WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 04-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #1  
I will do this!

S/C/G: 227.8/206.4/140

Height: 5'1

Angry Crawfish Boil ****!!!!

So today is day 2 of WW. And what do ya know.....My Mom and Dad's joint birthday party is tonight. They've decided to stick to our Louisiana Roots, and buy my FAVORITE THING TO EAT! AHHH!

So here's my battle....Crawfish(Crayfish/whatever they are).

Does anyone know of a point value for Crawfish, and how is it measured?

I'm confused because some places say....1pt per 1unpeeled lb of crawfish, and others are 1pt per 3oz meat (does meat include crawfish?)

There are alot of different suggestions pertaining points, and I am just like, I want to eat some, but I want to know what I'm getting myself into. lol

Help me....
maggiemooandyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, but maybe it isn't too late to help you count points for them. Here's a report from Trapper Erne's Crawfish Page:

In a serving of 3 - 4 ounces of crayfish, you can expect the following amounts of nutrients:

Total fat 1 g.
Saturated fat 0 g.
Cholesterol 126 mg.(compare one egg 200 mg.)
Sodium 170 mg.
Total Carbohydrate 0 g.
Dietary fiber 0 g.
Sugars 0 g.
Protein 16 g.
Calories 80 (compare to beef 242 calories)

In addition, there is a healthy supply of vitamin D and A as well as calcium and potassium, copper and zinc in crayfish. Iodine is also often mentioned as an important ingredient. As you can also see, crayfish is a very low carbohydrate food, and without ‘carbs’ you can safely eat crayfish without putting on unwanted weight.

Keep in mind, this info is for boiled crawfish, not breaded and fried. So how was the party?

Last edited by Jane; 04-26-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:40 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Jane got you the info (hopefully you can still work it out, even if afterwards).

I just wanted to say that I'm not sure where the "1 pt per 3 oz" came from. Was that about meat in general? Because, I don't believe it is correct information. Meat can vary greatly in nutritional content. (Ex: White Fish vs. Beef) I think even chicken is 3 pts for about 3 oz uncooked.

Anyway, I hope your dinner went well! Let us know
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

^^you can eat more fish for less calories, it's less points on the exchange program as well.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote