Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:33 AM   #1  

Default 2/20-2/26

Good Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the prayers Jeanne. Yes I am about 2-3 hours from Erie. My Gramma lives in Westfield, NY and she is like 30 minutes from the mall I think, maybe a little more. So when I visit her that is where I shop, that's usually how I go there so I am not exactly sure of the distance straight from my house. Also, my BIL went to PenState, his first year in Erie then Main Campus. But we visited him once or twice in Erie.

The lady I watched kids for called me last night and asked if instead of doing the two weeks as originalt planned with me taking the kids two days a week, if we could just let the kdis start full time with the new girl. I said no problem. So I am done. A little sad, but mostly releived. We'll see how the new job pans out.

I am so ANGRY right now. Seething really. My husband said that 1)he told me to go back to school and get my master's or do an online program...WRONG!!!! 2) and that he doesn't think I have the AMBITION to do anything like that anyway. I am beyond angry and him right now. Really, how dare he say that to me. He told me that "school was a waste and he was NOT paying for me to continue with it. He wasn't going to pay for me to drive an hour everyday. He didn't have degree and he made more than me, his sister, my sister, his brother, my best friend ect who all had degrees. It's a waste." So I let the concept go. He also tells me he doesn't think I could hold down a job. WHAT!!!!!???? I have had a job of some kind from the time I could watch kids at 12. I babysat 40-50 hours a week every summer. Once I turned 16 I was a lifeguard, then I was a head teacher in a daycare, then a speech therapist. Not to give you my entire resume but really WTF!!!!!!!!! He doesn't think I can hold down a job? OMG I am so p'ed off.

This is just another example of how he says stuff and denies he says it. We can have an entire conversation and he will retain none of it. He just spouts off crap then tells me I made it up. If anyone has no ambition it's HIM. God, he's suppose dto eb at work at 8 and he gets up at 7:45 takes a half hour shower, takes 20 minuts to get dressed then drives the 20 minutes to work! Our front porch has been half finished for 5 YEARS, my kids bedroom isn't finished and it's been 3 years. Serisouly, who lacks ambition?

I am so mad. I really don't even want to look at him, talk to him or anything right now. Thank God it's WW night and I can leave.

Sorry for venting, but I need get it out somewhere or I swear I will throw something through a window.

Have a good day everyone!!! I am expecting a gain at WW tonight. Oh well
Old 02-21-2006, 10:31 AM   #2  

morning all! Misty - yikes!!!!! Men so suck sometimes! I have no "good" advice for you on this subject since I'm a fighter! See, I never ever let anything go, so "if" he should go off on me like that.........It's an all out fighten' brawl! (not phyiscal....but boy I can throw things....lol) All joking aside now..............I hope that you cool down and get ready for a continuation of your conversation when "Mr. Ambition" gets home today. Don't let him walk on your integrity like that! Stand up for what you WANT! I know.......easier said than done and I'm not in your shoes! I wish I had the perfect answer for you. Let me know how things pan out!

Well I spent the entire morning making appointments. My car goes in the garage on march 1. They said it'll take about 3-4 hours. Lovely! Just what I want to do..........sit at the garage and wait! Well it was suppose to be inspected today, cause it runs out 2/28 but they said with the tail light smashed out, it won't pass! grrrr! Then I had to make an appt. for the doctor, ewwww, the yearly exam thing! Ahhhhhh! I hate those, but my mother and grandmother have a bad past with that, so I ABSOLUTELY can not put it off! Then I had to make a vet appt. for the dog! Geeeeez! My DH better work some overtime to pay for all this stuff! Just kidding.

Misty - next time you come to Erie.........you should let me know.......maybe we could meet!!!! Wouldn't that be neat!

Gotta run. If I don't get to the gym soon, it'll be packed, then I get all intimidated! lol
Old 02-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #3  

Sorry I've been MIA. I've had a migraine for a couple of days, and it hurts too much to think.

Misty, I'm pissed at your husband right now too! That is so cruel!! Jeanne said everything perfectly.

Jeanne, good job with the gym

Gotta go. Take care!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:24 AM   #4  

Good Morning!!!!

Thanks for the support Ladies!!!! You girls mean so much to me!!!! Sometimes when you hear stuff over and over you start to believe it you know? Things are changing here and I feel pretty stressed. I just didn't need that crap from him.

I am more passive agressive, and I am not good at standing up and making my point, but BOY did I yesterday. I think I made my point and he's been sucking up to me since. He knows he was wrong and what he said was mean and uncalled for. He said he didn't mean it the way I took it, which I took offense to, b/c really there is only one way to take someone telling you you lack ambition. And for once I expressed that.

He has apologized profusly. He even talked with me for about 45 miutes while he was at work and helped me look at some schools and stuff. In the end we decided that I could get some books and stuff from some of his friends or maybe buy them so I can at least self study something. I really feel my brain has atrophied. I do so many mindless tasks taht I don't feel challenged or stimulated in anyway.

Oh and I lost a pound! How shocked was I? I am 9 pounds from my Easter goal. I have 7 weeks to do it. I think it's doable. I need to stick to my guns. Now, that I have been told I lack ambition I feel like maybe he thinks that I lack it in this area too. I'll show him ambition! I only have my kdis right now, so I have been able to get some sleep and stuff this week, but I think I will start getting up and exercising now that I can get up at 6:30 instead of 5. Plus, when it's not so cold I can walk with my two, just bundle them up in teh jogging stroller and we can take a hike. They would probably enjoy that. Two kids are way easier to do that with than 4!

Well have a super day everyone!!!

PS, Elana and Kitty my prayers are still with you! Izzy..girl where are you? Lizzy you too!!!!! Come back I miss all of you!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #5  

Howdy ladies.. I am sorry about not posting. It has been one of those "week before my period why does everyone need to bug me with their problems so i might as well eat" kind of weeks. I swear, I am going to start charging people for my time for counseling sessions. I would be a very wealthy woman. I know i gained weight but its water weight. The water man hasnt been delivering to my job so i think i am going to go on strike. I simply cannot work under these conditions..lol. ( I am a social worker at a mental institution for the state of NJ...all i want is some gosh darn water..is that too much to ask for??).
Misty- it might be too late to add my two cents about your huspand but i would be pissed too. I am passive aggressive too unless you get me really mad and then head for the hills...lol. I hope everything works out. I'm not sure where you are from but if you have a community college near you they have adult classes that are pretty cheap and interesting. Some can be written off on your taxes too.

Have a great night everyone!
Old 02-23-2006, 09:53 AM   #6  

Hi! Welcome back Daffadil71! And did I see dezinerjen lurking around!
Well nothing new here to report! I am still going to the gym. I have actually been able to go 5 days a week for the last two weeks! I really do like it once I get there! I wish I could share a loss with ya all this week, but........ I dunno!?!?!?!?
Misty - good job on the loss! 9# YOU CAN DO IT..........heres some to get you through! lol! I just saw that they added some new smilies, so I thought I'd throw that in!
Steph - migraines! ewwww! Hope you are feeling better soon!
have a great day everyone!

~I will try harder today than I did yesterday!
Old 02-23-2006, 10:24 AM   #7  

Hey Ladies!!!!

Jeanne I am so impressed with your workouts!!!

Daffadil Great to see you!!!! We all have those kind of weeks, what is important is that you came back and are getting back on track

Steph-How are you feeling?

It's been so great just having my two. I am babysitting Friday. I told the lady I was watching kids for that I would be her backup. So she needs me Friday But yesterdayit was around 30 here and rather sunny. So I bundled the kids up and took a quick walk. It was windier on the hill and DD said she was cold, so we only walked about 15 minutes. Then I let them take a few turns on the swing and slide and we came in. It was great to just get out a bit. Today I was able to just run to the post office, something I haven't really been able to do much b/c I had all the other kids. So it has been nice.

I think I am doing fairly well this week on the food front. Now if I coudl only get this exercise down.

Well have a glorious day girls!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #8  

Good morning! I'm feeling much, much better today. Thanks for asking! Today I just feel like I'm hungover. It's like my head hurt so badly for so long that now my brain is bruised!! I know that's the not the case, but it's what I feel like! I didn't get to weigh in on Monday, but maybe I will tonight or for sure on Saturday. I'm fortunately to have more than one day for WW.

Jeanne, you're doing awesome with exercising. Good for you--it's inspiring!!

Misty, your husband should be kissing your patootie!! I'm glad he finally got some sense. I hope you find some stuff you're interested in.

Needless to say my exercising has been non-existent, but my eating okay (except for Monday...but Monday is history!)

Daffadil, I know how you're feeling with the PMSing and water weight. Yuck!

Have a good day!!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #9  

Hello Chickys
Tonight was my weigh in at weight watchers and I LOST 2 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!! even though my week totally sucked. I feel like i gained 10. I almost wept. I was thrilled even though i didnt do a darn thing to earn it. But i will do better this week. I have been feeling kinda fluey the past few days but it will pass and then i will get my tush in gear.
Steph-i know how it is with migraines. I have headaches too. Its like someone is driving an icepick through my eye. Technically not migraines (they are residual from a stroke) but they suck. What do you take for them?
I hope you feel better soon. I know how much it hurts and how much they wipe you out.

-Erin
Old 02-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #10  

Good for you on the weight loss, Erin! 2 pounds--that's great! I lost .4 tonight, which is pretty good for me. I've taken like every kind of migraine medicine available...as far as abortives, I've tried Axert, Imitrex, Maxalt, Migranal, Vioxx, Vicadin, and Ultracet, just to name a few. Vioxx was really the only thing that gave me much relief. I was also on a couple of preventatives--topamax and depakote. There weren't for me. My migraines use to be really bad, but they have recently gotten less frequent. I just get wiped out when I have one though. Thanks for asking. I hope you're doing okay with your headaches! When did you have your stroke?
Old 02-23-2006, 07:57 PM   #11  

Sad news here---my grandmother is quite ill and is in the hospital (she lives in an assisted living place in Chicago; my parents are also in Chicago).

She fell in her apartment over the weekend; looks like she may have a head injury, fluid on her brain, some other kind of neurological complication. Not to mention that she is 91 and has severe Alzheimer's. I'm sure this is very sad for my mom.

I remember my grandmother as a fun and vivacious woman. When we visited when I was a kid, she would always play board games with me and take me to the Art Institute. We loved to look at the Impressionists.

My kids are also very sad about this. Max knows her well, my daughter less so because we moved away when she was just a baby.

Take care everyone.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:45 AM   #12  

Elana, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma!! I'm glad that you have such fond memories of her though. I'll be thinking about you and your family.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #13  

Elana I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. That is very sad. I used to work with people with alzheimer's disease and i know how hard it can be on families. I wish you and your family the best. If you need someone to talk to i am here.

Erin
Old 02-24-2006, 07:39 PM   #14  

Hi Elana! My thoughts & prayers are with you!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:36 PM   #15  

Elana, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this trying time.
Closed Thread