WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 08:02 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default County Fairs

These holiday weekend we are going to my MIL's - were there is a county fair

This time last year I ate all the wonderful/naughty foods they offer.

Does anyone have any idea how many points the following would be?

onion rings - the real ones
deep fried cheese curds - this would have to be the worst thing to eat on weight watchers.

I don't plan to eat this stuff - but am wondering what the points would be like.

Thanks - happy 4th all! - hope we dont' do too much damage this weekend.

Dana
Old 07-04-2002, 12:07 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

shs.unc.edu/library/articles/fairfood.com is a list of most fair foods althought it doesn't have onion rings or cheese curds sorry.
Old 07-04-2002, 07:03 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

thanks so much Kel! I guess deep fried cheese curds are a Wisconsin thing! No wonder we are all fat up here!!
Old 07-05-2002, 12:31 PM   #4  

Dana, how did you make out at the fair?? it must have been awful tempting just being there & smelling all the goodies!!
Old 07-06-2002, 12:29 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

not only was it tempting... my BIL ordered me ONION RINGS to give to me!! My dh (who is also doing ww) handed them to me. I actually got angry!! That was so unfair. DH said.. come on he got them for you. I said "no, he's did that on purpose to see how tough I am." Boy.. was I pissed! All my inlaws were there. My MIL said - one day isn't going to hurt you. GRRRRR

I thought if I am going to mess up it's going to be because I lose control not because anyone is pushing me.
That was Thursday - on Friday I did snack a bit too much - but it was my choice! (I did have 8 banked points for the weekend)

We drove back today- it's hard to diet when you are at someone else's home. Over all I say it was a dieting success! Normally, I would have done the polite thing and said thanks and eaten them. Not this time

Glad to be home

I hope you all had a successful weekend!

Dana
Old 07-08-2002, 10:34 AM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Slimdown--I can't believe your in-laws? Are they thin? Why are people so intent on sabotaging us? I think they're jealous. I must admit that I never heard of fried cheese curds--must be a cheesehead thing!

Dana, I hadn't seen your stats in a little while. You are doing great!

I visited my parents on the other side of Florida and they were so happy with my weight loss. Now my mother wants to join Weight Watchers. I hope she does--she needs to lose about 50 pounds. I did well even though it was a holiday weekend.

Happy losing!
Old 07-09-2002, 04:45 PM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

MMMM.... Cheese curds!!! I am in Wisconsin too, and cannot pass by those fried cheese curds, even tho they give me a belly ache every time!!! But I agree, one day will not hurt you if you get back on track!!!!!
Old 07-09-2002, 05:36 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Jen.. where in central wi are you? I went to my in-laws .. they live outside of Neillsville. We went to the hatfield flea market... fun!
Old 07-13-2002, 10:49 PM   #9  

Hi, everyone --

Dana -- Good for you for standing up for what you need to stay OP and for saying no to the onion rings your BIL bought you.

Since we're on the subject of fair food..... The Wisconsin State Fair starts in a couple of weeks and they are FAMOUS for their cream puffs. I just love their cream puffs and, while as much as I would love to buy a 6-pack of cream puffs to take home, I don't intend to go "overboard" on the cream puffs, but I would like to treat myself to one.

Does anyone have any idea how many points are in a cream puff?
Old 07-28-2002, 08:39 AM   #10  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

slimdown,
Congrats on your wonderful weight loss. You've got whatever it takes to make this program click for you. I'm sorry your inlaws were so dense. It's great that you banked points and used them when you wanted to. Keep on keepin' on! Yes, being social and leaving your home environment is tougher, but a lot of WW'ers have figured out a way to do that. I hope to count myself among them some day soon.
Itryharder
234/225/thinner!
Closed Thread