even use all my Flex Points each week. I keep track of the APs I earn by circling them as I earn them but I have not eaten any. This helps me set a goal ("I want to earn 15 APs this week") and track my progress toward that goal. I figure this might all change once I get few daily points but for now it's working for me not to eat all of the extra points.

As for whether I weigh myself every day, I think I do most days but it's not a planned event or anything. If I do, great, if not, no biggie.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #9  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
I was just reading this thread and I have a question now. I have been working out consistantly now for 7 almost 8 weeks straight and if I am calculating it correctly I earn 6-8 ap each day. I have 22 pts which I eat and I usually use 1/2 my flex points.

I am not seeing any real losses each week as a matter of fact I usually don't see any loss for weeks at a time.
some people say if you hit a plateau, you might need to eat MORE. weird, huh? try eating all your AP's. everyone is different. some people eat all their AP's and weekly's. some people eat none. try eating more points, but make sure they're healthy points like protein and whole grains.
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 269.6/ticker/119

Height: 5'3.5"

This may be a stupid question, but out of curiosity are Activity Points only for the day you earned them or are they similar to the Extra Weekly points and can be used any day of the week in which they are earned?

For example.

Lets say I earned 3 AP's on Monday but am not that hungry that day so opt to not eat those points.

Lets say Wednesday I'm hungry and want to use the 3 AP's that I earned on Monday is this ok to do?

Last edited by LifetimeJourney; 09-29-2009 at 01:05 AM.
LifetimeJourney is offline   Reply With Quote