WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 05-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #1  

Default Conflict in points...need advice

I am really confused. I bought an at home kit back in 2004. I have finally pulled it out and my husband and I started back on it yesterday. We bought some of the WW yogurt that says 1 pt. on the container, yet when we figure the points using the calculator that I received with my kit, it comes out to 2 pts. Plus, in my "diary" at the beginning, it shows the points range for different weights. Well, I am 28 pts allowed in the "diary" book, but yet when I figure the formula that someone posted from their week one book I can have 30 pts. My husbands pts are drastically different, he can have 28 from my book, but again according to the week one booklet from the WW meeting, he can have 35 pts. Which do I follow? Should I not trust the pt values on the WW food items. Would I be better off buying yet another at home kit to get updated?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
g8trzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

You may want to get an updated book. I know that some of the formulas have changed, especially fiber stuff. I would trust the WW points on the yogurt; I'd calculate your own points on non-WW brand foods. Just my humble opinion....
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #3  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

yeah i would Definally get a new kit. Re Join WW and give it a shot.. I find it is alot easier to do now then before..

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Daily points back then were only based on height and weight. Points now are based on height, weight, gender, age and daily physical activity not counting exercise.

Not even the W/W foods are infaliable of wrong points listed. However the points now and back in 2004 shouldn't be that different. I think the fiber cap came somewhere around 2000. Always go by nutritional information that a product provides as the most accurate but you also need the current tools to get the accurate points.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #5  

Thanks for the advice from everyone!! Is it possible to order the kit online or do you have to go to a WW site and join in order to purchase one. I do not want to go to weekly meetings but prefer to do it at home and use this site for support. You guys are awesome!!!
g8trzz
Old 05-10-2008, 08:08 AM   #6  

That's the problem when using old information. The WW program changes as science finds new information. You can still use that kit, but you will have to figure the points with that plan, not use the current or any points listed online. It's great you are doing this together - good luck to both of you!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

I think the W/W site still has a at home program you can order. However I think they may still be running free registration right now and it would could go to the first meeting and get the week 1 booklet and then go back to your at home type version.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #8  

Hey guys...thanks for all of the help. I actually bought the new info through Ebay. My husband and I have been on it for 1 1/2 weeks and the first week I lost almost 3 lbs!! I can honestly say that the new info makes it much easier! I can't believe all of the points you are allowed!! I didn't use all of the extra points but it sure is nice to have, if there is a special occasion.

I did have another question I was wondering if you could help me with. I work out at 123 Fit which is similiar to Curves. Could you tell me how many exercise points I would earn by going there? Or how many points you would earn for swimming or taking a 30 minute semi-fast paced walk? I don't have any info in regards to exercising and the points you earn, so I would really appreciate any help you can offer!!

Thanks!
g8trzz
Old 05-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

Activity points are based on current weight, time done and intensity. It is very individualized so you will need your activity points tracker and plug in those values and get the points.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #10  

Forgot to add that I went to the "Exercise Sticky Forum" that shares the formula of figuring points. The date on it was 2006.....is that still accurate with today's new point system?
Old 05-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #11  
Will never quit

S/C/G: 202.6/198.2/145

Here is an online calculator that I use

sublogic.com

The site won't let me post the link so you will have to search it. Sorry

Last edited by aarron; 05-19-2008 at 01:09 PM.
aarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #12  

Thanks Aaron for the website, I will search it when I get home!! I am assuming I search for exercise calculator????