3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   30 Somethings #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/7671-30-somethings-2-a.html)

toad4mimi 07-21-2001 04:58 PM

30 Somethings #2

Hi all!

Just starting a new thread because our first one has gone to three pages.

Please make sure you have read the last few posts on the last thread so that you don't miss a thing!

Have a great day!

comteacher10 07-22-2001 10:53 AM

I agree this thread is a great one. Very supportive. I jsut love weight watchers. I find myself making very good choices lately. I went out for chinese last night. I barely touched the portions and was still full. Before weight watchers I would have ate the whole thing and instead of beef and brocolli I would have had a pupu platter.

Tracey

206.6 started 16 weeks ago
168.4 this week

ww goal 145

Aynjell 07-22-2001 07:01 PM

Hi everyone!.. Glad for the new thread, but is there someway we can get a seperate "heading" at the front instead of being grouped in with "other age groups"?

My weekend has sucked royally in the food dept... had pizza on friday night (although i had the points to allow it, so that wasnt too bad), but the rest of the weekend went to crap. For example,, went to see "american sweethearts" today and just couldnt resist the popcorn.. to have a small portion of it wouldnt have been bad, but i had a regular size WITH butter (dammit) and have contributed nothing more to my nutrition intake except some french toast (light bread with eggwhites) that wasnt bad but i almost marinated it in butter afterwards!!!!!!!!

So.. as you can see i've blown this weekend sky high. I am torn between eating a healthy dinner and moving on with things.. or just leaving the popcorn and french toast as my intake for the day and loading up on the water for the rest of the evening. Any ideas????

Also.. does anyone know the TRUE benefits to green tea???

Aynjell.

comteacher10 07-23-2001 07:05 AM

I would have personally gone with the healthy dinner to round out the veggies for the day. Dont punish yourself too hard for the weekend. We are not perfect we will slip but we just have to jump back on the wagon and not say well the week in ruin I should just quit. You didnt say when u weigh in but I think u can still save the week but starting today getting back on plan and throwing in a little bit extra workouts. Good Luck

Tami 203/176/135 07-24-2001 05:14 PM

I am feeling sooooooooooo pissy!

I just joined this thread and I think you guys are great! I'm writing today because I've been on WW for eleven weeks and I've only lost 4.8 lbs! It's my own fault-I lost 5 lbs the first five weeks but then gained 2 lbs one week (compulsive eating) and 2 more the next (my Father in Law passed away-God bless his soul).

I have been being as good as I can and I am sooo fed up with myself. Everyone's reason in my meeting for my weight loss is "You're older now, it comes off slower". Fifteen years ago I'd be down 15 lbs at least by now! UGH! I haven't even written my food down today. I've written my food down every day for 77 days! DOUBLE UGH!

I apologize for this tirade. I just had to vent.

Hugs and kisses...

comteacher10 07-25-2001 07:34 AM

I am sorry for your loss.

I know weight loss can be very discouraging but we all have to work together to succeed. Get back to your journal writing it does work. When u say your plan is your fault what kinds of choices are u making. Is there anyway we can help u. If u want to have an online buddy u can email me or istant message me

[email protected]
yahoo- comteacher71
[email protected]

I would be willing to work with anyone.

I have lost 38.2 in 16 weeks. I weigh in tonight and hope to get my 40th star. I will post my results are 5 when I get back

I hope everyone has a great day.

Tami 203/176/135 07-25-2001 12:51 PM

Thank you Tracey!

I'm feeling better today. I need to exercise and drink eight glasses of water a day-I know that. Nothing worth doing is easy-I know that too!

Again, sorry about the rant.

comteacher10 07-25-2001 03:41 PM

np tami that is what the board is for. You can brag about your successes and rant about the disappointments

comteacher10 07-25-2001 05:29 PM

Well I jsut got back from weigh in and I lost 2.6 pounds total makes 40.8 in 18 weeks. I am so excited. I told all the members about this website so I hope they come too.

comteacher10 07-26-2001 12:59 PM

I got a silly question. It isnt not something I have tried but thought about. If popcorn is made from corn why cant u count it as a veggie

Lizzo 07-29-2001 02:03 PM

Hi Y'all. I'm new. I am going to re-join weight watchers next week. I'm putting it off a week, because I know this week will be too chaotic to get a good start. I know that sounds awful, but it's true. I want to start on the right foot. So, on Monday, August 6th, I will re-join.

The first time I joined WW, was almost 2 years ago during my first semester of grad school. I had decent success, but then got sick at Thanksgiving, then exams, then the holidays and I kept finding excuses. I never did get back on track. I rejoined a few times during grad school, but never was committed.

Now, I am done with school. I moved about 12 weeks ago to a smallish town for a job I love, but where I knew noone. I am single. I've been lonely. So, what have I done? I've eaten... A LOT. I am a bit frightened of what the scale will say when I go next week. But, it is more frightening not knowing, than knowing. I'd guess that I have at least 60 lbs to lose. I cannot remember what my healthy range was, and since I don't know where I am now, that number is just a guess.

I look forward to getting support AND giving it. Thanks in advance for letting me join in.

Aynjell 07-29-2001 10:13 PM

And where the he@@ was I????? hehe...

Hello everyone.. checkin in..

Wow.. the past few days i've been busy, going here, going there.. i got myself a part time job, getting this done, that done.. and WOW... LOOK AT THAT... it seems as tho i've accomplished NOTHING.... hehe... ever have times like that???????????

Been on and off program.. last thursday i was up a pound, but i'm not allowing myself to stress.. its definately not worth freakin out over, as i know the solution how to take it off.

My problems have been exercize,, i havent done one bit of excersize since starting,, and i know this would help the efforts along. I bought myself a richard simmons tape (*gasp*.. yes.. i know.. RICHARD SIMMONS.... my mother would be pointing as laughing as i did to her when she bought her copy....- she swears by him now - go figure)... so i thought for someone who is freakishly out of shape.. he would be a good solid place to start - no buns of steel here yet. hehe..

Welcome to the board Lizzo, hope to see you hang around for a while.

Tracey!!!!.. thanks for writing me back.. i will definately get my butt in gear and write you back.. tooo cool girl!!!!

Comteacher. did anyone answer your question about the popcorn?? it certainly is one of those questions that make you wonder..........................

Ok.. lets get our nose to grindstone folks,,, fill our water containers... get our low fat spray and egg beaters out... and have a EXCELLENT week OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tami 203/176/135 07-31-2001 02:01 PM

I'm feeling optimistic

I am feeling so much better this week! I weighed in on Saturday at 168.00 (+2 lbs.). I expected to weigh more because of my week of eating everything I saw.

I bought an organizer and the two books (Fast Food and Reg. Food) and got my stuff organized. I am also receiving wonderful emails from some of you (you know who you are-thank you!).

I also went back through all of my WW handouts. It helped a whole lot. I also decided my "Winning Outcome". That helped me to realize the number of pounds I need to lose-and it's not that bad once I wrote it down. I borrowed some words of their example. Mine is "I want to follow Winning Points to become 38 pounds thinner so that I won't feel so inadequate."

So, that is where I'm at. I found that I get grumpy when I don't follow the plan and write down my food (probably another control issue). Boy, I've got issues up the yang-yang!

Love to all.

Tami

Hockeygrrl 07-31-2001 08:39 PM

Good evening, everyone! Just thought I pop in for some positive reinforcement!!!

Anyone find they think of the strangest things when they are trying to make time go by quicker? I was on the treadmill today, and started thinking about how it's a shame that I can't lose weight from where I need it most, first! Since I've started back OP seriously (I'm on week 4), I know that I've lost inches, although the scale only shows 2 lbs. I know that my actual fat loss is more, but I started lifting weights again, so it's not showing on the scale. I just wish the inches on my hips would come off faster than the inches everywhere else!! :lol:

Lizzo - I can understand how you feel about being in a new place, new job, single. I went through that for a while. A few years back I was in a similar place (my mom had just moved to DC, and she and I are VERY close). I had to change my attitude, and I looked at my situation as the perfect time to work on ME, before other things got in the way. I love my BF, but sometimes it's really hard to stay OP, especially when he plans things for us. Use this opportunity to make the life changes you need - they will become habits before you know it!

Thanks for keeping this thread alive! I'm looking forward to visiting often!

Hockeygrrl

Thalia 08-02-2001 10:37 AM

WOW!

Wow! Don't post for a couple of weeks and it's a whole new world! Welcome to all of the newer members on this thread. It's great to see you all supporting one another. Tracey, congrats on hitting that 40-pound mark. That's wonderful.

I'm feeling bummed today, but don't worry, I'll get myself out of it. Last Wednesday when I weighed in I'd lost another 4.6, making my total 29.6. I was thrilled. Then I went "down the shore" on vacation and bascially went insane. At last night's weigh in I'd gained 6 POUNDS! I'm still not exactly sure how that happened, but let's just say my food choices were not the best, and leave it at that. I was really depressed when I came home last night, but I got up this morning and got right back on the bandwagon. I also came right to these boards, because I know you guys will help motivate me.

My leader did say that weight that comes on so quickly usually comes off again quickly, so hopefully that will be the case. It just p.o.'s me that I trashed three week's worth of work for a few days of piggishness. I think I learned my lesson, though. It really hits home that these changes I'm making will have to be made forever, 'cause I wasn't nearly as "bad" as I could have been, and look what happened:( Ah well, my weight-loss journey will be one of several years--I won't be able to be perfect every moment. Time to shake myself awake and get right back on the horse.

Gotta go eat some nice healthy veggies.

Have a terrific weekend!

Jill

Na-tron 08-04-2001 12:00 AM

Ok guys...here goes. I am a lapsed Lifer (twice), most recently after moving from huge health oriented city(LA) to a small mexcian food dominated on here in Texas. I finally made the move to get back on program...unfortunately I have to do it "alone" as my finances do not allow me to return to the meetings. Has anyone here had problems with negative friends or family, that although you knbow they don't mean to, they tend to sabatoge your efforts? nI have a brother who is close to the 300# mark, who we all worry about..but as I know I can't help lose it for him..I know I can lose myself. However...his comments and actions tend to drag me down into the pit of chocolate/pizza/Ben & Jerry's etc..:dizzy: I made the move to start today..and I guess it went Ok..yougher than I remember, but I know I can do it. Just needed to vent..and hopefully make a few friends here that can help me along the way.

-Nate

Name: Nathan - the lone guy in here

Program: WW points

current (starting): 256.5 (OMG.....worse than I thought)
Goal: 175

toad4mimi 08-04-2001 09:31 AM

Hey, Everyone!

Geeeeeeez! Look at everyone who has joined us! This is GREAT!

Jill, I know what you mean. I have been gone a while and came back to find a whole new slew of friends! I also recently went on vacation and ate whatever I wanted. I gained 2 pounds which bummed me out completely, but like your leader said, it did come right back off the next week.

Nate, nice to finally have a male perspective. Hope all of us crazy women don't drive you away! ;)

I seem to be at quite the standstill lately. Other than the 2 pound gain and then loss, I have maintained for the last month. Let me just tell you the reason why: I have not journaled for almost a month now, and I have picked up the nasty little habit of BLTs again. No, not the bacon, lettuce and tomato thing, but even worse! BITES, LICKS AND TASTES! I am going back to the strictest routine possible on Monday morning. (My brother-in-law gets married today, so I will be partying tonight! :D )

I have to say, though, that for not journaling I have been able to maintain quite easily which makes me pretty happy. Now the possibility of maintaining long term really seems like a possibility!

Well, I better go. Time to get the hair done for the big WEDDING tonight! I have to say, my dress is really cute! And a size 8! Haven't been there in about 10 years! WOO HOO!

Have a great weekend and good luck to all staying OP!

Na-tron 08-04-2001 10:21 AM

Toad4Mimi---naw, u guys aren't crazy, whenever I actually do have the money to go to meeting, I am usually the sole male in a very female enviorment. On that note, it does seem that the WW program seems to really market to women and for some reason they seem to kind of think of us guys as an afterthought...WHAT GIVES?!?!? ;)

Anyway, happy losing everyone!!!!!!:cool:

-Nate

comteacher10 08-04-2001 04:29 PM

I have not visited this site for a few days because it looked like no one was writing but i am back and glad to see the replies. no i havent got the answer to the popcorn question. It is my pleasure emailing those who want to be buddies only the ones that do this program know how we struggle.

I reached the 43.6 weight lose mark this week. I have 18 pounds to go. These next two weeks will be ****. I am going to a concert every day for 2 weeks. Tonight I am working alone until 7 am so bringing limited food so i wont eat. The downfall is i have to drink plenty of coffee to stay awake.

I have been going to the weightwatcher.com live chat it is pretty interesting if anyone wants to check it out. My name is Tracey and than I put the amount of weight i lost so if u see me make sure u say hello.

Well going to get ready for work gl all

Tami - I love the new positive attitude keep it up girl proud of u

Na-tron 08-05-2001 02:17 AM

Tracy- what kind of concerts are u attending? I too know the pitfalls of late night work sessions...many nites at IHOP in my time :-).

have to say guys, it is gr8 to be back on the wagon again, I actually feel more in control, than I have been in a long time...and heck, its only been 3 days (3 days of working in a rest. for 10 hours a day).

-Nate

toad4mimi 08-05-2001 01:05 PM

Day After Wedding . . .

Well, got the brother-in-law all married off. A great time was had by all. 400+ at the reception, so there were a lot of old friends and family whom I haven't seen in a long time. It was nice.

The best part was everyone telling me how great I looked! One of my husband's uncles said, "I had no idea you were such a Knock Out!" Wow, now that really does something for a persons self-esteem! (Thanks for letting me boast a bit, everyone ;) )

I also find that today I feel incredibly re-charged in the WW department. Now I really want to fight to get to my ultimate goal. I have about 15 +/- pounds to go and I know that I can do it!

Nate: I think the reason that WW caters to women more than men is that women tend to have a lower body image perception than the "typical" male. I think that women tend to be much harder on themselves where weight is concerned than men do (in general). Also, women seem to be much more willing to spend their money on weight loss programs/pills/diets/etc. than men are. Just my overall life observation in this category! :)

Thanks, again, for letting me gloat a little bit about last night! Hope everyone has a great OP week. Stay focused and in control. We can all do this!

comteacher10 08-06-2001 09:31 AM

Nate- I do all kinds of concerts. I work part time concert security in the New England area. We work from Maine to RI. I have done concerts ranging from Savalation Army to Limp Bizkit.

I have not been able to work out much due to the concerts but I try to at least get my ab workout out in and I am continously walking and lifting while I work so I concider that my work out. I have not been eating terrible trying to make good choices but when u work 20 hrs a day it throws off your eating schedule. I have noticed a slight gain. I don't know but it could be muscle. I am going to try to get it back off before my wednesday weigh in. I have to weigh in early in the am instead of 4:00 so I hope that might help. No water retention.

Nate I wish there was more men in WW. I think u are right they are focusing more on woman but I beleive a man can succeed at it to. Come in here more we would love to have u.

Tami 203/176/135 08-06-2001 12:54 PM

Checking in

Hello, all!:cool:

I weighed in at 166.2 Saturday. I'm feeling much better. Thank you for the encouragement. I love this thread.

I have my "Winning Outcome" written down and I've decided to white out the # of pounds to lose and adjusting it every week. That poor little post it note is going to get heavy!

Welcome Nate! It's nice to have you here. We have a few men in our meeting. You are a fantastic example to men everywhere!!!:lol: :lol:

Here is my info on popcorn:

buttered, popped, 3 cups w/2 tbsp. butter=7 points
butter-flavored, popped, 3 cups=4 points
light, butter-flavored, popped, 3 cups=2 points
reduced fat (94% fat free) micro-popped, 5 cups=1 point

I love you guys!

CBC 08-06-2001 01:33 PM

Men in WW

Na-tron - Check out the Success Stories on the Weight Watcher website, there are some men's stories that may inspire you.

CBC

Thalia 08-06-2001 02:32 PM

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the encouragement, Pam. I'm so glad you were able to go to the wedding feeling so wonderfully good about yourself! Sounds like you had a great time.

Not journalling was part of my downfall last week, too. I'm back on track, though. O.P. for the past couple of days. The heat's helping, too--who wants to eat in this humidity?:)

Welcome, Nate. Great to have a guy in our group. It helps to get a different perspective. I have a few male friends who are seriously overweight, and from talking to them I get the impression that it's harder for them to get the support that they need from their friends while losing weight. For that reason alone I think that W.W. should really make more of an effort to target men. We have a lot of men at my meeting, but I get the impression that many of them have been dragged there by their wives. There are a few younger guys who've done really well (40+ pounds gone), and a couple more who I don't think will last because they're too impatient for instant results. That, of course, is a problem those of us with a significant amount to lose have to GET OVER QUICKLY!

Does your brother show any inclination or desire to lose weight? Are his attempts to sabotage you unwitting or intentional? It's tough when you're trying to make such serious and important changes in your life and someone you're close to and care about is unwilling or unable to support you in the manner you need him to. Especially if you're preoccupied with worrying about his health. Sigh . . . I'm just talking out the side of my mouth, though, since I don't really know anything about your situation. So, I'll shut up and ask about you. Actor? Singer? Writer? Musician? What's up?

Tami--Great Job! Glad to hear you're feeling better. 27 pounds is great! Keep up the fantastic work.

Gotta go try to exercise. Fun.

Good Luck this week, everyone!

Jill

Na-tron 08-06-2001 05:23 PM

Thalia- In answer to your questions, I know he doesn't mean to sabatoge me sometimes, but I think it just comes from his own lack of self-esteem...we are talking none here. I have done this b4 (lost 70), but returning to texas has made things more difficult. I think I got off on a good foot now, and it seem s to be going a lot easier this time around.

And as far what I do : lighting designer/master electrican...returning to school in 3 weeks for Audio Engineering (music business).

anyway...see you guys around..it is great to have support here, since I can't do the meeting thing.

happy losing and naimiste :dizzy:

-Nate

Lizzo 08-07-2001 08:19 AM

I did it. My friend and I went to our first meeting last night. I'm scraping on money from now until pay day on Friday. So I didn't go to the grocery store. I'm not sure about breakfast in the future, but today I'll have 1/2 of what I have been having. I figured out that my bagel and low fat cream cheese was 7 points! So, 1/2 a bagel with the cream cheese will do for today. It'll probably fill me up fine... all those wasted points before! Yikes!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Trip 08-08-2001 01:51 AM

Hello everyone!!

Just joined the forum. Anyone out there from Edmonton, Canada? I am thinking of rejoining WW starting next Wednesday. There is a meeting near me first thing wednesday morning. Just wanted to know if anyone out there was from my area:D

comteacher10 08-10-2001 09:54 AM

Hi all I had was a little disappointed this week in weigh in. I stayed the same weight. It is the first week in 20 weeks I havent lost. The good side is I didnt gain. I know where the problem is but there isnt anything I can do about it. I have been working really hectic hours with very little sleep so I have had to drink more coffee. Unfortunately these hours will continue for another 2 weeks. I guess I will also have to drink more water to get rid of the coffee. I am pretty proud of myself this week. I just got off a job that last 41 straight hours. I planned well and believe this week I should see a loss.

lil miss 08-12-2001 02:39 PM

Hi Everybody,

I've been reading this thread for inspiration for a while and I love the way you all support each other and would love to join in. It's great to have a thread just for the 30-somethings! I gradually gained weight over the years with no serious attempt to lose until now. When I reached size 16, I got disgusted and realized I needed help. I've lost 19 pounds since joining weight watchers at the end of May.

Interesting question about popcorn; it does seem like it should count as a veggie since it has fiber. I was wondering if veggie burgers/soy hotdogs, etc. count as a veggie? Soybeans are veggies, aren't they?

Anyway, we're going on our first real family vacation with the kids in two weeks to Florida; half of the time with my in-laws and half at Disney, and I'm really worrying about doing myself in. Any ideas?

comteacher10 08-12-2001 04:24 PM

Welcome to our group. Congrad on the weight loss. MY suggestions for your trip is to plan ahead, drink your water and enjoy yourself. If u indulge a little it isnt the end of the world just get back on plan. It is find to use your banked points once in a while. You will find yourself making good choices on your trip. When other are eating ice cream u can choose low fat frozen yogurt. Just bring your journal and maybe the complete food guide and u will be fine. I do count veggie burgers as 1 veggie.. Good luck on your trip and have fun

lil miss 08-13-2001 11:06 AM

Thanks Tracey,

A vote of confidence always helps. I get nervous when I don't know how many points something is. I don't like it when I go out to eat and am not sure how many points. I like to be in control of what's in my food! You're right about water, that will help and portion control, too. We'll be walking a lot at Disney, so no problem with exercise.

Na-tron 08-15-2001 11:31 AM

The Lone Male Reports

Hey guys, it seems as if we kinda tappered off, after a really good run of posting. Hope the thread doesn't die...Anyway, I wieghed in last week for the first week of being back OP - down 2.5, granted I was hoping for a little more, but hey I'll take what I can get. I seem to be really trucking now, and it seems a lot easier this time around (although I will be dropping point ranges this next week :dizzy: ) Will keep you guys updated, and keep posting guys....

Namaste,

Nathan

lil miss 08-15-2001 09:38 PM

Great Recipe Website

Hi all,

Congratulations, Nathan. 2.5 pounds is great! I'm disappointed tonight because I gained 1 pound at my weigh-in. I think it was too much snacking on the wrong stuff; the famous BLT's (bites, licks tastes) that did me in. But my leader refers to that as feedback; I know what not to do. This is the first time that I gained since joining WW. We head off for the Sunshine State Friday for 8 days, and it will be interesting to weigh in after that.

I found a great website that someone on the message boards at the Weight Watchers site recommended. It gives you tons of ways to search for the recipe that you want, and includes all of the nutritional info we need. It will even recommend an entire lowfat meal. Or, you can say you want a crockpot or grill recipe and it will search that way. There are other possibilities too. The site is www.mealsforyou.com.

Hope you all have a great week!

Na-tron 08-16-2001 01:15 AM

Deanna,

Thanx for your encouragement. A 1# gain in all your time at WW...heck that ain't but a blimp...you'll get rid of it. I conquered one of my demons tonight: mexican food. I went out to eat - thought it was gonna end up being one of my weekly "splurge" meal but...noooooo, I managed to come in under the total for the day( barely), but I did it. I am actually looking forward to my weigh in on friday, I think I have done well this week. good luck on your trip, and I hope all goes well.

Namaste, :cool:

Nathan

P.S - thought of something: I heard a saying once that I feel fits with our current weight war. "When we lose something we generally want to find it again" I don't know about you, but I don't want to find this weight again...LET'S JUST GET RID OF IT ONCE ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:

comteacher10 08-16-2001 10:03 PM

I hear you Nate. I love your thinking.

Well I had a great week I need to share with u all. I have been gone all week working at concerts. I made some awesome choices the whole week even though it was hard. I pulled a 3.6 loss today at weigh in which makes 47.2 in 21 weeks. I have 14.4 left until goal weight. I am going shopping for my new clothes next week. I cant wait to see what size i have gotten down too.

thanks for letting me gloat all. Hope your week was just as good

Na-tron 08-17-2001 12:12 AM

congrats Tracey, you are doing gr8. I remember (when I reached goal the 2nd time :-) ) going shopping for new clothes...I actually started dancing in the dressing room. I also remember going into one of my favorite rest. and sitting down and realizing (in amazement) that I actually fit in the booth :lol:

Keep on being a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Namaste,

-Nate:cool:

comteacher10 08-17-2001 08:41 AM

Ty Nate

Na-tron 08-17-2001 10:59 AM

Horatio Hornblower!!!

Woooo-Hoooooo!!!!!!!!!. I just weighed-in, down another 4.5. gettin close to the first 10!!..yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...sorry, had to toot a bit ;)

keep on losing!!!!

Namaste,

-Nate:cool:

comteacher10 08-20-2001 02:14 AM

Congrads Nate Wow 4.5 that is great. Keep up the great work