3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   30 Somethings #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/7671-30-somethings-2-a.html)

comteacher10 08-12-2001 04:24 PM

Welcome to our group. Congrad on the weight loss. MY suggestions for your trip is to plan ahead, drink your water and enjoy yourself. If u indulge a little it isnt the end of the world just get back on plan. It is find to use your banked points once in a while. You will find yourself making good choices on your trip. When other are eating ice cream u can choose low fat frozen yogurt. Just bring your journal and maybe the complete food guide and u will be fine. I do count veggie burgers as 1 veggie.. Good luck on your trip and have fun

lil miss 08-13-2001 11:06 AM

Thanks Tracey,

A vote of confidence always helps. I get nervous when I don't know how many points something is. I don't like it when I go out to eat and am not sure how many points. I like to be in control of what's in my food! You're right about water, that will help and portion control, too. We'll be walking a lot at Disney, so no problem with exercise.

Na-tron 08-15-2001 11:31 AM

The Lone Male Reports

Hey guys, it seems as if we kinda tappered off, after a really good run of posting. Hope the thread doesn't die...Anyway, I wieghed in last week for the first week of being back OP - down 2.5, granted I was hoping for a little more, but hey I'll take what I can get. I seem to be really trucking now, and it seems a lot easier this time around (although I will be dropping point ranges this next week :dizzy: ) Will keep you guys updated, and keep posting guys....

Namaste,

Nathan

lil miss 08-15-2001 09:38 PM

Great Recipe Website

Hi all,

Congratulations, Nathan. 2.5 pounds is great! I'm disappointed tonight because I gained 1 pound at my weigh-in. I think it was too much snacking on the wrong stuff; the famous BLT's (bites, licks tastes) that did me in. But my leader refers to that as feedback; I know what not to do. This is the first time that I gained since joining WW. We head off for the Sunshine State Friday for 8 days, and it will be interesting to weigh in after that.

I found a great website that someone on the message boards at the Weight Watchers site recommended. It gives you tons of ways to search for the recipe that you want, and includes all of the nutritional info we need. It will even recommend an entire lowfat meal. Or, you can say you want a crockpot or grill recipe and it will search that way. There are other possibilities too. The site is www.mealsforyou.com.

Hope you all have a great week!

Na-tron 08-16-2001 01:15 AM

Deanna,

Thanx for your encouragement. A 1# gain in all your time at WW...heck that ain't but a blimp...you'll get rid of it. I conquered one of my demons tonight: mexican food. I went out to eat - thought it was gonna end up being one of my weekly "splurge" meal but...noooooo, I managed to come in under the total for the day( barely), but I did it. I am actually looking forward to my weigh in on friday, I think I have done well this week. good luck on your trip, and I hope all goes well.

Namaste, :cool:

Nathan

P.S - thought of something: I heard a saying once that I feel fits with our current weight war. "When we lose something we generally want to find it again" I don't know about you, but I don't want to find this weight again...LET'S JUST GET RID OF IT ONCE ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:

comteacher10 08-16-2001 10:03 PM

I hear you Nate. I love your thinking.

Well I had a great week I need to share with u all. I have been gone all week working at concerts. I made some awesome choices the whole week even though it was hard. I pulled a 3.6 loss today at weigh in which makes 47.2 in 21 weeks. I have 14.4 left until goal weight. I am going shopping for my new clothes next week. I cant wait to see what size i have gotten down too.

thanks for letting me gloat all. Hope your week was just as good

Na-tron 08-17-2001 12:12 AM

congrats Tracey, you are doing gr8. I remember (when I reached goal the 2nd time :-) ) going shopping for new clothes...I actually started dancing in the dressing room. I also remember going into one of my favorite rest. and sitting down and realizing (in amazement) that I actually fit in the booth :lol:

Keep on being a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Namaste,

-Nate:cool:

comteacher10 08-17-2001 08:41 AM

Ty Nate

Na-tron 08-17-2001 10:59 AM

Horatio Hornblower!!!

Woooo-Hoooooo!!!!!!!!!. I just weighed-in, down another 4.5. gettin close to the first 10!!..yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...sorry, had to toot a bit ;)

keep on losing!!!!

Namaste,

-Nate:cool:

comteacher10 08-20-2001 02:14 AM

Congrads Nate Wow 4.5 that is great. Keep up the great work

Tami 203/176/135 08-22-2001 11:38 AM

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack

Hello, everybody!

I've been off the wagon for nearly two weeks!
I've missed two weeks of WW!
I've been eating with wild abandon!
I haven't been journaling or drinking water!

The bad part is...

I'M NOT ENJOYING IT!!!

What a bummer.

I've been trying to fill that weird "hole" inside with food again. The bad part is, the "hole" is not getting filled in-no matter what I eat. I know (logically) :^: that I need to get myself together and go back to WW but I don't want to step on the scale! I've been gaining and losing the same darn four pounds for twelve weeks!

I am having such a time with this! Thank you for listening. You guys rule!

Hugs and kisses,
Tami

comteacher10 08-22-2001 05:23 PM

Tami- what can i do to help you. Where is the hole coming from? We can help fill that hole not food. Email me every day I will help u. U can do this Tami. Think of the reasons you joined WW in the first place. Go back to the scale face the problems and get back on plan. The longer u wait the worse it will be.

I got a funny story for u all. I just got home from weight in. I was .2 pd away from 50. The leader told me to take my tank top off and that put me over. Now I was to work out again just to make sure I dont gain it back next week with shirt on.

Na-tron 08-24-2001 07:13 PM

Tale o' the loser

Well here goes...first Tami, stick to your guns, we all have our moments, but u gotta find that wagon and hop back on, you will feel much better afterwards.

As for Moi, I had a bumpy week, first my friends had a going-awy thing for me and I ended up having a communion with SEVERAL bottles of wine (ouch) that led to a day after that was none too pleasant. Then My mom brought over a pint of homemade ice cream..I know, I know 1/2 cup..yeah yeah, I ate the whole darn thing (augh!!!!, buit it was good:^: ) so I was all prepepared for my wiegh-in to be a lousy one......guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOWN 5#...whoooo-hoooooo...that makes for a total of 12 in about 3 weeks ( talk about my body deciding to shed a bit:dizzy: ) anyway..I hope everyone is doing good this week..if u are havng trouble..stick to your guns, it will work out.

keep on being losers !!!!!

Namaste,

-Nate

lil miss 08-26-2001 10:14 PM

Back from FLA

Hi all,

Back from the trip, and I think I made pretty good choices. Limited portion sizes at the inlaws, and Disney actually offers some healthy choices (though I'm not sure exactly what is in the salad dressing). It was too hot to eat much of the time anyway. Today though, I'm tired and hungry and kinda cranky; I think I overdid it. Tomorrow I'll jump back on the wagon and back to the routine.

Tami, I hope that you are able to get back on track. You know we are all rooting for you. No one is perfect, and setbacks happen to everyone. Keep us posted.

Tracey, Wow! Congrats on losing 50 pounds! That is quite an accomplishment, tank top or no tank top! The scale at our WW only goes to .5 pounds and is not that exact.

Nate, that is great that you keep losing. You must have done something right the rest of the week.

Well, the weigh-in on Wed. will tell how I did the last 2 weeks. Had some major stress eating the day before leaving too. Does anyone else get this nervous about the weigh-ins?

Take care everyone, and keep posting!

comteacher10 08-27-2001 02:12 AM

Hi all back from them weekend concerts. Didnt do very well on some of the choices. Was on a boat all day and the only food there was chips and pretzels. I went over a little on Saturday but I will do some extra abs and treadmill in the morning to burn them off. Well good night all way to late to be on computer