WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 03-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #1  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

Default Eat all your points?

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but "all" is too short to use as a search keyword. Huh.

Anyway, how many of you eat all your flex and activity points? This is my first week, and I'm pretty sure I'll have a zero balance by my next meeting on Thursday. But...that's okay, right? I'd still be 100% on plan. Also, if I find that I'm losing satisfactorily on my maximum points, I'll probably continue on this way.

I'm just wondering, though, how many people use them only in the case of a special event, and how many consider them part of the weekly plan.

Thanks! Your responses have been really helpful so far.
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

At first when I first started WW, I used up all my 35 points. The longer I was on the diet, and as my 45 pounds came off, I got better at utilizing my points and wasn't losing if I used all 35. I did better overall, if I went crazy and used all my points for a special event, like a carnival or fair. I love fair food, and this was the only place I thought worth it to use my points. Unhealthy? Yes. Worth it? TOTALLY! Now, I rarely dip into those reserve points because I am 142 pounds trying to reach 135. I am an athlete, and just know I will be in peak physical shape if I can do this. I am lose weight soooo much slower now though. I have had hard time striking the same balance that I did when I first started. I just need to get in that zone and can't seem to do it.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

WW wouldn't hand you the points and say "now, you can look at them, but don't eat them or you won't lose weight!" They are there to be eaten. That being said, I don't always eat the weekly 35. Some weeks I just don't need them. Other weeks (more often than not) I am more than happy to snarf down as many of those 35 as I can. Same goes with activity points. I don't eat them if I don't feel I am hungry, but sometimes on the days that I work out I am absolutely ravenous and end up eating the APs too. And yes, even if you eat every single point allotted you on WW, you are still OP. Very much so. Food is good.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I eat all of my daily points and I usually eat about 3 out of 7 activity points I earn a day. I rarely touch my 35 weekly points but I am glad they are there if I need them.

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 03-16-2009 at 09:39 AM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/185/160

Height: 5'8"

I usually use around 20 of the Flex points and some weeks all of them. I agree with what someone else said...WW wouldn't give them to you if you couldn't eat them! And yes, when you eat all of them, you are still "On Plan"!
caryanne07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 6

I use my extra 35 weekly points most weeks, but I usually don't use my activity points. Last week I did use my weekly points and my activity points and I still lost 2.2 pounds. If you're hungry, or want a treat, use them... you'll still lose!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspank View Post
At first when I first started WW, I used up all my 35 points. The longer I was on the diet, and as my 45 pounds came off, I got better at utilizing my points and wasn't losing if I used all 35. I did better overall, if I went crazy and used all my points for a special event, like a carnival or fair. I love fair food, and this was the only place I thought worth it to use my points. Unhealthy? Yes. Worth it? TOTALLY! Now, I rarely dip into those reserve points because I am 142 pounds trying to reach 135. I am an athlete, and just know I will be in peak physical shape if I can do this. I am lose weight soooo much slower now though. I have had hard time striking the same balance that I did when I first started. I just need to get in that zone and can't seem to do it.

Hi there. We have similar stats. I am not a WW--I am a C Counter. Do you mind me asking you what your workouts consist of. Also, do you know (approx) how many calories you intake. How much protein is in your diet normally? Thank you!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote