Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 08:20 AM   #1  

Default Slimmin Sistas.....The Saga Continues.....3/12/06

THE TOP 3 (OR MORE IF YOU LIKE) REASONS TO LOSE WEIGHT:
Obviously HEALTH is our #1 reason, but I thought we could share some "funny", yet "serious" reasons to us.......
1) I'd LOVE to buy a bra with only 1 or 2 hooks in the back instead of 4 or 6!
2) I want to ride a bike again. (and be able to keep up)
3) I'd like to walk up both flights of stairs in our house without feeling like I'm going to black out by the time I get to the top landing!

Also: I read this and thought I'd share........

"So you messed up. So what? Everybody messes up, so don`t be so hard on yourself! You`ve just got to forgive yourself and start again. Find out why you stopped your program. You have to think about this hard and come to some conclusion before you find a solution. So get your kitchen in order! Go shopping with a healthy list in hand, and start planning your meals again!"

Those pep talks really helped me, and I kept giving myself these pep talks until I finally heard what I had to say.

If you`ve fallen, don`t go ballin`! Get right back up and try, try again. When`s the last time you gave yourself a pep talk? You couldn`t pick a better day than Sunday to get in front of that mirror and yakity-yak with you!
Old 03-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #2  

Thanks Jeanne!!!!!!!

my top reasons....
1) to shop in the NORMAL section of the stores and to be able to shop in any store! I am so with you on the bra thing!!!!
2) to be a healthy, active mom
3) to be myself the outdoorsy, free spirited girl instead of this frumpy woman who hates leaving the house to spend time outside. I feel like in the last 7 or so years I took the real me and folded her up and locked her in a box. Time to let her out

I need to get back on track. I'm not sure what my deal is. I am pretty depressed. Money is tight. We have $42 until Friday, so my food choices are limited right now. I do have some frozen lean gourmet dinners for lunches so I should be able to manage.

Next Sunday is a big brunch for my Gramma. I'll do ok I think if I save my flex points until then. I need to just get back on track and count my points. It's not that hard, right?

Ok well off to do some laundry, if I work hard today I can get it ALL done!!!! That will make my week easier Have a fabulous day everyone!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #3  

Default great crock-pot recipes......

For those of you who like to use your crockpot, this is an awesome link!!!!!
Not only does it give the recipe, but the POINTS value too!
http://saksfamily.no-ip.com/crockpot.html
Old 03-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #4  

JEANNE YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

I just got a new crock pot yesterday, an early birthday gift from my Uncle who knew I hated my old one. I love to make crock pot meals on Tuesdays so my family can have a healthy meal while I am at my meeting. Otehr wise DH picks up McD's for himself and the kids These recipes will be great!!!

Thanks!!!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #5  

Thanks Misty! I'm sooo glad you liked it! I absolutely LOVE my crock pot too! I use it several times a week!

Well my little "beautician" (18 yo DD) is going to give me a pedicure and paint my toe nails and she's calling.......so I'm at her beck and call! Do ya blame me? haha!
Old 03-12-2006, 11:03 PM   #6  

Thanks for the crockpot recipes. Since I am not a good cook maybe I can at least put something in a crockpot It would really help especially when I get home from work and all I want to do is eat. Good Luck to everyone this week!!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:08 PM   #7  

Ok here goes

#1-I would like to be able to look better in regular clothing. It was a great day when I could shop in regular clothing stores but now i want to look better in the clothes. Also in Victoria's secret stuff. I can wear the L panties but the bras look God awful.

#2-I would like to live longer and be healthier. I have a lot of health problems that will be exacerbated when i am old and grey if i dont do this now. I know i could walk outside and get hit by a truck tomorrow but at least i would be a cuter corpse in a smaller cheaper coffin.

#3- I want to have a baby so bad. I have been told that i will be almost impossible and dangerous because my blood clots too fast. However the thinner i am the more likely my body would be able to handle a pregnancy. sooooo...onward and downward..I want to be pregnant by the end of this year.

Well there you have it. Anyway... i have been so busy and for some reason full of energy so i havent been around much. I havent been able to sit still. I lost the 2 pounds i gained so this is good. I have been very OP this week. BTW the applebees confetti chicken is very good. Today i feel like i am crashing. I had a stomachache this morning and in the middle of the night which has been a nagging thing for awhile. I am going to the Dr to get it checked out. Its on my R. side and it spreads around to my back. I want to make sure its not a vital organ or somthing like a gallbladder or a kidney with the medication i take. Anyway... the weather here is to die for. I wish everyday was like today. I even wore my sandels with my ugly toenails with the nail polish from my wedding still on.Who cares? Anyway... i better go... Hi to the new people and have a great night!

Erin
Old 03-13-2006, 07:33 PM   #8  

Default Things have really gone downhill for me

Not that this is the end of the world, but my weight is up about 7 pounds over ideal. My commitment: back on Flex, 20 daily points, 3 sessions of exercise this week. Please hold me accountable! I will be posting frequently about how I am doing this week, and I know I need a lot of sisterly support this week.

Hope all are well.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #9  

Erin...........you were married recently? I didn't know!!!! Congratulations and all that stuff!
Applebees - I LOVE the WW meals there! What nice options it gives us!
A BABY............Oh that is wonderful! Good Luck on that too and keep us posted! Oh..........and I hope everything is ok at your doctors appt!

Elana............HI!!!!!! So glad to see you! Did you get my pm? I saw that you were giving the Sonoma Diet a try? I'm glad you're back! On the 7# gain........ooops! Maybe its water weight!?!?!?!? I'm sure going back on the 20 POINTS daily, you'll lose it!

Fost.......you are welcome! I hope you find something beneficial there for you! How is the diet going? The last I knew you had dropped 2#!!!!

Misty..........what did you make for dinner? haha!

Girls - thanks for posting your 3 REASONS! I love reading them! Isn't it funny that we all want new clothes!
Old 03-14-2006, 05:32 PM   #10  

3 most important reasons I choose to lose weight!

1. I want to be able to keep up with my son and family without having to be out of breath shortly.
2. To be able to buy clothes in a regular store.

3. To feel good about myself!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:41 AM   #11  

Good Morning!!!!

Just a super quick note.....I miss being here all day I miss so much stuff.

Elana, we're here for you girl!!!!!!!! You can do it!!!!

Erin, how are you feeling?

How is everyone else?

I am up......WAY up. A little depressed. I didn't even look at the number at my meeting last night. I looked right before bed last night. I can face it right now. My own fault I know. Usually I don't have a big prblem owning the number when I screw up like this. I just don't want to face it right now.

I have water packed, and my lunch and breakfast packed. I have it alll written in my tracker so I know where I am at for the day. I set my alarm for 5 am to exercise, that so was not going to happen. I slept until 6:30. I need that sleep. I can't be happy cheery nice lady going to bed at 11 and being up at 5. Well off to face teh day. Tons to do before I leave. Hav ea great day all!!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:15 AM   #12  

Good morning Everyone! This weekend I went to visit my family in North Myrtle Beach, SC and of course I ate bad! But I am back on track and doing well so far this week. The scales have not moved. SO that is a good thing. My sister got me a new bathing suit for the summer and it fits! But if I could loose at least another 15 lbs by summer it would fit better. So that is my mini-goal for now. The weather here is nice, but it is windy as crap. I went out walking yesterday and by the time I came in my head was hurting from all the wind. This afternoon Jordan has T-ball practice and afterwards we are going to walk around the feild, since we will already be out. Just started my CNA class online and it is going to be a breeze. I just can not wait to get into clinicial and actually work with patients. Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-15-2006, 10:09 AM   #13  

Default Another accountability tool I'm trying

I just joined the Self Challenge--sponsored by Self magazine; it's at self.com/forum. Helpful support for weight loss/nutrition/fitness and has interactive food diaries and workout logs. Free to join and you don't have to give much personal info (I never give my real birthday anyway). Just thought I'd pass that on in case anyone else wants to try it.

I made a great veg. side dish last night--sauteed chopped boy choy with garlic, ginger and grated orange peel. Served it with a sauce of orange juice, light soy sauce and sesame oil. Yum! Gotta keep those green leafies coming.

Happy Hump Day to everyone!
Old 03-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #14  

Just a quick post to say hello and hope everyone is getting through the week!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:18 PM   #15  

Hi all!!!

I am glad you had a great trip Shannon. It's hard to eat on plan away from home. But you didn't gain so that is a PLUS

Elana, that challenge sounds cool. I love challenges, Jeanne suggested we do one and I think it's a great idea. I'll have to check that out when I get a chance. Your bok choy sounds yumm-o. I have never had bok choy, but I am learning to like greens that I never thought I would eat.

HI JEANNE!!!!!!!!!

Well off to make dinner. The fam is having breaded chicken breast strips (baked) and a seasoned grilled veggie thing you can pop in the oven. I am having a meatloaf frozen meal I made MONTHS ago and popped in the freezer. Also some WW famous 0 point soup I made like a year ago and froze.....think it's any good? We shall see LOL I stayed on track today, which is a feat. Next week I am taking my own decaf tea to "work" I have been drinking coffee and it's making me edgy.

Ok really going now. Have a fabulous evening!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread